Laundry Technology

What technology does Jow Forums use to clean their clothes, sheets, etc.?

Also, what do you think about the new wave of IoT/smart washers and dryers that can connect to your desktop/mobile devices to notify you when a cycle is done, and even allow you to control it from said devices?

Attached: whirlpool-washer-dryer-pair.jpg (1600x1066, 620K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lg.com/us/washer-dryer-combos/lg-LUWM101HWA-washer-dryer-combo-lgsignature
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>smart home technology
Wasteful trash for boomers and yuppies.

If I need to wash my clothes I turn the washer on and come back when it's done. I know when it's done without a timer since I am not a retarded person and am capable of remembering past experiences with said washing machine.

>Also, what do you think about the new wave of IoT/smart washers and dryers that can connect to your desktop/mobile devices to notify you when a cycle is done, and even allow you to control it from said devices?
That it's stupid shit for stupid people.

This timeline is dystopic enough, I don't need more big brother terminals in my life.

What a timely thread as I just bought a house. Last house (with roommates) I was in had a high efficiency washer. Thing had virtually NO water in it just swishing around more-than-damp clothes. How the hell does anything get clean in that at all? Depending on how much it costs for the plumber to come do their thing I may get a new washer dryer set

Exactly. Looking at mine i can tell you the heavy wash cycle will take about 20-25 minutes. People, in general, lack common sense and critical thinking skills that reveal the most obvious bullshit in our day to day lives

Seems kind of like snake oil or unnecessary bullshit. Ive lived in 2 appartments and 3 houses in the last 5 years and they all had different washers ranging from like 5-20 years old. My clothes were just as clean in all of them and I didn't notice a huge difference in my water bill (admittedly, maybe I would if I had a family of 6 or something). I just dont think they get used enough to notice a huge difference unlike with a lowflow toilet or shower head or something.

They also make a really loud "BZZZZT" noise which can be heard through the whole house and is just as effective as some pointless desktop app. What's next? "Smart" toasters? "Smart" coffee makers? Just seems like an excuse to charge you more for the same shit

>They also make a really loud "BZZZZT" noise which can be heard through the whole house and is just as effective as some pointless desktop app.

My dryer is in the basement. The buzzer is pretty loud, but the fans I have running on the ground floor during the summer are unfortunately louder.

That washer and dryer both look sexy.

Using my smart washing machine to launder cryptocurrency.

Attached: mom.png (1028x287, 25K)

I use pretty boring stuff. I don't really want smart stuff, unless it all uses free software, in which case I can see some use to monitoring when a load is done.

I'm excited for the rise of ultrasonic washers and dryers. You can use sound to wash things, as seen in ultrasonic cleaners, but apparently you can also use it for drying things.

Possible memery aside, would it actually be possible to store digital money in a smart washing machine?

>smart devices/IoT
Literally the worst thing technological progress has ever produced. At least odorless nerve gas and atomic bombs kill you.

Attached: 1394216794635.gif (196x270, 2.2M)

Which is better, a front load washer or a top load washer?

Attached: front-load-washer-vs-top-load-washer.jpg (1000x623, 61K)

when will they make an decent washer dryer combo machine? it's a billion dollar opportunity!!

Like this?

lg.com/us/washer-dryer-combos/lg-LUWM101HWA-washer-dryer-combo-lgsignature

Attached: LUWM101HWA_Large_01.jpg (1100x730, 40K)

Nothing beats good ol' fashioned manpower.

Attached: Mahalaxmi_Dhobi_Ghat4.jpg (800x534, 86K)

yeah, but they should have made it a gas dyer

I'll never understand why people feel the need to over complicate simple things with apps and smart garbage
Just fit it yourself. You cant be that much of a retard that you cant connect a few pipes and hoses

>Smart" toasters

Attached: img_5276.jpg (730x486, 78K)