Unity straight botnet

Unity straight botnet

>leave it idle
>gets email they noticed you are idling

youtube.com/watch?v=YRD7MC3jKnM

Attached: Unity-Logo-820x461.png (820x461, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/105912/can-you-change-code-distributed-under-the-mit-license-and-re-distribute-it-unde
opensource.org/osd-annotated
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>we want you to succeed using unity

Attached: uncle-sam2.png (750x900, 497K)

use godot. it's open soros and also has c# support.

Well sometimes you need someone to push you.

who cares that it is open source. more importantly it is MIT License.

open source implies that you wouldn't have to worry about problem op described.

Are you retarded?

again, another thread about unity?
just how damn butthurt are you?

This has to be some anti-Unity shill.

Stop using engines.

Attached: upload_wikimedia_org_2018-08-05_09-18-16.jpg (220x220, 10K)

>1:20
>oh it was a mistake
closed video after that

So how fully featured is godot?

From what I remember, I would be better off just using pure C++ and OpenGL.

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

why is john the ONLY person in the world who can make a good game engine

it's easier to use if you are a beginner (like me) because docs are pretty great, it uses gdscript by default (python like lang) but also supports c++ for time-critical parts, c# and some other scripting language i forgot the name of. basically, it comes with all the stuff you need to start developing a game out of the box. pure c++ and opengl is too much work for a lazy faggot like me though if you're familliar with them you should probably stick to them.

Attached: f77ccda039675d4ce171a50716dbd4231f2ef342228a5029796c3fbd4fef3d01.jpg (480x451, 41K)

big deal, use a fake email, use it on an air gapped computer, or figure out how to patch the editor to turn analytics off and remove telemetry from builds

if you're a proper developer, you'll be able to do these things

I will once godot reaches feature parity with unity

who still uses the quake iv engine with megatextures? nobody thats who
and the Q3 and doom3 engines were overrated

UE4 is open source too.

Open source just means you know it would happen not that it wouldn't happen.

Godot is libre and gratis. UE4 has a 5% fee for anything profitable.

You deserve it if you keep using closed source engines that consume 10gb of ram for a simple pong game that will require 4 core cpu. If you are not willing to/not able to program your game, just don't do it. Get a dedicated team of 4-5 people, 2 of them programmers, rest artists, and do a REAL job. You don't need to use a huge ass engine to make your shitty 8bit zombie indie rpgs. If you are doing something bigger, BE dedicated and form a proper team that has some talent in it. Engines are cancer and inflating the game industry.

it also means you could remove stuff you don't want from source and compile yourself.

Nope it doesn't.
Just because something is open source doesn't mean the license allows you to modify it.

UE can be modified

Yes. But not all open source projects can be.

in the case of godot you can cuz it's under mit softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/105912/can-you-change-code-distributed-under-the-mit-license-and-re-distribute-it-unde

game development != gaming you bitter prick

>gay != gay

>i don't like this certain technology you're discussing thus you can't discuss it

Attached: 1521374376498.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>i don't like that gaymes are discussed on a technology board if a gaymen board exists
yes, this is correct.

games are not discussed in this thread at least

>gaym-dev is not gaym-related

Computers are also gaym related, should we stop talking about those too?

yes. This board is for Thinkpads and Goo+Linus (Goo as is Goodom not in Goobeer)

This is Jow Forums, not Reddit. If this guy is getting triggered by game engine talk and he/it is letting us know, steer into it.

What’s a better choice to develop a Fort nite clone, unreal engine or unity?

Good, this cancer needs to die.

xenko > godot

This is what I tried to explain to fools yesterday in that other thread about unity vs. UE. When one retard didn't get after 5 very specific posts that Unity is bloat and using it for small projects dedicated for one specific platform is brainletism, and not only that, he kept defending Unity, then I knew somebody who uses unity must have brain damage and I knew nothing of value was lost. Those people deserve it, they should be spied on and unity dev support should bother them with emails and hold their hands because it's miracle people using unity eng*ne can even wake up and take a shit without medical assistance.

Attached: 1526792267772.jpg (211x239, 6K)

What common license doesnt allow that?

>Gets email noticed you are idling
>Turns out it was a mistake
>Disregards that because its not as interesting

If you think Unity's a botnet at least have some valid reasons

That's because every faggot is encouraged to make games, so they think they are professional game developers or something. And when one bug pops up inside the engine, their hands are tied, heck they can't even fix their own game bugs. Brainlets shouldn't be able to develop and publish a game. Steam is infested with those shits. Heck even consoles allow their stores to be infested with unity UE shit.

Unreal is better on all fronts, why would anyone use Unity?

You can game on Thinkpads and Linux
We talk about nothing here

>And when one bug pops up inside the engine, their hands are tied,
That's why I genuinely don't like the idea of third-party engines because in most cases you are literally in mercy of their shitty forums support and if you are very lucky, the solution exists, if not, you better wait if they fix it in next version. Not even speaking about that you can't get enough "under the hood" with some engines, so some kind of better optimization of performance is impossible.

>inb4 I don't need to optimize my retro tetris steam game, it only requires 1gb of ram and 2 core processors
yep.

You can get what should be a very light game to slow to a crawl in whatever engine you choose if you don't know what you're doing.

Its not a problem with Unity, its a "problem" with accessability. You can just as easily boot up UE4, dump some premade assets in with some rigged together code and have a max 15fps game as you can in Unity, but the latter is marketed better for bad developers.

A "retro tetris game" doesn't require something as complex as Unity or UE4, so there's no reason to be using it in the first place. You're using the wrong tool straight off the bat and then complaining the results are shoddy

opensource.org/osd-annotated