3D avatar future

Are we going to have an Internet of 3D avatars and virtual celebrities now? Science fiction speculated about it and the 90s had a lot of hype for it, but between VR & AR getting cheaper, VRchat, virtual YouTubers (apparently Jow Forums is getting one), deepfakes and the proliferation of facial expression capture the technology seems to be finally coming together. What are your predictions? Will there be 3D celebrities in the West within 10 years?

Attached: vr 3d avatars.jpg (1478x794, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VQjnURGJU2Y
Jow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kizuna_AI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idoru
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VRChat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>3d celebrities
maybe
>avatars
fuck no, because they're worse than text

bump

Yes. But not in 10 years. We are not yet capable of creating a true ai, which is not a chatbot or a "deep learning" machine. If we break the barrier in ai fabrication, then we are on a good route to Gibbsons Idoru.

Thats why everybody who is "important" will have one. Altough, how will you be able controll it, thats a mistery to me.

You can have human-operated artificial celebrities before AI, maybe even with machine learning helping the human operators to create more believable movement and speech.

>machine learning
What I mean is things like
youtube.com/watch?v=VQjnURGJU2Y

>Vtuber Competition
Have you submitted your design, user?

Attached: 1533407704035.jpg (600x839, 218K)

It'll control you.

Wait, since when this announcement is there? wtf gook

>design must be female
sexism much?

What the fuck am I looking at

I agree, but I don't think anyone here would care about that

Jow Forums.org/banner-contest
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kizuna_AI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idoru
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VRChat

>inb4 yotsuba

Miku with four-tailed hair.

Female Spurdo with four-tailed hair.

Virtual Terry A Davis.

Too bad the design must be female. I'd love to see Gondola as a virtual YouTuber. No voice, of course. Just sitting there, staring at the viewer, and flexing his legs every so often, while silly animu music plays in the background and a game character loops the idle animation.

Mootykins. For nostalgia's sake, and as a subtle 'fuck you' to Hiro.

check it fags, what did I win?

Attached: thumb-1920-891322.png (1920x1080, 12K)