Attached: 4 by 3.png (2000x1500, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4eOldGR3xLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1.png (1920x1080, 18K)

16:10

How this works?

/thread/

Attached: 1514372830788.jpg (706x836, 153K)

this guy is a brainlet that can't think outside of the box

Fibonacci/10

i frequently think that my ~23 inch 1920x1080 monitor is too wide. not comfy at all

>have 27" monitor on my eye level
>there's 4-5 inches of wasted space below it that could be more monitor

widescreen is a meme they need to start making biggg 4:3 and 5:4 monitors again

Is 1024x768 better than 1366x768?

yep *sip*

Depends on the content. I prefer 4:3 for most non-entertainment uses.

Attached: henrietta practices gun safety.jpg (640x369, 34K)

>muh golden ratio pseudoscience

Attached: tfw soy milk.png (800x750, 106K)

if they're as wide then yes
regardless you're being a brainwashed status quo cia nigger and arbitrarily comparing 1024x768vs1366x768 instead of 1366x1024vs1366x768

21:9

yikes

Attached: ultrawide brainlet.png (543x443, 29K)

Nah, a lot of old games don't support this ratio and a lot of screwy shit can happen if you try to make it work. I'd say two 4:3 monitors is the best set up because everything supports it and you still get room for productivity with two monitors.

>old games
nothing of value was lost

Hor+ or Vert-

>Not 2:1

literally retarded

get with the times gramps

Yeah let's just erase the historical value of classic pc games.

A single large ultrawide monitor is better than two side to side monitors.

1:1.

Code in 4:3 ?

For laptops widescreen is definitely better.

More space for the keyboard.
Or full sized keys at smaller form factor.

Also fits more bags.

>virgin 16:9 vs 16:10 chad

What value

Lol. Imagine actually thinking this.

Attached: 1533344753617.gif (680x492, 407K)

Yes, but try convincing poor people their setup sucks...

Its cultural significance on basically everything?

But that's wrong, nigger, it leaves less space for touchpad. Keyboards are big enough on all laptops but touchpad are still disgustingly small.

Attached: 02rdcpdo.png (830x428, 73K)

@67023074
@67023099
>make a program fullscreen
>it covers the entire screen instead of the other one

inb4 autists with tiling wm

>Lol.
You need to go back.

Everything?

>I'm inept and can't press Meta+Left

yikes imagine being a widescreen basedboy

Attached: FujifilmGFX-aspectRatios,std.png (1200x608, 66K)

Says the guy who thinks video games have some sort of historical value besides creating virgins and manchildren. Go back to /v/eddit

Sorry to disappoint, but not him.

There is no debate. 16:9 is just superior. Simple as that.

Attached: 1o3hfl.jpg (500x374, 84K)

Music, tv shows, movies, art, etc.

What relevance does this hold

Sure. Whatever you say

What value? Any video game movie is shit. Most video game novel is shit. Art isn't unique and could be done by any field besides video games and no one would notice. Hell, no one even knows if something is based off a game unless they are a manchild

it shows that
>lol but 1024x768 is smaller than 1366x768
is a shit argument and judging them by their height instead of width is actually orwellian newspeak-like attempt to make sheep buy shitty small w*descreen (or as i'd rather like to call it, halfheight) monitors which can be manufactured for cheaper

>using a touchpad

Fuck off back to Pleddit pleb

There's nothing to debate really because they don't make 4:3 or 5:4 computer monitors anymore.

The closest thing is a 3:2 or 1:1 but they're still rare to come by.

>a lot of old games don't support this ratio
>he doesn't know about the magic resolution that is 1600x1200 which is perfectly suited for a 1920x1200 16:10 monitor
Please recommend a decent 4:3 monitor that isn't crt.

/thread
16:9 is backwards compatible with 4:3

That's not what I mean. For example, for decades people have been trying to recreate the feel of Silent Hill. Not directly recreating Silent Hill, but inspired by it. For me, the soundtrack of the first 4 games encapsulates the feeling of uncanny and dread. I am directly inspired by it in almost everything I do artistically. And many many other artists are too.

The well has run dry then. Stop trying to imitate or be inspired by and instead do your own thing.

Any cheap used dell monitor from the mid 2000's are actually not that bad. The colors, brightness, and clarity are surprisingly good. I still use one.

they don't make them for the reason mentioned here

stop being a cuk and break free of the conditioning
we DEMAND 4:3 and 5:4 monitors

16:9 is okay in landscape, but is godawful in portrait mode. This is okay for a computer monitor but anyone making a 16:9 tablet, 2 in 1, whatever, should be shot.

4:3>16:10>16:9

>but is godawful in portrait mode
Depends on the use case.

You can be inspired by something and still make something original. This for example.

youtu.be/4eOldGR3xLY

:3

Do "4K" and "5K" equivalent 4:3 screens even exist?

No point buying a $6k digital camera only to look at its pictures on a shitty old TN screen with a poor resolution of 1600x1200

guys what's more pretentious, math rock or IDM

Noise.

1:1

anyone using a tablet, 2 in 1, whatever, should be shot.

>This is okay for a computer monitor
Indeed. I use a 16:10 in portrait for viewing single page documents.

>oh, no, I'll have letter boxing on my stretched 640x480 games

It's hideous. Imagine watching a movie on an ultra wide monitor that has been stretched across it. Would you watch it? No.

Both of these screens have the same diagonal.

Attached: gjdahgjsadteur.png (872x599, 8K)

>Reading comprehension
For the love of God, please either DDG "letterboxing", or go back.

>I'd say two 4:3 monitors is the best set up
unless you want to watch movies

Don't you mean pillarboxing?

Rotated letterboxing, dumbass.

Same fucking thing.

big 4:3 with black boxes is better than 16:9 or 21:9

Ok, recommend me a big 4:3 monitor with image quality comparable to at least current mid-tier 16:9 monitors then.

Dell 2007FP are the best 4:3 LCDs you can reasonably find. Excellent colours when calibrated properly, 1600:1200. 20". 4:3 is 11% larger for surface area than equivalent sized (diagonally) 16:9 displays, so it feels bigger than 20". I use two.

this needs answering or ratiolets have to STFU.

literally nothing stops manufacturers who have the capability to make fucking 8k monitors from making 5:4 monitors except that they don't want to do it. you have to send them mail and tell them they're shit

This sums up Jow Forums exactly.

>manufacturers won't manufacture products with no demand

Oh noes!

I wish 16:10 had become standard.

are you fucking retarded 4:3 monitors are superior in every way but they're larger.
instead they sell shitty overpriced halfheight monitors for the same

remember when in 2008 you could get halfheight 1080p monitors for 100 dollars and now that full aspect ratios were gotten rid of they jacked the prices up to 300 dollars?

you're actually so stupid you don't understand that the lack of demand was a multiple year long influence campaign on the part of the manufacturers. can't possibly fathom how retarded gamer /v/edditors even find Jow Forums

Blame trash normie consumers who bitch and moan about a quarter inch black bar on their screen.

>24 fps looks better
>it's not because we don't want to pay for more film (and these days special effects rendering)

t. hollywood

a camera is not a monitor

Attached: idiot.png (499x338, 38K)

Wouldn't have been a problem if TV and Movies also adapted it. I think that the 21:9 trend fucking sucks.
16:9 is fine, but just a tad too wide.

>guys if you use a larger non-16:9 we'll render it so you'll see less to your instead of so you'll see more below and above buy our 16:9 monitors

this is also the reason why 16:10, even in 2011 when it had a chance, games like Battlefield 3 would cut off peripheral vision from the sides either because the devs were retarded or perhaps it was intentional...

Attached: dishonest advertising.jpg (1600x900, 150K)

fpbp

>instead of so you'll see more below and above

Why would you want to see more dirt and sky?

>Why would you want to see more dirt
Because he's playing Dirt 3

>What (((they))) want you to believe
>The truth

how much is sony/lg/dell/benq paying you

two good monitors (1440p 144hz or so) cost more than a single ultrahalfheight

4:3 is superior in this

>hurr why do quake players use high fov why would you want to see more floor and skybox
oh wait it's because verticality is actually important in video games

Another user, but yes. I have Unity and games opened on 16:9 and Visual Studio, Chrome and messagers on 4:3

>4:3 is superior in this
by that logic 5:4 would be even better, with 1:1 being the ultimate display proportions, but I see noone shilling those here

Attached: d09.jpg (684x546, 76K)

>27'' 1440p 120Hz VA as a main display for anime, movies and new games
>21'' 2048x1536 100Hz CRT as a secondary display for old anime, old games or when 4:3 works out better for what I'm doing
all of you are inferior

>two good monitors (1440p 144hz or so) cost more than a single ultrahalfheight

Like I said: POOR - so opinions discarded.

>verticality is actually important in video games
Not in the racing game you posted.

That's because they barely exist.

5:4 is better, I haven't used a 4:3 since 2005 after which I used a 5:4 until 2017 when I got a 144hz monitor. I've sa

I keep mostly saying 4:3 because 5:4 is way niche, ask most people and they can't even name 5:4 resolutions because these brainlets voluntarily downgraded from 4:3 120hz CRTs straight to 16:9 60hz because the jews told you to.

>hurr i'm too stupid to use my own brain and think about how that would affect other games
I LITERALLY mentioned Battlefield 3, a shooter game, in the post with the DiRT3 picture, how can you actually be so fucking autistic that you tunnel vision on the picture for a single game

Attached: x.jpg (1600x900, 34K)

In pretty much every pov game you need peripheral vision more than you need sky/dirt

And the same applies to real world images.
Movies are shot in 21:9 because the extra scenery it allows is far more interesting to look at than a screen mostly filled with sky.

16:10

Attached: 144816743855.jpg (800x850, 103K)