*crack*

*crack*
*sip*
Now floppy disks, that was a storage medium.

Attached: soygr.png (1263x709, 1.16M)

I don't get why people complain about him that much. He might not know his shit but he shows the world the cool shit he has and finds, and makes relatively well put together videos about them.

You DARE talk shit about LGR?

Attached: CKTBQjjUAAAwUCx.png (599x331, 307K)

it's not as if he goes outside his sphere

This is Jow Forums a destructive autist like Rossmann is like God for 50% of the people here.

Well he's not wrong, it WAS a storage medium.

A shit one that failed often, but still.

*Puts on Duke Nukem voice*
Well hello there.
*Meanders around Goodwill*
Greetings
*Masturbates to Radio Shack catalog*
Today on LGR
*Reads Wikipedia for script*
We're going to talk about this European keyboard someone sent me
*Cyberstalks fat goth girl*
I have no idea how this works
*doesn't solder*
But I Iove the clicking sound it makes
*inhales IBM PC jr. deeply*
Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm.

Imagine wasting all that old tech on games.

What else would it be good for

Attached: nerd.jpg (530x402, 41K)

yeah that's something most youtuber praised on Jow Forums have in common, they go outside there sphere and give life/philosophical advice based on their opinion (rossman, lunduke, luke morse...)

LGR just enjoys reviving 90s computers, shares his hobby and strictly sticks to that.

nothing wrong with that guy, he's 0% toxic. just don't subscribe if you dislike.

You say else as if they are good for games, when the only thing good for games is fire and corruption.

>onions game reviews

I like all the old computer and parts that he has. That's it.

lol sorry not luke morse mybad he's a cool gaijin either.

i meant luke smith

Because Jow Forums is filled with lost children incapable of thinking for themselves

where did the hair go?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

Can't stand the guy, won't watch this shit.

> yeah that's something most youtuber praised on Jow Forums have in common, they go outside there sphere and give life/philosophical advice based on their opinion (rossman, lunduke, luke morse...)

Being a loser -> hating on what's popular and desirable by most people -> looking up to others that are also losers, but magnificent losers.

Go watch Rossmann then.

>looking up to others that are also losers,

Attached: hq720.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

LUK HOW IM NERD AND RETRO LMAOOOOOOOO

Oh god i can hear the fucker say mmmmmm in my head.

>A shit one that failed often, but
t. Millenial bitchboy who only ever used chink 1.44MB floppies

>lunduke
>praised on Jow Forums

Because hipsters are scum.

>bringing old computers back to life and documenting how they perform
>seeing what capabilities old hardware could perform
>enjoying the experience

Why is it that intellectualist hobbies have to be made fun of in your culture? This is the same reason your country is dying. Not enough people like him learning about things, and too many people listening to nigger music and getting high making fun of people like him.

>is this the absolute state of zoomers?

I'm a 32 year old boomer and I can assure you that NO ONE wishes for the return of floppies.

33 yo boomer here. I disagree.

If they could store like 15gb each or something I'd be cool with it

every single thing he reviews causes the price of them to jump from $5 on ebay to $150 because muh RARE RETRO HARDWARE

clicking a floppy into the drive was peak tactile computing

We have HxCs now. Don't need it.

KRZZ KRZZZZ
KRK KRK KRK
KRZZZZ
>Error Disk Corrupted

>I'm a 32 year old boomer
Are you a time traveler from 1981?

Thank god floppies are gone. Damn things were unreliable as fuck. It makes cheapo CD-Rs, DVD-R and modern Seagate/WD HDDs dependable by comparison.

I was into old computers back in the early 00's, even in the 90s actually. Anyhoo, I bought a pizzabox LC III, a Mac Classic, and an SE/30. I gave the classic away, recapped and overclocked the LC III and fixed up the SE/30 with a recap and larger hard drive. Anyhoo, my SE/30 is now worth quite a bit. There is a lot to be discovered and appreciated about early computers. You would be surprised by how much you can do on them.

For example, my SE/30 (with its 16MHz CPU), can browse the internet (only simple websites, but they do work and load quickly), I can SSH with a private key into my linux machines, I can use word/excel, loads of fun games, etc on a fully featured desktop GUI and you know what? ALL OF THAT SOFTWARE and the OS could fit on a 40MB hard drive. Although I must admit I did upgrade it to 300MB. Today here are hello world apps that take up 100MB of ram ffs.

There is something seriously wrong about modern computing, and going back to old hardware you can begin to see how bad we have it today. Its like when we thought computers would give us more free time, when the opposite happened. Likewise, we thought faster speeds would make our computers faster, but instead, more and more bloat just got crammed in instead, and computers today don't really feel much faster. Although I have to admit, I do appreciate 1080p youtube vids... but that is really the only improvement I can think of. I can play 3d games on my se/30 like spectre. I guess 3d games are a lot nicer now... but my imagination could fill in the blanks for me back in those days of limited graphics. I didn't mind.

yes older tech is great i dont doubt that, however its annoying that i'd have to spend $300+ to build a vintage computer that can run DOS and maybe win3.1

But you can probably make your own homemade magnetic media with the following ingredients which can be purchased from any chemical supply house.

>iron oxide powder
>Mylar sheets
>stearic acid

fascinating life story have you sold the biopic rights yet?

>r its annoying that i'd have to spend $300+ to build a vintage computer
surely you could find SOMETHING on craigslist? And to be honest, you really just need a 32bit machine to do that anyway. It doesn't have to have been made in the 90's to run it.

One more thing, I want to remind you all that cable internet is a 90's thing. I had it in the 90;s , so high speed internet is not an argument for today being better. I had a 2Mb connection back than and it was faster loading websites than today with all the filth on websites we have to deal with.

Of course consider what that hardware cost new.

He's going for doublebeetus.

I hate that argument because that's suggesting the tech has equal value today as it did 30 years
>that IBM PC-AT cost $5000 when new! youre lucky get to it for $900 on ebay
Well no. maybe if i got for 900 in 1985 but today it shouldnt cost nearly that much because it cant DO anything useful other than your own nostalgia

Crk...phsshh. would you like to buy the rights? Make me an offer.

Attached: 67tjh89.jpg (588x350, 31K)