/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

>Post your questions here

>Read
>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: fagcat.jpg (308x326, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techwalla.com/articles/how-to-make-chapters-in-audacity
thisinterestsme.com/mixing-php-html/
mariadb.com/kb/en/library/truncate-table/
mariadb.com/kb/en/library/auto_increment/#setting-explicit-values
webhostinghub.com/help/learn/cpanel/redirect-domain-www-or-non-www-url
scotch.io/tutorials/easy-node-authentication-setup-and-local
medium.com/@dev2605vyas/user-login-registration-and-authentication-using-nodejs-express-and-mysql-7329cae3a17
js-tutorials.com/javascript-tutorial/node-js-user-authentication-using-mysql-express-js/
stackoverflow.com/questions/22375176/how-to-make-login-form-in-node-js-using-mysql-database
bioinformatics.org/benchmark/results.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is there an easy way to bookmark positions in audio the way you would with chapters in an mkv file?

>Got a stupid question? Ask somewhere else
Nice op

permanently embedded into the file? some files support that in their metadata, like mp3.

temporary just for playing? VLC has a bookmark manager.

With id3 tags you can make audio chapters, i don't know a program at the moment that can do it though.
You can also split it with audacity
techwalla.com/articles/how-to-make-chapters-in-audacity

I really should get a lobotomy, I read all the links but even then I did not understand how to get a safe and valid copy of Win10 for my next build.

ebay

I'm learning web dev and I'm shoving everything into one .php file and calling it a day.
Like, there's PHP at the top, HTML in the middle of the document and then my Javascript at the bottom.
What's the Jow Forums-approved-objectively-superior way of organizing your shit?

You really should, the links to the Microsoft-way and the Pirate-way are both in the first pastebin link.
Humungoretardo.

script tags
script tags everywhere

Either some sort of server side MVC framework that renders out your pages.

Or better yet, make an API and consume it using a SPA.
This makes you independent from PHP and you can use any platform to consume it later on too.

Do I make a PHP folder and a JS folder and put all my code there and just import it in the HTML file?

thisinterestsme.com/mixing-php-html/

reposting from last thread

My keyboard started freaking out. Here's how it goes, it's all working fine one moment, but then when I do "something" like watching a youtube video or playing a video game, the keyboard either stops responding completely, or it gets a massive delay for each button press between not working. Everything else(mouse, controller) works completely fine while this is happening. The PC itself isn't freezing. Yesterday everything was fine but today it started this shit. I really can't think of anything that changed between days. It even did this a bit while I was typing this. I tried restarting, tried unplugging, tried reinstalling drivers, tried looking in task manager for any weird processes I just don't know

Sounds like something similar is happening to me. A when I use a particular mouse it fuck disconnects and reconnects rapidly and sometimes does the same to my keyboard, and I have no idea what is causing it. I've got the latest drivers for both and when I use a different mouse I don't encounter the problem.

What kind of keyboard is it and what OS are you using?

I'm on windows 10 and it's just a shitty generic logitech k120 you can get for 5 bucks or whatever. But like I said, none of this was happening before today at all.

I've been fucking around with PHP and PDO making inserts and testing that everything works.
I deleted all the shit I inserted but the tables' auto increment kept counting, now my primary key goes 1, 2, 10, ...
How do I reset the autoincrement?

mariadb.com/kb/en/library/truncate-table/
or if you don't want to truncate
mariadb.com/kb/en/library/auto_increment/#setting-explicit-values

on the second link, scroll one chapter up, that was the wrong one.

Thanks user

My mum (not great with tech) wants a tablet, and I don't know anything about them. She doesn't want to spend like £300, so I've been looking and the Lenovo Tab 4 seems decent, 2GB ram, decent screen and expandable storage.
What would you recommend around the £150-£200 point?

The mouse I was using was a logitech g9x. I dunno dude I wish I had some useful advice. A cursory search suggests turning off FilterKeys in the windows accessibility options or turning off hardware acceleration in your web browser (which doesn't make sense if it's happening in vidya.)

If I want to do some quick GUI for a script (nothing fancier than those windows installation wizards with "next" "previous" "cancel" buttons, and text, checkboxes and loading bars) what should I use?
Quick googling indicates Qt but I want to make sure I go in the right direction

what platform?

What's the ThinkPad of TVs?

If Windows, WPF.

So wait if in my HTML form I send the information to PHP_SELF does the page reload with the form's data loaded in POST/GET or it doesn't reload and saves all the form data in POST/GET?

In Linux, hopefully on arch and ubuntu.
Likely it would be for personal use, so I don't mind pulling dependencies, but the more self contained the better.

I want to do lewd things with that cat, OwO

Of course it reloads, otherwise it wouldn't get executed again.
If you don't want it to reload you need to use javascript.

PHP_SELF is just a variable that contains the current script filename.
A form will always post to itself if not otherwise specified, you can just omit the action attribute.

But user, you know that cat only codes in C++, right?

Doesn't matter. Hes still a cute

What if I told you he doesn't indent at all?
He calls it real-time-obfuscation.

Why does this happen in windows?

Attached: Capture.png (254x87, 3K)

How can i fug ferris?

Because it's 10:56 AM.
Happens every day, user.

How do I make it so naked domains redirect to www. in cPanel?

Also is there any good guide for setting up a login system with Nodejs and SQL databases? I only find youtube videos and pajeet articles.

webhostinghub.com/help/learn/cpanel/redirect-domain-www-or-non-www-url

>using cpanel
pleb

scotch.io/tutorials/easy-node-authentication-setup-and-local
medium.com/@dev2605vyas/user-login-registration-and-authentication-using-nodejs-express-and-mysql-7329cae3a17
js-tutorials.com/javascript-tutorial/node-js-user-authentication-using-mysql-express-js/
stackoverflow.com/questions/22375176/how-to-make-login-form-in-node-js-using-mysql-database

I know nothing about programming.

I downloaded a Python program from Github that downloads pictures off a Tumblr blog. I have the latest version of Python installed. When I double click the .py file it closes within seconds and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

check the manual of the program, it probably wants some command line parameters and has no gui.
open a terminal window and run python whereverthepythonscriptis.py

Read the documentation and run it at the command line, providing whatever arguments it's looking for.

So I'm a newfag (here, not on other boards) trying to break into IT. I figured as a kind of learning experience I'd optimize my old shitty laptop I haven't used in two years (after I built my gaming pc.) Its pretty musch useless since the battery is shot, but whatever. What steps should I take?

I've already
>Deleted all definitely unnecessary programs
>Checked for solutions to unidentified problems using windows control panel function

Attached: 1496462265019.png (600x800, 268K)

Bioinformatics-fag here. After Python, is C++ a safe bet for performance? What about Rust/Go ?

If you're still here, I bought a new cheap keyboard and it seems to be working fine. So I guess it was a hardware issue. Admittedly I do smack my keyboards around a bit

>have Sony MDRXB90 headphones
>plugged in laptop, mic works for games, discord etc
>mic doesn’t work in adobe Audition
>not even when selecting mic in option when plugging in headphones

What do?

C++ is the best language ever, it will literally never ever fail you.

bioinformatics.org/benchmark/results.html

Thanks, works now.

Thanks for the quick answers! Is C really different than C++ besides its age, I mean? I never did compiled language so I took a bad habit of testing each function in Python because of how easy it is, afaik you can't do that easily in C/C++, am I wrong ?

>using more whitespace than is precisely necessary
I bet you separate statements with return lmao

>What steps should I take?
To solve what problem? Does it run slow? Is something broken? Does something not work?

I'd probably reinstall a modern OS on it if the hardware allows it.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1490131575509.jpg (1282x1930, 187K)

How do I apply styles from Greasemonkey to posts that are added by auto-updating a thread instead of having them revert to Yotsuba?

Its fine, just old and shitty. Plus the battery doesn't work, but I'm not gonna get a new one.

I'm only going to use it as a backup (if anything) in the event that my PC suddenly stops working, but really its just a project to get me more familiar with working on computers.

>tl;dr, what sort of maintenance would you do to get a computer to its barebones, quickly running, essentials?

use a mutationobserver that checks for added elements and then run your script for each new element added.

any reason you can't do it with pure css? are you adding elements/classes?

Why does the PHP _SERVER need to know the Windows PATH?

Maybe
You 're
Just
a
Faggot

can you elaborate? are you talking about the $_SERVER variable? where do you see that requirement?

I just printed the _SERVER variables to see what was inside it. It has the Windows PATH in one of the variables (also called PATH)

Why does the F-droid download page redirect to a 404? Anywhere else I can download

Are you sure? The $_SERVER variable officially has no PATH value.

Are you running it from the command line like php file.php, then it'll have all environment variables like your command prompt has.

thanks, that'll do it.
no paarticular reason to do it in GM really, I was just messing around with it.

Attached: 1533389151204.png (266x189, 7K)

Any way to bypass this when updating my backup? 95+% of the files I move are duplicates and will be ignored.
I know I can do 37GB at a time manually, but that's obviously annoying

Any way to bypass this when updating my backup? 95+% of the files I move are duplicates and will be ignored.
I know I can do 37GB at a time manually, but that's obviously annoying.

Attached: Capture.jpg (491x206, 22K)

try using robocopy instead, it'll just copy until it's full/fails.

I just did print_r($_SERVER) somewhere in my page.

>$_SERVER is an array containing information such as headers, paths, and script locations. The entries in this array are created by the web server. There is no guarantee that every web server will provide any of these; servers may omit some, or provide others not listed here.

What would be the best way to use a true 5.1/7.1 system (speakers) with a microphone without micspam?

Where do Kittens come from?

Cats.

Where do Cats come from?

Kittens.

Where do Kittens come from?

Where did the first kitten come from?

It just appeared in front of the door

Hey that might just be it, mirror function too.
Thanks.

From the gaping vagina of the last proto-Cat

I've been reading PHP tutorials for 2 hours now and I still can't find or remember how to access HTML elements with PHP.
I'm pretty sure it's something with # but I always end up reading some other stupid shit I don't need right now.

You don't.
PHP happens on the server before HTML elements exist.
After PHP is done, it sends the output to the browser, only then HTML starts to render.

That's not how I remember it but whatever.
I want to fill out a form with values from a database, how do I do it?

does worth to read the book "The C Programming Language"?
Even if I programmed a lot of algorithms in C using pointers and structures?

The old and shitty way that you should never ever do anymore:
Read your stuff into variables and use them in your html output like

Suggest a twitter handle

twitteruser47889347

@dickerbutter

The old way doesn't work because the inputs are already there.
I guess I'll read another 2 hours, MVC edition.

How to remove hdd in t430?there's no ribbon with hdd case to stick out the module. Help plz

i want to marry ferris

NOBODY. FUCKING. CARE. ABOUT. WHAT. YOU. WANT.
NO-BO-DY

I care

How do I find and delete all the bloat that comes with cPanel?

Like the standard 404 pages that come up if you dont make your own, the fact that cpanel.domain.com or domain.com/cpanel gets you to the cpanel and all the rest I dont even know about yet.

What's a program / script that would draw one of these sql database block diagram with the tables and the relations ?

i want to fug ferris

mysql workbench can do that

Get in the line.

are you bound to use cpanel?
you're usually better off managing the server over ssh.

FUCKING LEAVE THIS PLACE IMMEDIATELY

i want to nakadashi ferris