/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

old thread bump limit

new thread

Attached: photo_2018-07-16_17-21-23.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/pkjgmt.bmp
youtube.com/watch?v=SFaLpbmP0Yw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice setup, lights could be more consistent tho that yellow light is ugly buy a led nigga its 2018.

Here is mine

Attached: IMG_20180318_163737278.jpg (1190x892, 374K)

Comfy as hell

>Dat Movie Clapper
Mah Nigga

Attached: setup2.jpg (4000x3000, 1.85M)

eh

Attached: comp.jpg (1518x1111, 440K)

Posted my bst way too often, so here's my not so fully fleshed out yet autism station

Attached: Untitled.jpg (4608x3456, 2.08M)

That cat photo lol

You have a really comfy little workbench.

I need to get some curtains.
Also comfy as fuck.

Attached: battlestation_update_18-07-31.jpg (8368x3856, 2.31M)

My third Monitor is out because i broke my screen cable (and i need to clean up my floor)

Attached: battle station.jpg (2000x1120, 338K)

early today

Attached: 2018-07-30 19.39.15.jpg (4032x2268, 2.14M)

>complains about comfy lamp setups
>has his tiny monitor three light years away
bruh

Attached: 1530335194210.png (312x388, 139K)

hey

Attached: 1531651380412.jpg (2048x1152, 583K)

Attached: IMG_7820.jpg (4032x3024, 3.53M)

I want that wallpaper

Are there wallpapers animated? like for example like the one you have but with rotation or a storm on the surface or some shit like that

this full res still image is around 103MB, at 6000x6000 res. That background is a 4k res crop that is still 29.3MB.

So the tldr is, no. It would have to be much lower quality image to add multiple frames and not have your GPU shit itself.

mixtape.moe only allows 100MB file size, so I had to reduce the original 6000x6000 down to 5880x5880 res in order to get it under 100MB.

my.mixtape.moe/pkjgmt.bmp

For idiots like me on mobile, don't click the link in this post unless you want to fuck up your data this month, it's literally just a single 98MB image.

got rid of my couch and got a daybed for when i have visitors. now i just need some big pillows for it so it's sort of like a couch.

Attached: happy_face.jpg (7535x3940, 2.95M)

get some decorations on your wall, art, lighting, even posters or paint.
Plain white walls just look bland and ugly.

yeah i've been thinking about what i want to put on my walls for awhile. i kind of like them blank but i need at least something.
maybe some mirrors? i've heard that can make a room feel bigger.
maybe i'll get this clock.
Otherwise I have a bunch of neat inserts/posters from records i've bought over the years I could probably get framed.

Attached: eye-clock.jpg (1266x825, 164K)

I'm personally not a huge fan of the mirror look, but that's because I grew up in a house where the dining room had 2 opposing walls that were FULL sized mirrors floor to ceiling, ever since living there I just can't stand mirrors in general rooms. They just irk me personally.

Attached: IMG_20180802_203821.jpg (4000x3000, 3.14M)

>dining room had 2 opposing walls that were FULL sized mirrors floor to ceiling,
this just sounds disorienting. i don't blame you at all.

Why did you drop $5300 in a Eames chair?

Attached: newbst.jpg (4032x2268, 2.08M)

paid less than that and because i've always wanted one/been stashing a lil away here and there for it.

comfy

Every time I decide to look at these threads I see you. Didn't you wanna get a safe like to the left of the window or something? Also, what fun + scope above the monitors?

Is there any difference between a 5000+ dollar chair and pic related?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 5K)

If I were you I'd get one or two posters above that back wall, something to throw contrast. I'd say some record artworks or something like you said would be a great idea. Get a flood/spotlight (think warm on the colour. 25w bulb or like a 4200 - 4800k LED) and shine it up on the piece at night.

Overall great setup you've got tho I like it.

what job do you have ?

The price, and likely the build quality and material choice.

Honestly, plenty of people would consider $5000 for a chair to not be too expensive, there are many who get custom furniture made for them and in those cases you're spending $50000+ for a living room set.

>$5000 for a chair
i could buy a car with that
or rent for a full year in my shit hole country

Sure, but that's not really the point.

If you actually start looking at modern high end or custom furniture, $5000 for a chair is just the tip of the ice burg.

My grandparents got a new couch a few years back and spent something like $8500 on JUST a couch. If they wanted matching love seat and chairs it would have set them back close to $20,000.

The couch is great quality, top notch stitching, super comfy, high quality leather, etc, etc. It could be used as a medieval battering ram this thing is so solidly built.

idk what pic related is. not all furniture is created equal. some stuff is highly priced and still just mdf board but they get away with it for the name.
other shit has a very high build quality, for example a real eames chair:
youtube.com/watch?v=SFaLpbmP0Yw
these things can generally last 40+ years if you don't abuse them, clean them with leather wipes, and keep them out of the sun.
developer
this guy gets it

>Didn't you wanna get a safe like to the left of the window or something?
Yep, ended up deciding to move everything to the closet where it's locked + have a basic safe. The left side of the window is going to be a workbench + reloading bench.
>Also, what fun + scope above the monitors?
Grendel SRT-20F + ancient Weaver Tactical 3-9x40 MilDot scope from the 90's.

I've been talking to my uncle and he's going to help me build a custom desk. He does mechanical engineering for a living, so this thing is going to be the tits. I'm thinking a 6ft wide desk. About 4 ft deep with a cut out where I'll be sitting. Also going to have custom monitor mounts built.

Attached: NewApartmentBS.jpg (4011x3085, 2M)

what does is that?

The Desk?

Yes. I'm clearly retarded today.

The best i can do is point you towards conset Electric standing desks i got it from a guy who need it taken off his hand

ahh the furnishings of the nouveau rich
just need a hermes blanket draped somewhere to make it really scream "I have money but no taste"

you again :)
post ur shit

Attached: pathetic.jpg (800x1066, 52K)

well at least im not living in the closet like the rest of you :(

>no mario and luigi RPG games
why do you even have a 3DS

thight on space on this one

Attached: myglorioussteed.jpg (3120x4160, 1.99M)

what speakers are those?

wish i could tell you they are a pair of hand me downs Here's the back of them (they are getting replaced with a pair of Wharfedale diamond 220s when i get them which is hopefully Monday)

Attached: speakers.jpg (394x703, 14K)

I'm working on it! I never had a handheld as a kid so I'm playing through all the "classics" so to speak. Mario platformers, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda titles, recently bought Metroid: Samus returns.

I'm currently only playing the 3DS sparingly though. WoW, The Evil Within 2, havey attention right now.

Do I spot a thinkpad over to the right my n igga?

A little bit of an old pic, but pretty much the same setup as now.

Attached: desk1.jpg (1500x1125, 560K)

nice view

christ my phone is shit

Attached: IMG_20180804_210053.jpg (4160x3120, 1.85M)

Try to get some art that you feel expresses who you are, rather than just mirrors or things that you think are trendy. With the Bertoia and Eames chairs you already have more than enough 'generic rich minimalist modern' going, which is why you have Jow Forumsentoomen bullying you about being tasteless new money.

It is. One mile across a dock.

The thing is that the Eames chair wasn't supposed to be expensive - It's bent plywood after all. It is supposed to be a quality but relatively affordable piece of comfortable furniture. But Herman Miller has the design patent on it and they charge exhorbitant prices (markup of ~1000%) because people will pay it, never mind the egalitarian aims the Eameses actually had.

Yes, there's actually 5 of them. x200,x200t, x220, t43, t520

Oh man I fell in love with the x200T but eventually bought a latitude XT3 a more modern convertible PC, I still regret that.

Where do you live?

text

Attached: Anime Villain Lair.jpg (6864x2128, 3.61M)

child

>Setting money on fire and getting scammed is okay because other people set more money on fire and get scammed harder than me!

Attached: 1512353511313.jpg (1066x600, 64K)

Wewlad, I hope you don't actually believe that garbage.

American made custom furniture isn't cheap, you're paying someone a LOT of money mainly due to the fact furniture making is no longer as in-demand as it once was, so you pay a premium to get this done for you.

Of course the couch made in mexico by 12 year olds making $2 a day is going to be cheaper than a couch made in the US, even if the materials are identical.

However, the 40 year old who learned from his dad who learned from HIS dad etc, is going to do a LOT better work than some mexican kids just trying to survive. The level of workmanship is simply incomparable.

faggot kill your self

jealous

delusional

Is there literally ANYTHING in that picture that someone COULD be jealous of?

I mean you'd have to be from the past, or homeless to find anything in that picture to be desirable. It's a shithole, a complete utter disaster of a room and many people on here would rather burn it to the ground, than have to live in that mess.

Funny thing is I’m not even rich. My gf just works for a modern furniture store. Mad discounts, I spend was less than you’d think.
I wouldn’t even call it a bully. Just trying to get a rise out of me. I could use some artwork on the walls though. I have shitloads of stuff, my girl is just picky.
Also no one bats an eye when people blow $4k on a rig with another $2k+ in the monitors, keyboard, mouse, speakers, LEDs, anime figures and Dxracer.

lmao stay mad kid

Attached: DSCN0183.jpg (3456x4608, 3.76M)

thank god you live in some shithole backwater part of the country nowhere near me.

Attached: IMG_20180731_123220.jpg (3604x2703, 3.81M)

damn you don't belong here

Let this be a lesson to anyone in this thread. This is what happens when you get to be in your mid-40's, and never get married, and post on Jow Forums's tech board. This guy will die a very painful and unhappy death (within 10 years) while trying to convince himself and others that he lead a meaningful life.

Don't be this guy.

>tfw want to find a cutie pie wife
>all the women I meet don't want children, they want cats

Unless you're late 30's who cares?

Just fuck em and in 5-10 years when their time starts running out they'll change their minds, and you'll be the patient understanding husband.

Attached: grona.jpg (4032x3024, 713K)

Good stuff OP, looks pretty comf.
Got new speakers and tidied up a little, the surround sound is really nice and I never want to go back to stereo again.
I have been on vacation for the last ~week, and have missed /bst/ dearly.

Attached: BST 08 2018.jpg (4032x3024, 3.09M)

Attached: bs2018s.jpg (2091x2343, 1.63M)

Well I think you have an effay chair, even if they don't think so.

WIP

Attached: 20180801_225749.jpg (2880x2160, 2.11M)

>not pictured, cum soaked waifu pilow, ona hole & figurines

Better?

Attached: 20180726_141701.jpg (2880x2160, 2.25M)

Rolling rock

I miss living in a loft

It's really cheap here

Like it, what is the monitor mount?

share a tiny ass apartment with 3 roommates, can't fucking wait to graduate and have actual income so I can afford my own place

looks good desu, I wish I had space for my iron and stuff on my desk. Keep all of that stuff in a shelf next to my bed.

immensely wealthy and utterly tasteless

based beyerdynamic owner
are the headphones T1's?

is that megumin? also i'd suggest get a real chair, for your back's sake.

Attached: 0727182047.jpg (3264x1836, 1.37M)

>get a real chair
Well it's a WIP for a reason

and yes its megumin

>Well it's a WIP for a reason
understandable, godspeed desu

Attached: 0719182300.jpg (2794x1572, 2.01M)

Attached: IMG_67999.jpg (5184x3456, 3.13M)

sadly my next two paychecks will pretty much just go to rent and food

This is a wip with the priorities in the right order.

Really liking the setup, it looks clean and comfy. Love some Asian Kung-Fu Generation

I know the feel, that's been my life until recently. I still live on PB&J sandwiches, but at least I had enough money for weed, a couple dates, and my new computer

I had to starve myself for 2 days but today I got some money and made some sandwiches and they where the best sandwiches ever. Now I have some left over money for beer and I found some weed in my roommates brother old meth buttsex dungeon that I stole.

I was also finally able to get a wireless USB card so I can finally have internet on my desktop.

nice feames (fake eames). No point in getting a real one since for $1800 you can get a replica one that looks and feels almost exactly like it.

I painted this so I put this on my wall.

Attached: 65D19BB7-56FC-4134-AC7E-406012595ACB.jpg (2016x1512, 673K)

I did the same thing once at the beginning of the summer. Last paycheck from previous job came in super late so I didn't have any food or money for 2 or 3 days. I had just spent the last of my money at acen, and then my flight home, at least that was money well spent.
i wish my roommates had a brother with a meth buttsex dungeon, that sounds exciting
the one I share a bedroom with is gone for the weekend, it's wonderful. he's always really noisy when he plays fortnite with his normie friends and it drives me up the fucking wall