Be me

>be me
>at American airport (LAX)
>gate attendants still using win 7 4:3 machines with a CLI interface for managing tickets
>underneath is a fucking fax machine
The absolute SHANTY-TOWN of American transportation

Attached: ratking.jpg (1024x1024, 104K)

cool blog, how do I unsubscribe?

By putting sage in the namefield :)

Attached: kenan.jpg (251x251, 19K)

California is a third world shithole.

Why would you replace it if it just werks?

At least they do some things right there

>at Brazilian airport
>gate attendants using cheap national-made AIOs with heavily modified Windows Vista-ish that runs solely an old Win 3.1 UI for managing tickets
>only other thing around is a corded telephone
>the shitty Atom AIO freezes and the attendant has to call someone via phone
>takes at least 2 minutes for someone to pick it up, and it's the wrong support number, so the attendant has to write down another one with borrowed pen and paper and call it
>takes more 5 minutes for the second call to get picked up
>after some 20 seconds explaining, a couple of 'yes'es, the guy is instructed to just turn the power stabilizer off, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on.
>takes more 5 minutes for the thing to load everything up, log back in and continue the procedures
1st world problems, muh dood.

>be at Jow Forums airport
>gate attendand running riced atch linux with loli wallpaper
>easily 300lbs yet wears programming socks
>ticketing system is maintained via blockchain
>more than 5 people tried to checkin at the same time so the whole system goes down
>mumbles something about proprietary software and runs away

they're just terminals to a central mainframe, why do you think that would benefit from a ryzen with botnet 10 and an objectively inferior 16:9 media tard aspect ratio?

Yeah, as it turns out requiring standardization across 2.3 billion acres is just shy of impossible and the lack of standards results in needing to use some seriously outdated shit sometimes. Like fax machines.

The fuck are you talking about? They do nothing right here.

>The fuck are you talking about? They do nothing right here.
They don't tend to mutilate babies when they're born like the rest of the US, so that's at least something right they do

That's just the Asians and Mexicans living here.

That's not what my Cali friends say

what the fuck are you guys talking about
circumcision?

that's a jew/muslim thing

checked. op is a fag.

big if true

>still using win 7
>4:3
Who the fuck cares? Children want the newest toys, sensible businesses use what just werks.

I was at my bank and they used a CLI and CRT display with green text, it's pretty cool.

just werks™

>>gate attendants still using win 7 4:3 machines with a CLI interface for managing tickets
>>underneath is a fucking fax machine
And yet it works, which is more that can be said for most newer systems which have months of teething issues and then ask to be replaced after a few years.

> 2018
> Not using Microsoft's latest spyware OS
Yeah, clearly a poorfag.

Also
> No point in using the CLI
GET OUT NORMIE!!!!!!!!!!

The true reason is security, OP. They don't upgrade things because they can't without tons of security reviews.

Thats how everyone does it you fucking zoomer.

quads of truth

Attached: pcbg.jpg (1280x974, 304K)

It works.

>that's a jew/muslim thing
The United States didn't get that memo