Why are pajeets so fucking obsessed with microsoft?

they genuinely LOVE the company and it's basically their fucking life dream to work there. why are they so obsessed with a corporation which doesn't give a shit about them?

Attached: ind.jpg (1440x1080, 58K)

Are you implying there are companies that give a shit?

no, i'm not.

Because they fell for capitalism.

but why microsoft in particular? how come they're never this obsessed with other companies?

> corporation which doesn't give a shit about them
You mean, like,literally every tech company in existence?

you know what i meant

but applel and googlel are full of poos too

Tech support is probably their main source of income.

Just a guess:
Most other companies probably do not rely solely on measurable skills such as how many lines of code you can produce to do predefined set of tasks, or even ability to come up with a genuine algorithm. They probably also want to see a speck of good taste, sense of pleasure from aesthetic coherence.

You can clearly see Microsoft Windows, and many other products, are not truly aesthetic and never have been. They usually are ability-centric operating systems.

Sure, Windows 10 can do a lot, years more than what any Linux distro and macOS can do.
> Handwriting recognition built-in
> Touch-input is a first-class citizen
> Inking
> Vertical/horizontal tiling of windows built-in since very early versions, although it is just horizontal tiling now

And things like that, not incredibly too much, but definitely will take other OSes years to catch up with those features, and they don't even seem to be keen on catching up with those, although they definitely are features of the future.

Yet, none of those features are there seamless enough to be referred to as "aesthetically pleasing".

I mean, sure, you can tile up windows horizontally, and adjust width of the pairs together, squishing one, enlarging the other, which has been with us for at least 3 years now. Yet, iOS for iPad came, introduced a crippled version of it (vertical split snaps only to one of 3 predefined locations, what a joke), but for some reason, people and even I seem to enjoy adjusting the split on iPad more than Windows, although Windows' one is clearly superior in features. Why?

Aesthetic pleasure. iPad's animation feels much more seamless, everything seems more fluent. The ice-glass effect on both parts of the split, ALTHOUGH obscures the contents of the parts, makes things look better, somehow.

Stupid as it is, this is the truth. And on-thread, let me come to my point in a following reply...

This is again, just a guess, but:
Pajeets are probably people with close-to-no taste of aesthetics. They are better in writing code than any one of us, sure. They can probably do math much better than us. They can spit out the Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm without even thinking about it, fine. They can get a database server up and running on AWS/Azure, and establish a connection to it in a blink of an eye, and that probably is enough for Microsoft to appreciate them.

Appreciation of Microsoft in such qualities is evident from their hiring habits. Appreciation from a higher entity, then again, has a luring effect on the subordinates. This unraveling state of events can be explained via several branches of science, from Evolution, to Psychology:

> There exists a mutualist relationship between a company and their employees, as they both get benefits. Microsoft appreciates Pajeets, hires them as employees. Pajeets who are into Microsoft will take part in this mutualism, and will benefit, and will be the fitter than the ones who don't benefit from it.
> Appreciation of someone incites appreciation from that someone. Simple social dynamics. You appreciate the person who praises your existence, for their "clearly" qualified positive judgement upon you.

And I believe rest of the companies, like Apple, evident from their (relatively more) meticulous designs, perform tests that Pajeets cannot pass beyond. They probably fail in providing a good UX, as they focus on perfect functionality, while Apple prefers the ones that provide superior UX even if the functionality is not there, yet.

Just my 132940934980 cents.

orgasmic shitpost.

I am the user who wrote that wall of 2-part text, and although it may seem that I favor Apple, actually...

>Yeah, like, I've never seen a normal person actually like Windows or Microsoft
I am a normal person and I like Windows and Microsoft both. I sincerely find them to be superior. I don't give two shits about aesthetic pleasure on devices I use for productivity and games.

Unlike Linux distros and macOS, it works out of the box, rigged with features, ready to roll. Although it doesn't look as good, many things in Windows work orders of magnitude better on Windows. Although it isn't as detailed as Linux, it allows you to work much faster than Linux.

Take search. You may or may not know the exact name of the definite thing you're looking for, right? Take a MacBook, what would you write to search for the webcam? Webcam? Camera? No way, you'll get absolutely nothing with those. You'll have to type the exact phrase "Photo Booth", and, we all should be unanimous here, it is the last couple of words you could think of for a webcam capturing software on a computer.
On Windows, "webcam" is fine for getting the Camera app. "picture" is fine for the "Photos" app. Search works all well with probably all the individual settings in the complex hierarchy of the Settings menu in Windows. Good luck to you on macOS.

For Linux, "mounting" of devices is the utter shit. A simple external drive, you must mount first to access, as if you'd plug it in for any other purpose for 99% of the time. Windows, of course not even does that by default, but even suggests you actions, which you may further make defaults.

Since both alternatives are playing the ostrich on touch/ink features, I cannot even compare macOS and Linux against Windows at that. It is the inevitable future. It introduces the convenience and features we all were looking for, for the past 10 years. Even the stupid tablet of Apple with "Pencil", cannot recognize handwriting.

Stupid is the word for all AppleOSes.

It's just not Indians, even Americans in sf have this unwavering adoration of large tech companies like google. Even when you get into these companies it doesn't stop. My coworkers genuinely believe that their employer can do no wrong

Better question,

why are you so obsessed with pajeets?

Wow, my post got deleted, lmao.

I mean, for the most part, you effectively just repeated my point--that people mostly use Windows because it "werks" (and I completely understand that, I don't fault anybody for that)--not because they actually find the underlying system itself well constructed and pleasurable to use.

Anyway, I disagree with a number of your points.

>werks OOTB
I would argue that Linux and MacOS are far more out of the box than Windows is. Well, I can't really comment on MacOS much (although I presume it's similar), but on a fresh Windows install you have to spend a fucking hour going and installing 50 different drivers and individually hunting down all of your software (and in the case of Win10, disabling shit like the built in ads, uninstalling redundant software, and running janky scripts to disable telemetry).

With Linux, pretty much everything just works right away, with some rare exceptions like some wifi cards. Of course, Linux generally doesn't have the luxury of being preinstalled on hardware that is guaranteed to support it like MacOS or Windows. With properly supported hardware, yeah, it's pretty much 100% out of the box, and hardware support gets better by the day with each passing kernel release (controllers are pretty much plug and play across the board now--meanwhile, have fun fucking around with DS controllers on Windows).

>search
This is really a DE specific thing. Some DEs are more finicky than others. I found that Budgie, for instance, had a very good contextual search. KDE, on the other hand, requires pretty specific searches akin to what you're talking about.

>mounting
What in the world are you talking about? Linux automounts drives and partitions, too. I can't remember the last time I had to manually mount a drive. Furthermore, most DEs I've used will ask what you want to do with the drive--get pictures off of it, access the files normally, etc. Perhaps you haved used Linux in a long time?

(cont.)

(sorry that my points are all out of order, trying to optimize character limit)

>Perhaps you haved used Linux in a long time?
haven't**

>workflow
This is, of course, all down to personal preference, but ultimately, Linux allows you to customize your workflow to your exact preferences, which can allow for an exceptionally fast workflow tailored to you in specific (there is actually some sense to those autistic riced desktops you see, really). With something like Windows or MacOS, your workflow is always going to be restricted to that which was designed for the lowest common denominator. Even if you don't like the idea of customizing a ton of shit, you still have a lot of different options for different workflows with different DEs. There's also the benefits of having an incredibly powerful terminal/scripting environment, which can allow for automating a ton of tedious tasks that would otherwise require hours of GUI manipulation in Windows.

>touch
I can't really speak to this at all since I've never used Linux on any sort of touch screen, but again, this is sort of a DE specific thing. I believe GNOME has a big emphasis on touchscreen support (what with trying to expand into the mobile space and all), and the UI is very well suited for touchscreen manipulation (arguably moreso than Windows). I can't say whether or not the experience itself is actually better than Windows, though.

I think a lot of issues people seem to have with Linux just come from inconsistencies across DEs and hardware--and I suppose it's a fair complaint to make against the system. On the flipside, though, it is nice to have so many options. There's also the matter of software availability, which can't really be helped given the share of the desktop space that Linux has. I do think that it offers some very powerful tools (such as fantastic virtualization) and decent alternatives to alleviate that issue.

My last experience with windows was with a gaymen laptop.

Out of the box, hitting a key would disable the trackpad for a second. I looked through the touchpad settings, turned it off, and it still did it. I had to uninstall the driver, which promptly reinstalled. I then downloaded microsoft's utility to disable automatic driver updates, which worked for a few months, until it didn't. Then I had to do some registry edits, which worked until I was done with that shit laptop.

I'm much happier with my mac. The difference really is night and day. I don't need to mess around with tons of stuff right after installation is complete, so to me it does "just work."

I provision like 3 windows 10 machines a day and I’ve never had to install a device driver manually for at least a year

ass dead dicks

>they genuinely LOVE the company and it's basically their fucking life dream to work there
Just like Americans with Tesla/Space X

Yeah, I'd have to assume that Macs are probably the best OOTB experience out there due Apple having such a hand in the hardware/software selection. Of course, that does have its downsides (for instance, not always picking or designing the best hardware), and the user experience as a whole seems like it can be way too locked down at times. If you try and go the Hackintosh route, you really end up running into the same sorts of hardware compatibility problems people always complain about with Linux, but about 1000x worse.

But hey, it all comes down to personal preference and philosophy. I haven't used MacOS at all recently, so I can't comment on it much.

I can't say I've had the same experience. It's gotten better from what I've seen, but I still keep an optical drive around for times when I install Windows and I need the fucking network drivers off of the CD or some shit. Then you've got to fuck around with graphics drivers, and the hassle of keeping your drivers up to date, which ends up being a patchwork affair that most people just don't bother fucking with.

No, I'm not obsessed.

>it'll take years for the other oses to become tablet focused.

i sure fucking hope so

It's 4d chess. Bill Gates knew to make pajeets love Windows to cuck China to death.

They can get paid for making low quality bloated proprietary software