Why do $100 Chinese Smartphones come with 1080p displays but $1500 ThinkPads come with 1366x768 displays..?

Why do $100 Chinese Smartphones come with 1080p displays but $1500 ThinkPads come with 1366x768 displays..?

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/docs/hardware/#supported-t60-list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

smaller of inch '' displays are cheaper

Apple Inc. doesn't have this problem.

Because ThinkPad a shit.

Attached: thinkpad.webm (853x480, 2.56M)

Thinkpads would be the perfect laptop if not for their absolute shit-tier screens.

Attached: elon misk.png (575x413, 171K)

economies of scale.
everyone uses a few variants of the same screen, along with an os made for scaling.

thinkpad, I will never understand why people think the need that with a laptop.
you piss away battey and processing power with bigger screens
The laptop has an output so when you do real work you use a real monitor.
laptops are made to be mobile pcs, you either have
A) something you can do word processing on, which only costs you 300$ new
B) desktop replacement, at this point you are only using the screen and battery for the small time you are in between power outlets.
There is no middle ground that doesn't get you called a retard.

I feel like this is the best advertisement. Getting me a stinkpad now.

That's because they use same chinklets to make their shit.

Why does everyone show thinkpad reliability but always skip benchmarks and other useful merits?

because neckbeards that use their thinkpad as stationary device prefer the robustness of the build since most of them are either fat fucks or skellys who can't control their own body and either land accidentally on their device or cover it in food or their load or whatever other liquid their body is giving off. This is also why they despise macbooks since they are not designed to be operated in a literally dump

Bigger screens are more expensive to manufacture.

My T470p has a 2560x1440 display

Because if you're not a gaymer you don't care about benchmarks

>Why do $100 Chinese Smartphones come with 1080p displays but $1500 ThinkPads come with 1366x768 displays..?
I'm replying to you from my T480 with a WQHD display that I got for about $1200.

>1366x768 displays

You can put a 1600x1200 panel for like 4o bucks on a $100 garbage bin thinkpad.
libreboot.org/docs/hardware/#supported-t60-list

because a laptop having shit performance is a forgone conclusion

Attached: idiot.png (499x338, 38K)

I have a T410 I use exclusively for programming in Netbeans and shitposting on Jow Forums. I haven’t checked what the resolution on the screen is, but is there a way to further lower the resolution or screen quality to save on battery?
Would I be able to go back to full on black screen with green font?

if it was made after 2005 it isn't a real thinkpad, this is fact

because it's either
>standardization
or
>you're buying an older model

Benchmarking say a T520 doesn't make much sense. I can put just about any mobile Sandy or Ivy Bridge in there. I can have 2-16 GB of RAM. I could have one old 5400 hdd in there or 2 SSDs in RAID. There's just to much variation to say this benchmark represents a typical thinkpad.

Attached: 1531872368949.png (752x604, 64K)