MASSIVE discord data breach

A massive list of discord servers and the user ids of all people within those discord servers were gathered by data scraping bots and posted to the public, why the fuck is no one talking about this? Discord hasn't released a public statement addressing it and is pretending nothing happened, and any mentions of the breach are being nuked off of reddit. Where the fuck is the backlash?

Link containing the database:
hxxps://share.dmca.gripe/HLmoN0ZA2gpfrs0p.rar

Attached: fc0b01fe10a0b8c602fb0106d8189d9b[1].png (800x272, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

virustotal.com/#/file/67a976d3fcd718ba20a5fe0a9b1813162cd638aa688357a9805441ad980e8cff/detection
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/67018831/#67018831
rbt.asia/g/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the hell is discord?

>A massive list of discord servers and the user ids of all people within those discord servers
Sounds like fucking nothing to me.

Oh know... They will know I'm in a discord channel with my friends and one for a game I played.

What ever will I do, omg. I feel so violated. Some random hacker will now get to see my comments about how horrible games were. I'm literally shaking right now.

>user ids
Oh god I'm about to get doxed right fucking now!!!! In all reality this is fucking nothing.

>hxxps://share.dmca.gripe/HLmoN0ZA2gpfrs0p.rar

Attached: file.png (225x225, 95K)

>A massive list of discord servers and the user ids of all people within those discord servers were gathered by data scraping bots and posted to the public
So basically they used bots to scrape publicly available information and then posted it to the public?

Also

>data breach
>data scraping bots
See This isn't a data breach. It's retards leaving discord links all over the internet and a bot joining, pulling data, and leaving. Has nothing to do with an actual data breach.

I have no idea what discord is or does, sorry

It's clean.

virustotal.com/#/file/67a976d3fcd718ba20a5fe0a9b1813162cd638aa688357a9805441ad980e8cff/detection

This.

Go to sleep. There is nothing to see here. Don't you feel sleepy? Just ignore this. So sleepy.

i guess it could be interesting to look up someone's id and see what other channels they're in, but who honestly cares?

>list of gaymur tags from a chat app is exposed
>names of chat rooms those gaymur tags have joined is also leaked

holy shit, they're finished, their gaymur tags have been made public, everyone can doxx their house and credit cards now

It's a chat client that spies on its useds.

>soicord getting btfo by new steam
>soicorders getting btfo by data breach
is this the time where /v/irgins leave Jow Forums and get back into their own containment board?

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/67018831/#67018831

HOLY SHIT MASSIVE Jow Forums DATA BREACH, WHY HAVEN'T HIRO ADDRESSED THIS?

go back to wherever the fuck you came from

Attached: 1532498107776.jpg (719x982, 184K)

*yawn* yeah man I am getting tired
anyone else? hah, this picture makes me want to yawn even more, so sleepy right now

Attached: 1516110757788.jpg (849x565, 310K)

>Where the fuck is the backlash?
Because nobody cares when the data is anonymous, retard.

Who gives a fuck if someone knows my discord id? If you put your personal info on the web you have only yourself to blame.

reddit users probably use the same id on discord as they use on reddit, meaning people now know all the shady discord channels they are involved with.

You're a fucking retard making a lot of assumptions.

It's true though. Lots of people use the same name everywhere. And there are lots of shady Discords that people use because nobody can see they're in there unless they're also in.

Most of which are true.
What CP discords were you in?

Can someone make it readable

It's just a json file and a text file

Man up and use grep.

It's a rar file numbnuts hard to check without opening

This is awesome, I can just find a bunch of servers where people are in

Is the server hosting it going to serve actual rar, and not harvest my IP though?

Dunno I don't click anything here and never will

Attached: 1519529641326.jpg (1200x1195, 141K)

This is like complaining that profile names are publicly visible on Facebook and expecting them to do something about it. This is literally nothing, and OP is a massive cocksucking faggot.

Alternatives to discord ???

Yeah it's just a list of servers and usernames.
Unless someone is actually stupid enough to link all their social media accounts to dickcord. Then there might be a problem.

Attached: 1530938551245.jpg (1109x1479, 244K)

yeah a MASSIVE SHILL its OP

Get used to it OP, the people on Jow Forums are of the "nothing to hide" variety

Stop defending this shit. This is no data breach, it was all public data harvested in a perfectly valid scraping manner. People are just upset because people can now see what dirty discords they have been in by searching known publicly usernames.

If you wanted to hide then you should have used a unique username on discord. If you didn't you have no one to blame but yourself.

>hurr i invited a guy to a group chat and he posted the logs why is no one talking about this data breach

Attached: 1462590805460.png (1190x906, 251K)

Good job copypasting directly from twitter, you fucking geek.

What exactly am i "Defending" here?

That's not really a data breach. That's public information. If anyone can join a server, anyone can collect information on who's in that server. Maybe if you didn't want people to collect that kind of information, you shouldn't be handing out invites like candy.

Most people here are NOT of the "nothing to hide" types. But strictly speaking, you can't hide anything that is DONE IN PUBLIC. It would be like if you walked into the middle of the street and started pissing everywhere, and someone pulls out their phone and records it. You wouldn't say, "would you mind not filming me? I'd like some privacy", because if you wanted privacy, you'd use a fucking toilet.

>What exactly am i "Defending" here?
Stupidity.

:thinking:

Can you stop playing holier than thou and actually look at the fucking data because all i'm seeing is a bunch of idiots pretending to be highschool PSA's

there is some proper shilling going on here and this is actually causing concern.

>Where the fuck is the backlash?
Nobody uses that crap. And the few who do are so beta they don't have any data worth a damn.

No. We are not shilling anything.
We are just responding reasonably. This is no different from, say, scrapping reddit to see where all the users are posting.

They should probably have rate-limited that, but whoever ran those bots is in deep legal shit: this is exactly the kind of scraping that is a direct CFAA violation.

That being said, I don't consider it a threat to me. I know which ones I'm in and I don't consider any of them an issue.

Meanwhile it'll be really interesting to use this data to find and fuck up the alt-righters who haven't left Discord yet.

While this isn't exploit of any kind, and scrictly speaking not a data breach, it could cause issues.

Discord is designed so that you can't see what servers someone is in other than those you are in yourself. This could be a issue for some people. Such as if someone in a gaming server is in a "loli tentacle scat" server. You'd know where to find that server and be willing to join it yourself to see them in there yourself, now it's very easy.

>This is no different from, say, scrapping reddit to see where all the users are posting.
No, you can see that on their user profile...

>Json file

lmao the fuck's a nigga sposed to do with this this isn't fortnite

I'm not shilling anything. What information is being collected here that I could not collect by SITTING ON A GODDAMN IRC CHANNEL?

>doesn't browse in a VM behind a VPN with uMatrix in default block all mode
I click absolutely everything no matter how fishy. Feels free man.

You can find people's ID in the GUI by enabling admin mode. No API or bot required. This is fucking nothing.

Skype all over again, but you retards will never learn. Keep using shitty programs then feigning outrage when bad things happen.

>program that literally leaked your IP to everyone
>comparable to this
hmm yeah sure upvoted user

Like I installed Skype, and it literally fucked up my PC because I wasnt running original windows.

So even that sucks.

>list of discord servers and the user ids
So it's literally nothing? Don't get me wrong, discord is absolute trash and a meme but this isn't an issue.

>using a program where your data isn't secure isn't comparable to using a program where your data isn't secure
simply epic. keep trying to justify your poor decision making.

How is your data not secure on Discord™? Scraping is not a breach of security, if you don't link to a server anywhere and don't run untrusted bots then it is highly unlikely your data would be scraped. My name does not appear in the list and neither does anyones I know.

Is everyone here too much of a brainlet to use alt accounts for NSFW servers nowadays?

I hardly have any idea what Discord is (apart from chat rooms shilled by attention whores on ), but that doesn't sound like sensible information. Nonetheless, what most people ITT are missing imo is that this is a data leak one way or the other, and this should always matter, regardless of the "importance" of leaked information.

It's not a leak, it's information that was scraped from public servers, anyone can do this by just joining a bunch of servers.

discord is shit anyway

>what most people ITT are missing imo is that this is a data leak one way or the other
No, it isn't.
Publicly available data is is not a leak. The way it was gathered may not have been anticipated but it's hardly different from scraping any other service or website.

>posted to the public
Discord 100% public.

>muh precious data bs?
give it the false data then.

"oh noo I use discord and I got datamined"
just don't use literal gamerbait shitware funded by VCs that profit off datamining in the first place
fuck off back to

Attached: 1530838774549.jpg (333x442, 39K)

oh good all the goyim in this thread say it's ok i guess discord is good and safe to use :)))) ;) :^)
lemme post some memes xDDDDDDDD :lol:

It's not a breach. All that info is already public.

Dumb fuck.

is just electric ones and zeros

grampa go back sipping your mosnter ultrazero

>basedcord hypesquad on full damage control

>data scraping bots
Literally every fucking website has webcrawlers so by your logic every single public website has a data breach.

oh no someone knows what game i play call the fucking cops

>nobody uses that crap
imagine being this delusional

Who the fuck cares? Data breach is a buzzword that is supposed to sound scary but doesn't mean really anything

IRC has always been there and will outlive this thing

you're retarded

>Scrapes all of the account info
>Doesn't scrape the chat

Attached: 1530910616249.jpg (1024x562, 83K)

>Giving a shit about anything related to Discord

Attached: 1515616087272.jpg (716x716, 110K)

The insecure proprietary software meme will never cease to amuse me.

yeah what the fuck I had to go and join the servers to stalk people

If you did that then you deserve to get gassed anyways.

Attached: 1532281944074.jpg (453x453, 28K)

I think it didn't want to be too obvious so it only sat around in the servers for a short time.

kek

Discord, just business as usual - nothing to see here
/tmp/tmp.9a4dxuGjFl  cat memberlist.json | tr '[' '\n' | tr ']' '\n' | grep -i scraped_at | wc -l
/tmp/tmp.9a4dxuGjFl  cat memberlist.json | tr '[' '\n' | tr ']' '\n' | grep -i furry | wc -l
/tmp/tmp.9a4dxuGjFl  cat memberlist.json | tr '[' '\n' | tr ']' '\n' | grep -i child | wc -l
/tmp/tmp.9a4dxuGjFl  cat memberlist.json | tr '[' '\n' | tr ']' '\n' | grep -i loli | wc -l
/tmp/tmp.9a4dxuGjFl  cat memberlist.json | tr '[' '\n' | tr ']' '\n' | grep -i lgbt | wc -l
/tmp/tmp.9a4dxuGjFl  cat memberlist.json | tr '[' '\n' | tr ']' '\n' | grep -i fetish | wc -l
/tmp/tmp.9a4dxuGjFl 

How to cause a discord """database breach"""

>Implying I'm defending this 'breach' narrative

>being this new

MASSIVE Jow Forums data breach
A massive list of Jow Forums posts were gathered by data scraping bots and posted to the public, why the fuck is no one talking about this? Hiro hasn't released a public statement addressing it and is pretending nothing happened, and any mentions of the breach are being nuked off of Jow Forums. Where the fuck is the backlash?

Link containing the database:
rbt.asia/g/

Attached: 4chan.png (300x120, 8K)

Shit, that Anonymous guy posts a lot.

none of those invite codes work
someone got idea why?

>average user reaction
>"lol who cares *dabs*"

How the fuck do I read these files?

shit now anyone can read my Jow Forums posts

MASSIVE clickbait thread.

The data that was supposedly leaked is really nothing. It's fucking member lists.

So public information was gathered and made public? How frightening

>join discord
>collect lists of users in channels
>post online as a data breach
OMG EXCCSDEEE EPIC HAX, DATA BREACH, DISCORD BTFO

That's what this thread looks like , stop being degenerate in public chat rooms if
You didn't want anyone to know you are a degenerate.

What shady Discords?

I see a serverlist.txt thats a long list of numbers, and a json file that appears to be invite codes, numbers, and usernames?

>someone scraping data publicly available to everyone == leak
wow big retard

garbage bloated webapp corpus