pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: IMG_20171029_125019863.jpg (800x450, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MWGzmbbimPw
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk
pcpartpicker.com/product/46RFf7/gskill-memory-f42800c15d8gvrb
pcpartpicker.com/list/dpy2bX
pcpartpicker.com/list/JCpYQZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/x7Wvq4
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/6hF48d/asus-prime-x470-pro-atx-am4-motherboard-prime-x470-pro
youtube.com/watch?v=EqQcgwz1hYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know ive posted this a few times, im LITERALLY going to the store to buy the parts in 2 hours

Find a flaw if you can in my build :) - i might upgrade to a 2TB HDD and a M2 SSD

Thanks to everyone whos given me input, youve saved me from making some bad choices love you Jow Forums

Attached: 2018AMD2700XBuildAugust1st.png (705x827, 63K)

that graphics card gives me aids

what are you using this build for?

idk how i feel about a reference style cooler on that 1080

change the HDD to a 2TB or a 3TB for not much more money
also, unless you plan on using SLI, I'd look at the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard.

>reference 1080Ti

i got the graphic card cheap, 40% off MSRP cant complain - whats the problem with it?

im going to use it for 1080p gaming, but its prepared for 60fps 5k gaming

im going to get extra fans once i lock down the air flow design of whatever case il buy

someone told me to go from 1tb to 2tb and now your telling me 3tb! for reference all my files only add to 400gb, i think 1tb is good :/ but i mean for a few schmekles more why not

Whats so bad about my GPU? again i got it for $700 CAD it was a steal, bench marked beside a Titan and it performed similarly, for $700 CAD!

I want to continue to game, I want to do a microatx build because I will have to bring the PC home with me sooner or later from my current city.

I don't go out of my way to OC Cpu's because its too finicky and I literally could not give less of a fuck about it. What kind of position am I in? I have 16gb of DDR4 on hand, SSD, HDD, 700W plat PSU, h110i cooler if I need it, peripherals but I still have a old ass 1080p 60hz monitor so that probably needs to be upgraded.

Im looking most likely for 1080p gaming w/ high refresh unless! 1440p monitors can be had for a reasonable price.

I will most likely be using micron center in cambridge for my parts sourcing.

Those prices are ridiculous. Everything is overpriced. The EVGA G3 650W Gold cooler was like $50 last week. I got a 2700 on prime day for $225. The RAM is fully double the price you should pay. No reason to buy a 1 TB HDD when 2 TB costs the same. I can't see why that mobo is over $200 either, you can get a good X470 board for much less.

This looks like a cool CPU cooler. Wish we had something like this for modern CPUs, I'd love to have one.

Attached: btf95-1.jpg (460x420, 30K)

I think they're roo dollarydoos.

What's the best silent case that takes 200mm front fan?

Shit, I think he buys his milk in bags. That explains it.

>Whats so bad about my GPU?
reference cards are loud when the fan spins, and run hot, which can hamper performance if it thermal throttles.

your using USD, im using Canadian pesos - believe me these are the cheapest prices in the country

also i did some quick research, you guys are making fun of a reference 1080ti because its not Nvidia directly , the difference in overall performance is ~5%, the price difference is 40%

no backplate, looks not ass fancy as a Titan and has lower clock speed but its still performing like a Titan - besides i already purchased it so i cant jump ship on it I-Im h-happy with it....

>$700 for a gpu
I shiggy diggy

yeah i just read that there might be some temp issues, il try and keep it as cool as i can

i dont intend on 4k gaming, 1440p 60fps is great by me

for reference most of my games run at 800x600 with 24 fps....this is not a joke

PLEASE DUDE I SPENT ALL MY MONEY ON THAT GPU DONT HURT MY FEELINGS

thank wallstreet for making copper so expensive

Not everyone lives in the States and enjoys normal pricing on computer parts.

Honestly, prices should only be quoted in a globally adopted reserve currency, not in confusing minor currencies with degenerate names.

I'd consider the MX500 500GB, this CL14 kit and another GPU
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk

i don't usually do anything too intense (in fact this may be overkill for my purposes), but wdyt?

Attached: partlist.png (974x694, 159K)

im using the same ram you suggested, 14cl, 3200

but thanks for confirming my decision

get an SSD, its going to make a HUGE difference in everything you do
:)

Might as well ask again: Building a new computer and currently have a 1080 and 16gb DRR4 3000mhz ram which will be overclocked. It will mainly be used for gaming and programs like Blender and Photoshop and I would prefer to have it be usable for the next 3 or so years. While I'm mostly leaning towards a Ryzen 2700x I'm unsure about which motherboard to get. Should I get a MSI Gaming plus, MSI Gaming Pro Carbon or Asus X470-Pro? And should I go for a 550w or 650w PSU? I'm open to motherboard suggestions, and going intel isn't out of the question but I would prefer not needing to mainly due to price.

seriously this
hdd vs ssd is like night and day

x470 good if you want to OC a bit , but dont get an MSI mobo, bad quality history

get a 650w psu, dont cheap out on a psu you might need the extra power in the future and its cheap and runs more efficient at 50-70% loads

intel is dying, ignore all intel cpu's - unless you really want 10% more clock speed for twice the price and half the cores

Swap the 1600 for the 2600, the PSU for the cheaper 620 EVO, the H15 for the Focus G Mini (more airflow) and the memory for this one
pcpartpicker.com/product/46RFf7/gskill-memory-f42800c15d8gvrb

check which of those motherboards have your ram on their qvl. gaming pro carbon is good
MSI actually made lots of improvements in their x470 and b450 motherboards, much better than their x/b3xx series ones

This is a friendly reminder to #waitforzen2 and #waitfornavi

If you don't mind saving money and don't do graphically demanding gaming, you could consider 2400G and ditch the GPU. With AMD's famously shitty OGL drivers, I get 40-60fps in warthunder (medium) on linux, it should only be better for stuff that uses dx/vulkan. If you have enough money to spend, the GPU could be unnecessarily limiting though. Really, it depends on what you mean by
>i don't usually do anything too intense

The Gaming Plus or any Asus X470 (excluding the Tuf), 550 might be enough but 650 usually doesn't cost much more

>pcpartpicker.com/product/46RFf7/gskill-memory-f42800c15d8gvrb
why the slower RAM?

going to be my first build: pcpartpicker.com/list/dpy2bX

I am nervous about this mobo. No reliable reviews and people saying shit like it's got bad VRM.
I have no issue with price of this mobo compared to other similar ones as long as it is build well. I am aiming for a reliable mobo that I won't have to return.

Attached: TUF.jpg (1080x1136, 132K)

b450 tomahawk

it has the same VRM as the X470 Tuf Gaming, which is garbage. The Asus and Gigabyte boards for AM4 are a severe disappointment.
Look at the MSI b450 Tomahawk or Mortar instead/

Thanks.
I will check that out.

>The Asus and Gigabyte boards for AM4 are a severe disappointment
Their more expensive boards are the best on AM4 like the Crosshair VII

What about mATX one? I am going to need mATX board.

They're all compatible looking at the compatibility lists provided by Asus and MSI. PC part picker isn't picking up any problems either, so I should be fine with any of them. Seems like the X470-Pro is the more popular choice.

really wanted to wait for zen2 in February

but i dont want to wait that long, besides its going to cost more than a ryzen 2700x

sigh looks like the ryzen 2700x is going to be my waifu for the next 4-5 years

Zen2 is only going to be 10-15% better, but 30% more expensive so fuck it dood

Is there a mobo that has quality sound, just as good as a sound card?

What an abomination

Attached: imgp3488_b.jpg (1210x892, 405K)

The B450M Bazooka is cheaper and better than the Tuf

the mortar is the mATX tomahawk
sound cards are a meme, all motherboards will have good sound. Get an external DAC if youre that concerned

Zen2 will kill your motherboard anyway. It requires about 1.25 times the current draw that AMD initially demanded from the original AM4 specifications.

i didn't know that

so it would require a new mobo rebuild anyhow

seems like an added $200 with the cpu+ mobo combo with an additional 6-8 month wait

i think il pull the trigger on a ryzen 2700x then :)

Why are external DACs better than internal sound cards with DACs? Less interference or something?

autism

Building my first PC for some gaming and general college use, does this look like a decent list or is there anything I should add/improve?: pcpartpicker.com/list/JCpYQZ

So no difference? lol

Is that why most x470 mobos are overkill?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/JCpYQZ
Dogshit RAM, get g.skill
lol at that SSD
get a gold rated PSU or suffer, Seasonic/EVGA/high end Corsairs have good ones.

Yes, and why the B350/B450 boards are the minimum rated for the high-end Zen2 CPUs. The A320 will only support the 65W TDP CPUs.

>#waitforzen2
I can't do it, man, it's 9 months away, I don't have the patience

sound cards are susceptible to noise yes
unless you have good quality headphones/speakers neither sound card or external DAC are worth it because onboard audio is just fine

>sound cards are a meme

>autism

i guess hifi isn't your specialty

dumb question: do CMOS batteries ever die, and if they do; does the motherboard still boot? Also if they do die, how long does that normally take?

>tfw /pcbg/ has shot down every case you tried buying

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 8K)

They can die. I have some very old PCs that have had the same batteries for 20 years without issue though. On the old ones at least, it will still boot but won't preserve any BIOS settings, clock, etc.

>inb4 shitbox with no airflow
>inb4 shitbox with RGB
>inb4 $200 shitbox full tower for mATX

Alright boys, I don't lurk in those threads, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend me a good mobo for R5 2600. I plan to overclock with it and I know that most of the MB's for AM4 are scam and their VRM's are identical, but maybe something that stands out of the line?

Well, now you have to post it.

Please don't refer to this place for cases or anything with RGB. I love cases with tempered glass side panels, the only RGB I like is on my hardware. Look up cases made by Phanteks, Corsair, Cooler Master and the like and take your pick. Fuck listening to others when it comes to your taste, just ensure there's plenty of slots for cooling fans inside the case.

scroll up

Oh shit, thanks. MSI are overall better mobos than Asus and Gigabyte scam, I suppose?

>runs more efficient at 50-70% loads
The thing is though your pc will almost never draw 100% power. It'll spend most of the time in near idle (browsing,watching videos) and then in gaming it'll be at 50-70% utilization, so 500w makes perfect sense for ryzen+1080. But upgradability is as viable as always.

yes. best MSI boards are currently the B450 Tomahawk and the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Asus is known for their legendary quality mobos, but their other hardware units are not their main source of expertice

MSI is terrible, and gigabyte is a trash company that only got its brand from making super hot GPU's back in the day

MSI B450 are pretty good. But not B350's. Avoid niggabyte.

What case?

>make build
>cant decide between which x470 mobo
>change case to matx
>cant decide between which b450 or itx x470 mobo

Corsair - 760T Black ATX Full Tower Case

What Asus MB can you recommend?

Fuck, 450's are not in my country yet. Gotta play a waiting game again. Or buy on amazon.

pcpartpicker.com/list/x7Wvq4

This looking better, user? And what should I be looking for in an SSD?

im picking this up in a hour
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/6hF48d/asus-prime-x470-pro-atx-am4-motherboard-prime-x470-pro

and my build is posted above in the second post

x470 from what i hear is overkill, but it should be able to handle zen2 7nm in the future if i decide to upgrade, also good support for OC and looks the best out of all the other compatible mobos in my opinion

its a $15-$20 premium over other models but a mobo is not something i want to save money on

pick up a samsung ssd, why go with a no name brand to save $10?

dont you want to be part of the kool kids klub

Will a vega 64 be suffucient for LG 38WK95C? (75Hz 3840x1600)
Should i delid my 6700k?

no

Now that 2600x costs $30 more whats the value cpu king? 8400?

everyone is buying a ryzen 2700x, dont be a chump

r5 2600
>buying 6 threads in 2018

I dont want to spend 350 bucks on a cpu
>shit cooler
>shit clocks
>needs expensive mobo and ram to be somewhat competitive
No thanks

Not my cup of tea and kind of expensive for what you're getting. Ultimately if you need the full tower and think you'll like the way it will look then get it.

The 8400 now also costs more so I'd say it's the 2600.

>>shit cooler
The stealth is perfectly fine. At least it won't throttle with the stock cooler like the 8400 is capable of.
>>shit clocks
It has a higher base than the 8400, and boosts to pretty much the same, plus, unlike the 8400, it can be overclocked above 4.0Ghz. If the 3600 has shit clocks, so does the 8400.
>>needs expensive mobo and ram to be somewhat competitive
B450s are expensive now? SInce when? You can get a cheap B450 perfectly capable of handling it that allows the 2600 to overclock and allows ram overclocking. Intek chipsets won't allow overclocking on the 8400 period and ram overclocking isn't a thing unless you get an expensive Z370 motherboard.

Some games already max out the 8400, but there's not a single game that can max out the 2600.
Bitch all you want; the 2600 is a better value.

>If the 3600
typo. No idea what happened there.

B450s are shit and you cant oc with stock cooler. Dont forget the b-die ram
>it wont throttle like the 8400
Intels stock is perfectly fine for the 8400

Is VRM on Asus TUF B450M really that bad? Are people assuming it is bad based on other board (X470) where the plastic cover was hindering airflow to VRM cooler?

TUF B450M doesn't have plastic covering it, will overheating be an issue?

You can find gammaxx 400 am4 cooler for 20 buckaroos. Performs bit better than 212 evo, cheap as shit, lower profile.

>you cant oc with stock cooler.
The stealth will handle an overclock to 3.7 Ghz fine.
B450s are fine.

Attached: B450 Tomahawk VRM temps - no airflow.png (1140x605, 210K)

You must be a literall shill if you think the stock cooler is adequate for anything past a pentium.
Also stop propagating the b-die meme. Ryzen is fine with any ram, if you want to take it above and beyond is when you ""need"" it.

source please, interested in ryzen mobos

Gigabyte boards are great, don't listen to these idiots. Check Reddit for real info instead of an anonymous imageboard.

>120 Celsius is fine

Attached: 5aa125149b39c33eeb903d9f4ba26db001aa817a19a2838048e27504e43fcb54.png (404x404, 116K)

>NO AIR FLOW TEST

>one is shit so all of them are shit
don't be silly

youtube.com/watch?v=EqQcgwz1hYA

>Buying Asus or gigabyte
Also.only difference between this pic and the previous was the addition of a 120mm intake above the board.

Attached: B450 Tomahawk VRM temps - airflow.png (1140x599, 208K)

ty

Do I do it boys? I have ram and shit at hkme

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.99M)

These b450 cost $100+ thats why I said
>you need expensive mobo
You are missing the point. Might aswell get a x470 since its better if you are paying so much

The Asrock Pro4 and MSI Bazooka have the same VRMs as the Fatal1ty and Tomahawk boards, and are below $90. When they start going on sale, you'll likely find them in the high $60's, mid $70s at te highest.