How does Jow Forums feel about this build should i go cheaper, air cooled...

how does Jow Forums feel about this build should i go cheaper, air cooled, i like it but this is going to be my first build (for myself) i have some experience building pcs

pcpartpicker.com/list/dPKmFt

Attached: 1532324016251.jpg (781x808, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/nycflo718/saved/vTRbjX
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G6PV3346
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475004
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY71R2391
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-000P-005F9
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608044
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181107
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181111
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You don't think that monitor is just too big?

Go to pcbg

with my setup i sit kinda far away from my screen, i have a 32" asus now and i dont think that, also the extra real estate helps with homework

Why get an 8700K now? the 9000 SKUs are about to drop. That better be a B-die mem kit. Do you really not have HDDs lying around?

>RGB fans
We don't like your kind around here.
>$1000 monitor, still 8bit, 4 ms GTG
It's shit

Looks good all around. For that much I would get a threadripper based system and spend less on the othef stuff.

ive done research on the new cpus coming out but cant find a lot of information, that said i feel this is just a safe bet, i dont care for rgb at all actually thats just there for price reference, what would you recommend for a monitor, i like the curved monitors, my more experienced friend was telling me to get a gsync, i play a lot of competitive games (fuck fortnite)

>950$ gayming screen
>NZXT Kraken
>RGB Fans
>RGB Ram

I hope this is a troll post.

i said i dont care for rgb but this is a way of rounding up to get a price

OP here, this is the updated build with your recommendations, for now....i dont know what to do with the fans though this just seems easy

whoops forgot the link

pcpartpicker.com/user/nycflo718/saved/vTRbjX

In general I recommend people hold of on buying monitors until HDR10+ is available with dynamic brightness later this year. If you're screen is that far away then a curve is only reducing your viewing angle. Rather than paying an extra $500 on 2 more inches of real estate, just buy a $20 VESA mount so you can get the screen closer to your face. What kind of competitive? FPS? RTS? What's the highest refresh rate you're familiar with? Outside of competitive FPS, you're not going to appreciate anything higher than 100 Hz. I think you want a response time below 3 ms GtG for anything competitive.

Here's just some display I picked out just now.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G6PV3346
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475004
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY71R2391
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-000P-005F9

im currently using an asus 32" 60 fps, it wouldnt be a problem to wait on a monitor, i just dont know enough on the subject so i asked my friend he says i should definitely get a curved 1440 monitor

Oh and with a high end gpu like the 1080Ti, I don't think you're going to get enough frame drops or stutter for Adaptive Vsync to make any difference.

Round up something different to a lower, fair price.

I'm partial to Noctuas personally though Corsair's Maglev fans are also very good I hear.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608044
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181107
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181111

why are you spending so much money you dingus

come on man, i can get this shit down to like $800

im not that experienced (ive mostly just helped other people build theres)

im wondering if i should wait on the next line of gpus and get a cheap 1070/1080

its mostly just the monitor and gpu that im not sure about, the monitor i like curved 1440, but ill take any recommendations im really big into the competitive shooters and rpgs

also i sit like 2 feet away from my monitor