Apple made a trillion dollars off of cables and obscure menus

Apple made a trillion dollars off of cables and obscure menus.

techcrunch.com/2018/08/04/the-greedy-ways-apple-got-to-1-trillion/

Attached: Screenshot 2018-08-04 at 5.05.46 PM.png (1361x571, 532K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pPSSYHuhuII
fee.org/articles/this-is-the-real-reason-your-iphone-cables-break/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>make shit products that fall apart from normal use
>lock users in with proprietary bullshit to force repurchases
>icucks bend over and beg for more
topkek

Applel haters advertise them for free instead of just shutting the fuck up.
Hating Apple legitimizes them, if people stopped talking about them, Apple's perception will be turned into the tech equivalent of Scientology.

Oh wait, a lot of haters are probably paid shills as well.

Steve Jobs would be very proud.

>pointing out flaws in Apple products is the same as shilling Apple
>stop it goys!

>Author typed this article on a cracked-screen 2013 MacBook Pro

Pure fucking gold.

Well hating Apple didn't stop it from turning $1 trillion.

Probably would have been $2 trillion otherwise.

>free advertisement
>on Jow Forums

Why do you care how much trillions they got? You are getting a shitty product because of your passive approach to problems.

You'd be surprised how cost effective it is to advertise on here. Pay an Indian $3 a day to reach 300k regular lurkers.

tell me more

>Tech crunch

Nice blog Microfag. You can suck it now.

Gotta love it when a blog has better reporting than "actual" news outlets.

I wish people treated their stuff better. No charger can handle the kind of bends and kinks people force on their cables.They always fray like that, and they always end up blaming someone else than realizing that they've mishandled their product.

Had people with ports packed full of gunk and dust unable to take the blame. Apparently cleaning their shit is covered by warranty.

no.
if you want advertisement, go on social media.
pepole are transparent there, you know what they like and enjoy so it's easier for you yo find pepole that might fall for the shilling.
what the fuck do you want to advertise here on Jow Forums?
>uh hello Anonymous, i am Anonymous and my friend Anonymous suggested me this Anonymous product
like, how can you even bee sure that this site even exists in the first place?

This site is three people. You, me and the weird dude that posts all the anime shit.

>unironically using 'you're using it wrong' as an excuse
ifags everyone

This is probably true because I've been using computers since 1993 and I've never once had a cable break in any way, nor any other hardware for that matter.

itoddlers have defended this

It's pretty well known that Apple pays monkeys like yourself to spam infantile tantrums all over the internet in order to delegitimize actual criticism and make people think everyone who dislikes Apple is just a contrarian, childish gamer faggot or some other kind of retard.

Shut the fuck up and stop spamming Jow Forums with Apple threads, shill.

Ofc it won't break if you don't move the cables, but lots of people use macbooks outside of their home.

>Chinese products break
>Lol, chinkshit!

>Apple products break
>Treat your stuff better!

Nah, even if you use your BATTERY operated LAPTOP computer outside (see I'm special too) it's really not hard to take care of your shit, you should try it some time instead of blaming the manufacturer for your inability to properly handle a flexible cable without fraying it.

Not even the guy you replied to.

I'd say the same to you if you were constantly breaking chink shit too. But yes, there's a difference between bottom of the barrel quality and lazily shoving a wadded up mass of cables into a cluttered bag/pocket and then wondering why the load-bearing components start breaking after a while.

>t. mactoddler

youtube.com/watch?v=pPSSYHuhuII

How on earth do the Apple drones defend the complete lack of any strain relief on Apple's various cables?

I can't imagine any good excuse, hell I can't even imagine any bad but barely passable excuses. It's literally indefensible.

Cuckolding is a fetish.

Attached: 1522983434632.jpg (768x768, 128K)

Wow, I almost forgot that my dream is real now.

Can afford those cables with my AAPL money.

Attached: n_prKL82spAKKKXhThTPYE_iSfR2Jtsn5Ivqe-bXTds.jpg (432x768, 120K)

>get a new battery for like $30
>throttling goes away entirely for another two or three years or so

You can disable throttling if you want it that way.
> idiot who doesn't know he can replace the battery for just $29 at Apple, and no other OEM does prices so low.

i'm not posting the weird weeb shit, it's gotta be one of you two

You know, Apple should design their own monolithic IC with a small embedded battery, like the old real time clock chips, and boost converter that can output 100-200V.

The chip will be designed to constantly check and see that the main battery in the phone/laptop is connected. If the battery is disconnected (ie. somebody attempts to remove and replace it) the nuke chip will immediately put the 100-200V on the 5V line and kill literally every IC on the board rendering the phone a brick and it'll also voids your warranty.

Now nobody can ever service an iphone battery again without destroying the phone! It's like the USB killer but for iphones!

I'm a genius, give me money Apple.

Attached: RTC_DS12887_replacement_w_original_angle_Martin1.jpg (1200x577, 173K)

>being so bitter in your life that you can't just be happy for someone else

He wouldn't. He wasn't a bean counter like Cook, he was a risk calculator.

Cook just takes all the risks and doesn't give a shit on the long run if it means their stocks go up a couple of dimes.

>How on earth do the Apple drones defend the complete lack of any strain relief on Apple's various cables?
1) it looks good
2) what's strain relief?

Are you installing that battery yourself or going to the Apple Store?
Because if you take it to the Apple Store you'll probably find they require the device to have other repairs as well as replacing the battery to bring the cost back up.

People would figure that out pretty quick and deal with it.
It could also further damage trust in Apple.

I never had any of my stuff break either but I'm not a retarded neet and I don't buy apple products. Your anecdote is retarded.

No other brand has a problem with flexion damage in chargers. Go fuck yourself you corporate shill.

I don't mind a company being shitty

What's retarded is people buying these products

What are some brands Jow Forums would recommend that are top quality at every price level? I can only think of Samsung and Sony and even they are 'meh' nowadays

>Because if you take it to the Apple Store you'll probably find they require the device to have other repairs as well as replacing the battery to bring the cost back up.
Nope, if anything additional is wrong, they'll tell you but you have the option of saying 'no, just the battery please.'
Then you pay $30 and leave with a phone that works like brand new. That's it.

>Jow Forums, tell me what to buy.

>discussing technology on a technology board

You got me there, it's me

Apple's consumer's are mostly brain dead. They'll eat shit if you know how to sell it to them. Just convince them the self-destruct chip is is for their benefit somehow, they will defend it rabidly.

Apple

alright i'll bite

why should people refrain from criticizing apple? they're not above criticism, not by a long shot

>but you have the option of saying 'no, just the battery please.'
Lol, no. Not if they determine the repair is required for the battery replacement.

>puts weight on one side of the bar
>walks to the other side to put additional weight on, balancing out the bar
Makes sense, he wants to keep the bar balanced.
>walks back to the other side to put the next weight on
If the bar was already balanced, couldn't he just put the next weight on on the same side? The result would be the same.

>If the bar was already balanced, couldn't he just put the next weight on on the same side
He actually does just that later in the video. I think he was just being pedantic.

Blame Greenpeace for the shitty Apple cables.

fee.org/articles/this-is-the-real-reason-your-iphone-cables-break/

Attached: image.jpg (750x851, 309K)

Yes goy, stop telling people that apple product are not as good as they seem

Typically they wouldn't charge you extra for that, then. But that's pretty rare, anyway.

I've always hated virtue signaling leftists even before sjw's were a thing because they swindle people to understand if they were the ones making rules, then for example "greedy Apple" were not "problem". Thing is at some level Apple produces such value that people are willing to pay fuckhueg profit margins. Same with Microsoft, the previous target of leftist libshit prog hate. Leftists never, never ever, not once, are willing to actually produce more value to out-compete corporations they claim are immoral and greedy. Should be easy, just produce more value with less profit margin (=be more industrious and less greedy). They don't. They never do. All they do is yap on sidelines.

Gradually I began to hate them.

>made it 3 words in before resorting to Jow Forums buzzwords
jesus

>the leftists did this
>I just know it

It's not their total fucking revenue or their profit it's the stock price times the amount of stocks outstanding and their equity and assets. How fucking stupid are people to think this is their total revenue. As far for its stock, it's a solid one with an actually good p/e ratio for the industry it's in despite having great profits almost all the time.

Attached: FB_IMG_1533410930458.jpg (716x714, 34K)

The more I look at Apple, the more it looks like a social experiment
>let's focus our products on being social symbols instead of pieces of tech and see how many people fall for it
Ita was an huge success, apparently.

Criticize the people who continue to buy the shit they produce. Why should they improve their QA if people are perfectly fine with it? The last years were a disaster for apple in terms of security flaws, design issues and hardware problems and yet their stocks continued to go up.

Try to explain your shareholders in this situation that you are going to earn less money in the next year because you are focusing more on QA. They'll won't understand because the trends clearly show that the quality of their QA has no effect on their profit whatsoever.

Criticizing apple is a waste of time as they have no reason to improve on any of the stuff they fuck up.

>I’m typing this article on a cracked-screen 2013 MacBook Pro because I refuse to upgrade until they make the keyboard design more resilient.

lol why not just stop buying apple?

I went through 3 lightning shit cables because the contacts are GARBAGE that short out and corrode and the cable sleeve degrades because it's made out of some environmentally friendly crap. I don't even take these cables anywhere, they just sit on my desk. My 30 pin connector which is well over a decade old still works perfectly and is entirely undamaged.

Some Apple products are good. Some were good for their time.

Sucks to be you, I still have the very first lightning cable I got with the iPhone 5 which still works perfectly. Yeah the crappy plastic has frayed away but who cares.

The 2018 keyboard is unironically fine.

But don't worry, user will wait until the new MBP design to find out that they're still using the same keyboard.

I can replace my samsung battery for $10. And it's removable, don't have to take the phone apart to do it.

Why would anyone pay a barely literate pooinloo to get insulted and argumentatively destroyed for 8 hours a day?

where do you think monster drink meme came from?

Pay an Indian $3 a day to reach 300k regular lurkers.

>monster energy drink meme
I don't even know that's a thing

Is that a /v/ meme

dude, have you not seen the 50 million 30 yo boomer holding monster drink meme??

There are none, that's the joke.
Every brand is the same outsourced cheap chinese shit with a shelf life of two years and some default operating system with a bit of bloatware installed for (((branding))).
That's reason why people buy apple in the first place, it's the only brand they feel they can buy without doing any research and have some confidence they'll get a decent quality product.
At least that's the perception, it's not really true anymore, which is why there's such an uproar when their products aren't top notch.
Of course other brands manage to be much worse, but people don't care because they kind of except it.

I must be one of those rare people with the ability to ignore dumb kiddie meme shit

I wish more IT brands took pride in the shit they sell desu.

There's no way of tiptoeing around the fact that Apple got to $1T because its customers are retarded.

>What are some brands Jow Forums would recommend that are top quality at every price level
Quality doesn't exist.