Any one working in japan as software developer?

Any one working in japan as software developer?
Is it hard to find a job? How is salary/culture/work ethic?
I really want to go there just for the adventure, i am sick of my current job, probably before i go to tokio i will send some resumes.
>C,C# embedded (i fucking hated it)
1 years experience
>React/Node.js
2 years of experience
>lack of knowledge of japanese.
I am in EU so i will probably get visa easily.

Attached: japan.png (400x267, 9K)

>going to Japan to work
You don't want that senpai.

you're not going to get hired to do something a japanese person could do (in terms of a work visa). Unless you know some really obscure language that hasn't been used in decades you're going to be shit out of luck with programming.

the only way anyone moves to asia initially is by teaching english.

Once your already there you'd probably have a good chance but otherwise i'd give up.

Let the weeb learn that the hard way rofl

dumb weeb thinking he'll survive working in Japan

Not OH-PEE but could someone move there and stablish themselves by entrepreneurship more easily (assuming your business idea is actually good/viable) ?

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1522961391022.jpg (3264x2448, 455K)

>the only way anyone moves to asia initially is by teaching english.
You could also teach coding to kids, but knowing japanese would help quite a bit with that.

D E K I N A I
E
K
I
N
A
I

Attached: dekinai.png (358x707, 456K)

gettin a job there is not hard as long you apply personally. You do need to know japanese though.

>>lack of knowledge of japanese.
and how the fuck are you going to read comments in japanese? or understand instructions in japanese?

you can't code if you don't have a clear understanding of what you're coding, any communication misunderstandings can be catastrophic

I currently work in corporation in poland, where i don't speak most of the time polish and we have few non polish programmers, mangers, client side programmers/manager. So i see no problem.
In english we have:
>pr comments
>dailies
>jira tasks
>documentation
>planning
>customer service
>even slack channel
We only talk on private channels and near desk in polish.

I like idea of working in japan, just for curiosity and maybe learning lean japanease culture and getting working holiday visa is easy

This
But even to teach English you usually need to be a native (Brexit not EU, Irish maybe?). If so, it's probably better than any technical job in Japan for someone with little experience.

Teaching programming to kid without Japanese skills? Not sure.

Your skillset is not stellar.

Salary is not good in comparison with Western Europe when you consider the cost of life.
In the past few years, many job ads that target foreigners require speaking a native Asian language. Off-shore business I guess. You would compete with developers with lower salary expectations.

Work ethics in Japan are a punchline. Even the local millennials hate this.
Regardless of the laws, employers always find a loophole to make you work overtime for free.

If you like Japan, you're better off change job where you are, and visit on holidays.

But if you make plans to stay only a couple of years, that can be a valuable life experience for you.

Get a job at Google, work for a few years, then ask to be transferred to Japan.
Most people in the offices there are white, I doubt proficiency in Japanese is a requirement.

So you like the idea of being a nigger and encroaching upon another country? Potentially stealing a job from a native Jap?

Dumb fuckin' kike

Is it really worth going to Japan these days? just go on vacation, buy useless plastic junk, realize it's useless, and go back home and establish yourself in your own land

>Jow Forums

The only feasible employment in Japan that pays enough for you to earn a living is Teaching English.

Coding/IT/Engineering does not pay well. Japanese spend a lot of time at work (not necessarily working) due to cultural norms. While stumbling home they stop to get a rice bowl or Soup and then do it over again in the A.M.

Food, rent is affordable but like I said the pay sucks. You would be better off moving to a new place in the USA if that is where you are from or even a Caribbean Island looking for talent.

the japanese social mindset is not the same as many european ones
they haven't been corrupted to think that speaking a foreign language in a workplace in their home country is something normal and that should be accepted. whether you agree with that statement or not, that's how they feel, so your experience is completely contrary to the japanese way of life.

if you seriously plan on spending even a moderate amount of time in japan as anything other than a bumbling tourist, you will need to get serious about learning japanese well

Bullshit. I work for a company that has a strong presence in Tokyo. Total comp excluding starting bonus is around 110k USD for entry level. No Japanese shitty workplace culture either, nor is Japanese (or English for that matter) an actual requirement.

Western companies are starting to realize that Tokyo is actually a great place to place an office. Quality of life is great, people have higher satisfaction there than anywhere else (in my company at least), and surprisingly affordable. It's a lot easier to get East Europeans and other Asians work visas for Japan than it is to get them visas for the US, and you get to pay them less for higher satisfaction.

OP just needs to find one of these companies.

Isn't working in Japan like slave labor

>moving to japan to become a codemonkey
I mean it's better than being an English teacher, but you won't be doing yourself any favors.

there's no "english speaking companies" in japan you retard, the only departments that would speak english are localisation/logistics

if you can't speak japanese, dont even bother applying for jobs there, you're a waste of time

better yet
WHITE PIGGU GO HOME

Join the Japanese foreign legion, after 2 years of service you get citizenship.

Japanese women love white guys so much that you can just move over there and live off sugar mammas

You really think you can work 90 hours a week? Lol have fun

United States employees, on average, work more hours a year than the Japanese.

Let's say this is true. You work for an international company. Better than the average employer.

110k USD entry level, maybe, for someone with a great skillset. Hey that's some internship at Apple. But, let's be honest, not for:
>C,C# embedded (i fucking hated it)
>1 years experience
>React/Node.js
>2 years of experience

Sure, foreign bankers, for instance, can have a great life here. Met a US bank employee (not a Japanese speaker) who stayed in a luxury hotel in Tokyo for 3 months for a training (in case you wonder why you pay $$ on every transaction).

That's the exception, not the rule.

That skill set wont work for my company because it's mostly Java, but we aren't exactly Google. Base salary is 90k USD for Tokyo entry level, which isn't that crazy for a western software company, and only goes up to 110k after average performance and yearly bonuses.

I know this is the case salary here is based on a pretty strict formula of location and promotional level. Over half of the engineering office is foreigners who hardly speak Japanese, so language is just not a barrier.

This

>software developer
programmer

there's not really a visa for that. if you already had a business and then expanded it into the country then that would work on the basis of you already having large capital to invest.

Those. Underrated.

Attached: 876122e4fb9aa21b2e474a358514b24f.jpg (617x600, 37K)

Not OP but I was always tempted to open an Italian restaurant in Japan, I know that most of the locals are quite mind closed and prefer going out to the same old place but hey, at least I could have a grasp of what living in a foreign asian country would eventually be. Oh and then I could also fulfill my second dream of buying a ThinkPad G50.

Attached: y0s.jpg (720x474, 85K)

Imagine being this big of a weeb

>おはおうございます16時は仕事を働きましょうかい
>Uhh I don't know it sounds bad
>行け!!!
>Nooo!!

Good luck lol.