Why isn't there a single Linux distro that aims to make Linux user friendly?

Why isn't there a single Linux distro that aims to make Linux user friendly?

Why is terminal essential for basic tasks?

Why can't a single group of people make a version of Linux that is actual useful for normies?

Why can't a Linux distro just value time and have a solid initial default that just works?

As soon as someone does this, Linux will kill Windows. There's no reason a free OS with a good kernel can't thrive, but it seems like the Linux community doesn't want it to.

Attached: 1529174065575.jpg (527x564, 26K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1518277180020.jpg (463x600, 42K)

>Why can't a single group of people make a version of Linux that is actual useful for normies?

Attached: 1528176496392.jpg (1000x4600, 1.42M)

because most of the Linux users are autistic elitists masturbating to the idea of them being so smart

How have you never heard of Android or ChromeOS

You expect a lot from a kernel, don't you?

I just don't see why manufacturers won't do it either.

They branch off of Android for phones, why not do the same for their desktops and laptops?

Android doesn't count cause it is piss poor for PC use, and it isn't easily accessible in X86 form.

ChromeOS has a similar issue. You can't just download it and install it like Windows. And if you do you still have no functionality cause it is intentionally gimped and not meant as a Windows/MacOS replacement.

The kernel is better than the one on Windows. It just needs some proper not shit software with it. When you tinker with Linux it is wonderful, but normies are NOT gonna tinker with it.

>Why isn't there a single Linux distro that aims to make Linux user friendly?
no reason to
>Why is terminal essential for basic tasks?
it's better
>Why can't a single group of people make a version of Linux that is actual useful for normies?
no reason to
>Why can't a Linux distro just value time and have a solid initial default that just works?
it's already the case

Just use windows, no one cares.

it's called macOS

Ubuntu, Mint, etc.
It isn't as long you are using the user-friendly distros. Most have all that a retard likes you need in the GUI, especially Ubuntu and it's derivatives. There is so much emphasis on using the terminal because when you become proficient in bash or whatever, you basically have the most powerful tool that you could possibly have on a system.
They have done so before, at least tried to. Normalfags are too retarded even for the most simplest distros.
>Why can't a Linux distro just value time and have a solid initial default that just works?
Ubuntu, Mint, etc.
>As soon as someone does this, Linux will kill Windows.
No, it won't. Even as someone who likes Linux, you couldn't be as naive/deluded by thinking this.
>There's no reason a free OS with a good kernel can't thrive, but it seems like the Linux community doesn't want it to.
More like normalfags are too retarded for it to. There is nothing wrong with Linux, it's new people not willing to adjust to a new system.

GAN-OO/LINUX is not windows, go back to windows; enjoy your powershell faggot.

>>Why isn't there a single Linux distro that aims to make Linux user friendly?
>no reason to

More users = More support = More compatibility

>>Why is terminal essential for basic tasks?
>it's better

This is subjective based on the user. The terminal should be an optional to the experience, not mandatory

>>Why can't a single group of people make a version of Linux that is actual useful for normies?
>no reason to

Once again, more market share will improve Linux across the board

>>Why can't a Linux distro just value time and have a solid initial default that just works?
>it's already the case

Name one distro. I have tried several.

>Just use windows, no one cares.

I use both. But Windows is turning to shit and I hate having to have a dedicated laptop to run Windows software.

>omg too many choices
No GNU/Linux newfag is going to even know about even a sixth of those distros to say that there is too many choices. Most they'd know about distros is Ubuntu, Mint, Open-Suse, Debian, Fedora, and Arch. Only two of those are recommended for beginners.

>why not do the same for their desktops and laptops?
I have no idea but I REALLY would like to see Linux getting wide adoption as desktop OS and getting different software/games from big developers

>>Why isn't there a single Linux distro that aims to make Linux user friendly?
>Ubuntu, Mint, etc.

That is factually false. Terminal is still mandatory to function with those distros. There is a severe lack of polish and general consistency.

>>Why is terminal essential for basic tasks?
>It isn't as long you are using the user-friendly distros. Most have all that a retard likes you need in the GUI, especially Ubuntu and it's derivatives. There is so much emphasis on using the terminal because when you become proficient in bash or whatever, you basically have the most powerful tool that you could possibly have on a system.

That is factually false as well. Simply installing Teamspeak requires the terminal.

>>Why can't a single group of people make a version of Linux that is actual useful for normies?
>They have done so before, at least tried to. Normalfags are too retarded even for the most simplest distros.

What are you Apple? Blaming the user?

>>Why can't a Linux distro just value time and have a solid initial default that just works?
>Ubuntu, Mint, etc.

Those distros do not provide that.

>>As soon as someone does this, Linux will kill Windows.
>No, it won't. Even as someone who likes Linux, you couldn't be as naive/deluded by thinking this.

If that wasn't the case, Macs wouldn't sell for $2000 for low end hardware.

>>There's no reason a free OS with a good kernel can't thrive, but it seems like the Linux community doesn't want it to.
>More like normalfags are too retarded for it to. There is nothing wrong with Linux, it's new people not willing to adjust to a new system.

That is flat out delusional. You are essentially saying that Linux is perfect. Guess everybody should stop development on it then.

So as You can see here are autisctic elitists masturbating to them being smart and normeis being retarded

>More users = More support = More compatibility
What for ? the ecosystem is good as it is now.
>The terminal should be an optional to the experience, not mandatory
It's impossible, even on windows.
>Once again, more market share will improve Linux across the board
Bringing uneducated people whose only quality is whining on the internet is a good thing ?
They will bring nothing but hatred we don't need them.
>Name one distro. I have tried several.
debian/ubuntu/solus

>learning is hard

Waaaaahhh. Spoon-feed the babies. Who knew that learning to do something made it easier?

Attached: 1450291564171.png (354x316, 139K)

>>More users = More support = More compatibility
>What for ? the ecosystem is good as it is now.

No Microsoft office, no games, no standard video editors, no standard DAWs.

>>The terminal should be an optional to the experience, not mandatory
>It's impossible, even on windows.

I doubt even 5% of the Windows population has even opened the command prompt.

>>Once again, more market share will improve Linux across the board
>Bringing uneducated people whose only quality is whining on the internet is a good thing ?

If it brings third party support? Yes.

>They will bring nothing but hatred we don't need them.
>>Name one distro. I have tried several.
>debian/ubuntu/solus

Those do not do what I am mentioning. Even Ubuntu takes about 2 hours of work to get it in a usable state.

You can get by in KDE Neon and Ubuntu Mate just fine without using the terminal. If not then you should probably learn to tie your shoes first.

Attached: 1465518742845.jpg (250x277, 11K)

Why aren't you typing in ASCI? Don't know how or too lazy? Are you being spoon-fed by your OS cause you don't want to repeat a tedius task that can easily be implemented? Shit by your logic just dump an OS all together, cause everybody should just dedicate hours just to use a computer.

>You can get by in KDE Neon and Ubuntu Mate just fine without using the terminal. If not then you should probably learn to tie your shoes first.
There are several instances off the top of my head that will require a terminal.

fpbp

>No Microsoft office
Good riddance
>no games
You have no idea what you're talking about
>no standard video editors
Kdenlive? Openshot?
>no standard DAW's
Audour, Audacity, FL Studio

Normally people talk about subjects they know things about. Not following this practice just makes you look retarded.

>The terminal should be an optional to the experience, not mandatory

I think that terminal usage should be a requirement. Why should anyone value your opinion over mine or vice versa? Why should everything have to cater to computer illiterates? Go buy an ipad if you want everything to be in a dumbdumb friendly GUI.

>>No Microsoft office
>Good riddance

You just lost all support from academia

>>no games
>You have no idea what you're talking about

The games that do get ports run like shit. And they are games that are several years old.

>>no standard video editors
>Kdenlive? Openshot?

Fucking what and fucking what? Where's Vegas or premiere? You know actual video editors that people use.

>>no standard DAW's
>Audour, Audacity, FL Studio

LMFAO AUDACITY AND AUDOUR!? I said standard DAWs, not toys to make chiptunes on. And FL studio does not work under Wine or Linux at all.

>Normally people talk about subjects they know things about. Not following this practice just makes you look retarded.

The irony.

>There are several instances off the top of my head that will require a terminal.
How convenient of you to completely fail to mention them.

You have hundreds of distros to use that support your work style. Why should normies not have an option?

Linux isn't a secret club. Nothing will hurt your distro if it becomes more popular. All you will have is more support and compatibility.

Removing mouse acceleration completely

Running a .sh file

Disabling the annoying ass keyring popup

Installing dedicated GPU drivers

The list goes on.

What does it matter if normies use linux? I'm asking seriously, what does it matter? Why should I care if someone else doesn't choose to use a particular OS? As long as the tools are there for me to use (And linux isn't going anywhere anytime soon), I'm fine with linux remaining having a small marketshare.

Terminal isn't required, it's just often the most straightforward and compatible way. "run this" is far easier than "click this then this then that and hope the gui hasn't changed since"

There's elemetary os, ubuntu,min.. On a second thought, just fuck off mate

This. If Linux were user friendly for normal people it could are replace the microshill meme!

Thats why Linux domains servers and supercomputing market. It, doesnt dominate desktop because of antitrust from micro-shit.

>it just works
GTFO normie

>normie
Get the fuck out, redditor.

Because Linux people are in total denial, like GNOME people.

The reason for this is because there are several.
Like what?
These already exist and they are the most popular distros as well.
It can and who are you anyway? Why is it important to cater you?

I answered most of your questions already, but it isn't to cater to me really. I would prefer some support behind it though is why I made the post.

The terminal is normal. You grew up using a children's toy. I'm exaggerating, but not by much.

I T S C A L L E D L I N U X M I N T

>Name one distro. I have tried several.

Ubuntu, elementary OS and linux mint.

Attached: 1527182983241.png (720x688, 908K)

linux will never be usable for normies because:
1. linux will never support the newest hardware
2. ???
3. profit

Quit preaching GNU shit in every thread. Nobody fucking cares.

I imagine you don't contribute to the GNU project at all. Loyal only to the kernel that needs GNU.

Attached: 1456252005610.jpg (690x460, 62K)

Because noone's really interested in one.
Because the terminal is the basic user interface, so nothing strange about using it for basic tasks.
Because noone cares about that.
They literally do.

Retard.

Attached: wow.png (985x589, 78K)

Academics are the most likely not to care about Office.

Turning the acceleration off on the GUI doesn't completely eliminate it.

Just cause you have the button, it doesn't mean it will execute properly. Try running Teamspeak with that method.

You don't get hardware acceleration if you don't have the drivers installed. You are basically running Generic drivers which are garbage.

>You just lost all support from academia
What is LaTeX

>Turning the acceleration off on the GUI doesn't completely eliminate it.
Yes it does.
>Just cause you have the button, it doesn't mean it will execute properly. Try running Teamspeak with that method.
It executes the fucking shell script. There's nothing to fuck up.
>You don't get hardware acceleration if you don't have the drivers installed. You are basically running Generic drivers which are garbage.
You're being intentionally obtuse. I have an AyyMD card, which doesn't even have packaged proprietary drivers for Ubuntu. If I had an nVidia card, it would show the proprietary drivers and let me install them.
You sound like an assmad child who couldn't figure out how to use kali like the l337 hax0rz on Mr. Robot. I'm done with your shitty bait.

Attached: bait-hulud.png (600x600, 17K)

faggots like are why, OP.

none of the things you said are entirely true but normies usually get confused because of the paradox of choice. that being said, if you want to try linux: macOS -> elementaryOS, any windows -> kubuntu

why would you want that?

Attached: 1531328715697.jpg (750x656, 85K)

>why would you want that?
To make Linux widespread as desktop os so there will be shitloads of app and games

But as I said earlier: