Are standing desks a meme

Are standing desks a meme

Attached: download.png (1280x720, 867K)

No I love to work standing up but where the fuck do you get one

cut your legs off

Enjoy your varicose veins.

No, they are actually great for work.

My workplace has height adjustable desks, can alternate between standing and sitting. I really liked it.
Too bad not all desks have that configuration so it is first come first serve.

standing is unhealthy unless you're moving around

Imagine turning every job into being a McDonald's cashier.

Both of these.
Just ask your dentist how he feels after 8 hours of standing in one position.

Yes. Standing in one spot for hours at a time isn't good for you.

This is the only sensible solution: alternate between standing and sitting.
Those desks are expensive though, and hard to find second hand.

I have an adjustable desk and it's great to be able to stand up when I feel sleepy after lunch

neither is sitting down. a lot of these desks can be raised/lowered.

that being said, they are definitely a meme. I used to use one

Bottom line: Anything that requires a desk is killing you

This is the best way. Sometimes I sit, sometimes I stand

ASS

yeah, standing still for long periods of time is arguably worse for you than sitting down

same here. it's got a motorized hydrolic lift that moves the desk up and down at the press of a button.

yes
after 5 min your feet hurt

try standing in one place while watching a movie

t. Amerilard

Standing is a meme; sitting is a meme. Just make sure to move around. I use workrave to remind me.

Standing in one spot all day will kill you when you fall asleep. Your blood pressure will drop and your breath will go shallow. If you have diabetes, you're pretty much as good as dead.

That is why there are rising tables that can both be sitting desks and standing desks. They cost more but they absolutely exist and sell.

Attached: stand-up-office-chair-tall-chairs-for-standing-desks-standup-desk-wood-electric-rising-narrow-cheap- (699x870, 48K)

everything is a meme if you look closely

Attached: 1531872911773.png (686x1029, 1.04M)

>at work
>do a lot of the ordering and budgeting
>constantly get people asking for standing desks "like [X] has"
>have to explain to them that they cost hundreds of dollars, they need cost center approval and an ergonomic assessment
>they get huffy and think we should just give them over as if they definitely need one

you don't buy them yourself, you get your company to pay for them, idiot. What kind of a shitty company do you work for that can't afford a fucking desk? I have one, I stand for about 1 hr in the morning when I've just arrived, and then for another hour after lunch.

standing desks are for weirdos that love to stare down at other employees and see what they are doing.

>Forced to use an LCD

Max comf

>sleepy after lunch

That’s not normal, you probably at risk for diabetes being that insulin resistant. Get it checked.

Standing desks are great. I get seen by everyone important (especially the ladies) and can look down on those flabby sitting losers.

Attached: signs-that-guy-in-your-office-might-be-a-psychopath-photos-210.jpg (600x400, 30K)

Just bought this IKEA skartsa. Its my first standing desk and being able to alternate is really nice.

Attached: IMG_20180727_220829.jpg (3000x4000, 1.51M)

>poorly lit room
>dated carpeting
>flimsy desk shoved in corner

This is a depressing image sorry user

Yes why do you have to stand in the corner?
Do you have detention or something?

I just moves here and there's boxes covering the room. I just had to set it up to do work for now.

This please move it to a well-lit area. A window. Need that vitamin D lad.

OK, that's fine then.
We're just trying to look after you, user.

Thanks my man. I've been standing 24/7 at the desk until my Aeron comes in. I thought I would get tired of it after awhile but standing 24/7 isn't bad.

1. Just ask next time, you scum.
2. Please be absolutely sure you are not sasquatch.

Attached: Regret Nothing.jpg (1444x978, 330K)

>1.6
>wc3

can we go back

standing desk is good but you can't do it all the time
standing desk + treadmill is the best setup cause you can walk at like 1mph for 9 hrs without even realizing it

>Get all wrapped up
>Have to poop

god i hate that basedboy from college humor, are they still making trash facebook tier ""comedy"" videos

>this nigga has never lived in student housing
the man is probably at university

Superman desk >>>>> standing desk

Attached: me _ eye arr ell.png (751x496, 634K)

And I thought it couldn't get any worse in 2013

>>Have to poop
He's not a fatass like you.

It's the opposite, the insulin crash causes the sleepiness

As opposed to what kind of desktop?

if they paid 20$ an hour I would do it in a heart beat . most cubicle jobs are a bunch of hidden weird cucks anyway so they arent really any different.

ikea

Looks Russian

>I don't know basic biology

The brain naturally makes serotonin after a full stomach to direct the body's energy to digestion.

Getting sleepy after eating, *especially* after eating something high in protein and hard-to-digest foods (such as a steak), it'd be quite abnormal to *not* get sleepy.

I use one at work and they're useful as fuck when you wanna show someone something

That's pretty much it though