Mfw i'll never understand C++ and OOP as a whole

>mfw i'll never understand C++ and OOP as a whole

Attached: WOOP WOOP.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

warp.povusers.org/grrr/HateC.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I that real?

mfw I will only be javascript monkey whole life

Attached: Jan_Matejko_Sta_czyk.jpg (2500x1870, 629K)

Good C++ is a bloated piece of shit and OOP is curry tier cancer. Do yourself a favor and learn C, it's the only worthwhile language.

Yes and please don't report this thread. it was just a joke

dont waste your time on this sheet
it reterded shit for reterded people who cannot programm but want continue to learn comething about programming

What is it you don't understand? Pretty much noone knows all c++ features, not all are that important.

No one understands C++ as a whole. Everyone just pretends to understand it

I just don't get object oriented design. Why would I ever need objct oriented design? I can just make structures and call functions and whatever.

OOP is easy. Just don't overdo it. C++ is a bloated cancer. Don't use it unless you must.

It becomes more important when you deal with multithreaded GUIs where you are constantly updating UI elements like a data grid while keeping the program responsive. Look up "Model-ViewModel" (MVVM). I agree that traditional OOP is pajeet tier though. MVVM OOP style was made by the white man, for the white man.

OP learn your CS fundamentals first you fucking idiot. Then everything becomes obvious.

What are you talking about there is no such class here, they straight pushed us into the C and C++ pool

Firefox is in a stage of transition. They've just made a switch to a multi-process mode for better performance, stability and security. The new mode makes sandboxing possible.

Unfortunately since XUL extensions run in the main process, they cannot easily be sandboxed like WebExtensions can, which poses a security risk to the system and some users don't like that. Unfortunately since WebExtensions is sandboxed, what the extensions can do is limited in comparison to the older XUL extensions and some users don't like that.

YOU. DONT. NEED. OOP

Fuck off brainlet, you can do it all in C. There is literally no reason to use the pajeet cancer that is OOP.

I need OOP to pass first year of college.

How about you got to a decent college then you fucking brainlet.

This is the best university my little country has to offer. Next year is lisp, haskell, and math stuff. Third year R and prolog. Then fourth year is hanging myself.

Just watch cs50 lectures on youtube or smth

C++ is way too bloated to really understand it.

You are trying too hard and it's embarrassing

What about "orthodox C++"

im undestud it- it the shit

What's hard to get? You compose behaviors out of single responsibility objects, and templates let you keep strong typing while still getting generic capabilities.

The only annoying part is casting operator rules.

>beahviours
>responsibility
>templates
>generic
>operator overloading
What is all of this shit I just want to reverse a text file and shit

>t. InCel

Cniles going all out today.

Just seek to the end and iterate back to the beginning using c calls or istream iterators.

Behaviors and responsibilities apply to OOP

I want retarded students to go and stay go.
I've grown to tolerate naive students somewhat, but retarded ones still piss me off.

What??
I'm just doing
while(ios::beg

>Isn't doing it write somehow it's the language's fault.

Use fseek and iterate to 0.

Use the right tools

>*write=right

Without checking, I get a feeling there's a reverse istream iterator that would do what you need

I don't know what fseek is, it won't let me #include it
They told us to use fstream

What makes C++ bloated?

*Feature packed

C++ is a big language chock full of features. What that doesn't mean is you have to go out all them all. Just learn what you need and start programming. If you find a feature or class in the STL library that makes your life easier, then use it.

>t. brainlet
I'm not a student faggot, I was too smart to go to college.
>OOP is cancer
>C++ is bloated garbage
>Python/Java/Whatever is for brainlets

Debate me faggot, you wil lose.

don't project your mental capacities onto others

OOP is a meme. Use component based design instead.

>OOP as a whole
To address this part specifically (because I've never bothered to learn C++), the first step to comprehending the general principle of OOP is understanding its main purpose is making the code human-readable.
Essentially, you have no need for OOP when you're performing some sort of elementary task (like reversing a text file). In C++ specifically, you have access to full-fledged procedural tools, so I have no idea what's your problem with OOP in this particular case.
What OOP is best suited for is making complex solutions, especially over the longer time-span, especially if you're working in a team. Understanding the necessity of "abstraction" will help you understand all the other principles of OOP, and the abstraction is here primarily to give you the ability to read the code by just glancing at it only delving into the specific logic when necessary.

>t. kindergarten dropout NEET
You're right, I can't debate a shitty ignorant opinion of a literal retard who has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

Not the person you're responding to, but I wanted to respond. I wanted to see this supposed power of C so I decided to make a container library in C. I've already used C++ and were used to it's features and idioms. I wanted to create generic containers meaning they contain any primitive types and other structures. Instantly I missed my templates from C++. The "best" course of action I had was to use void**. Void pointers are inherently unsafe and should be best avoided when possible. In C because it's simplicity is a debilitating one and not a helpful one I lacked the tools to create safe generic data containers.

Look

Fuck off faggot, the majority of Jow Forums agrees with me.
>OOP is for pajeets
>C is the only language you'd ever need
I bet you comment your code too. LMAO!

>C is unsafe
Nice meme. It's perfectly safe if you aren't a retard.

Is this okay for an algo rhythm???

Attached: Untitled.png (631x217, 11K)

2/10, put more effort into it

Literally no arguments.

>Fuck off faggot, the majority of Jow Forums agrees with me.
Argumentum ad populum

>Nice meme. It's perfectly safe if you aren't a retard.
Hard to do if the language doesn't give you the tools.

>Argumentum ad populum
>"100% of Doctors think cancer is bad"
>You: "HA! Argumentum ad populum"
This is literally what you sound like.

>Hard to do
Only if you're a brainlet

>Literally no arguments.

You obviously never have read's Warp's excellent critique of C.

Anyone who argues against OOP and C++ will forever be doomed to be a code monkey. This is espcially true for "c hackers" who think that C is the only language you need.
You cannot build large scale systems that others have to contribute to in C.
You cannot build abstractions in C that make your codebase easy to use.

C is old and its only place is to build small scale code that needs to be fast.

As for the people that say C++ is bloated: They are brainlets and think they need to use all of C++. You don't. C++ is one of the most advanced if not mot advanced languages. If you master parts of it, doors will open foryou that will be forever locked for C hackers and webshits.

No. That's different. We all know cancer is bad because it caused NEGATIVE effects on the body. Saying C is better because of some random internet people on a website says you're right is not only appealing to popular BELIEF but makes you look insecure.

>Only if you're a brainlet
Like I said, the languages gives you few to none tools to deal with safety.

I'm guessing the whole header and include system? I think that was fixed with C++17 though.

Nice writeup but you're wasting your time on someone who is clearly trolling.

I think you mean C++20. In that standard something called "modules" will may come into play.

Hey Pajeet, those bowel movements coming along okay?

>No. That's different
Sounds like special pleading to me.

Could you please link it here? I would love to read it.

Please stop arguing and say if this looks like good code or not

They haven't included modules YET? And it'll take another decade for the features to trickle down into commercial software supporting C++

>>No. That's different
>Sounds like special pleading to me.
Jesus, are you dense. Also, nice move to ignore the other part of the argument, faggot.

I'm not op but I've taken programming classes so its kind of the same. They make you use oop for unnecesary things because they only want to see if you know the concept. Besides a complex solution would probably be too hard for someone that haven't grasped it yet.

If it works it works. It would mostly pass code review at my office

Sure. Here it is: warp.povusers.org/grrr/HateC.html

I honestly hope they don't. I've got nothing against headerfiles

>Literally who
Sounds like a brainlet to me.

HAHAHAHA. Didn't even give ONE counter-argument to his arguments.

Who's this man?

Cnile, did it ever occur to you that you had to give logical arguments to your opponent and not just give some poor excuse of an """argument"""?

>Basically everything in that paragraph is pure bullshit.
How can anyone come up with a counter argument to that?

>How can anyone come up with a counter argument to that?
I'm sure you can give a reasonable argument against one his paragraphs. No? That's what I thought.

It is different. Doctors save lives. Jow Forums posters are unemployed computer hobbyists.

This. Too bad the person is too dense to understand the simplest of things. C sure rotted his brain away.

This is what I thought too when I was first learning OOP. Seems like if you can define your own functions, you have all you need, right? Yeah, but you've probably never worked on a large project. Or if you have, you wouldn't be able to imagine it without OOP. In my opinion the most important thing about OOP is not abstraction or inheritance at all, it's encapsulation and polymorphism, especially polymorphism. It allows you to define interfaces and implementation separately, which is enormously useful to teams of programmers. Let's say we're writing a complex document storage application (this is a real life example of a half a billion dollar software company I worked for about 5 years ago). If you upload a scan of a form, you want to be able to search for the words in the JPG you uploaded. So you'll need a service responsible for the actual storage of your documents in whatever hierarchy you define (maybe you want versioning on your documents, folders and subfolders that live within a customer "workspace", etc), a service for getting the text out of whatever document you upload whether it's a JPG or a XLSX, a service for indexing your text, and probably much more. Well, each service is complex enough to require a team of a few people. So how do you transfer data from your text generating service and your indexing service? Via an API that the indexing service team defines. They tell other users the API (the interface) while they take care of the implementation yourself. The text getting service is complex enough that you may use different algorithms and expect different document types, but each time you process a document there are more simililarities than differences, this is where polymorphism and generics comes in as you can write one method to handle inputs of different types. Then access modifiers like private/internal/public can be used to define how your API is used. Some functions you want others to use, some are for your program to use internally.

I didn't mention it because I thought that it was irrelevant, but we moved on to a bigger project with polymorphics right after that. This meant that most of the people in my class knew the basics and could more easily learn the more complex stuff. There's probably some people here that think poly is the basics. But it's better to learn slow to avoid overwhelming yourself with new things

OOP is like a big fat pussy waiting to get fucked. C++ is the cock.

OOP is okish for quick prototyping