Mpv and mpc-hc development is dead

>mpv and mpc-hc development is dead
>VLC still going strong

Why does VLC always win?

Attached: vlc-media-player-logo.png (500x250, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/graphs/commit-activity
mpv.io/manual/master/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/5257
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sir vlc has Indian programmers so they r winning

A FUCKING CONE XDDDD

What is there left to develop really?

>make wildly inaccurate claim about hardware/software X
>suggest that hardware/software Y is clearly superior

why does Jow Forums *always* do this?

i'm not even talking about opinions, which are understandable. but y'all say shit that is clearly false but parade it as the truth.

MPV still doesn't recognize the bottom taskbar on Windows.

There's an easy fix, by making xy coordinates start from the MIDDLE of a video instead of the top left corner. But mpv devs are retarded.

Windows

spbp

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/graphs/commit-activity

F

>last commit was today
>retard says development is dead
Great thread

Attached: Screenshot_20180805-131734_Firefox.jpg (1080x480, 129K)

I have it set perfectly for my desktop on windows. It's not hard to do.

no you do not. it's not possible to scale video dimensions down and have it fit perfectly inside the taskbar or have smaller videos have the same spacing from the top of screen and top of taskbar

god i love this shitty meme. keep it up dude

>no you do not
Oh really? Because It works just how I want it. I have it open so the the top lines up to the the edge of the screen and the bottom lined up to the edge of the taskbar if the video is smaller than my screens resolution. And if the resolution is larger than my screen it does the same.

seek mental help.

But I don't want the smaller videos to scale up. If they're smaller than the desktop the spacing between the top edge and top of taskbar should be equal. It's not mathematically possible to do it with the current settings.

Justify having xy position having a corner starting point rather than the middle. Not all videos and screen resolutions are the same so using a corner is absolutely retarded.

>Justify having xy position having a corner starting point rather than the middle
I use geometry to position videos in a corner of the screen. checkmate

>But I don't want the smaller videos to scale up.
So don't. There is autofit-smaller and autfit-larger.

>Windows
Good joke. Good joke.

Attached: lmao.jpg (368x349, 34K)

Also you can make the spacing equal with geometry=

Which is mathematically impossible.

Here's how much of a joke Linux is: If you set the --no-border option in Linux, you literally cannot resize the video window by dragging a window corner.

Weird that it just works in my terminal. Maybe go back to the Reddit if you can't figure out how to run it

>Which is mathematically impossible.
lol wtf

Attached: giphy.gif (432x180, 946K)

So who's the autist that left in May and killed the project?

Why are you asking questions you already know the answers to?

Quit being paranoid, I've had /mpv/ and other space-wasting generals filtered for months so I have no idea, it's an honest question.

Then why do you care?

It's a random curiosity after seeing that guys link, quit being so defensive faggot

Its final fix should be dropping support for Windows

Quit being paranoid, it's an honest question.

Quit shitposting user, it'd be better for your health

>Final commit installs a rootkit on windows
>Turns off all temperature checks
>Runs hardware until housefire
I would kill for that

Quit telling me what I should quit doing.

mpc-hc was never relevant, since it was Windows-only, and VLC is okay for casual use, but mpv was always the best for enthusiasts. This will continue to be true.

>xy coordinates start from the MIDDLE of a video
:^)

Why people choose VLC? is bloatware with a lot of useless features (Record Your Desktop, Convert Video Files, Stream Media over Network or Internet, Download YouTube Videos, Subscribe to Podcasts, Add Watermark on Video)

I want a lightweight media player, no a fucking monster

>Why people choose VLC?

just werks

>half a billion downloads
>not relevant

>mpc-hc was never relevant, since it was Windows-only
What you mean is that mpc-hc has always been best if you can use it, and you want to limit the discussion to what is the first place loser.

>just werks
Except default settings have washed out colors lol

>says mpc is best media player
>needs 3rd party software for decent rendering

>has 3rd party software for decent rendering.
How to get madVR to work on mpv?

>wanting proprietary botnet in mpv
Gross. vo_gpu is all you need.

mpv has good rendering unlike mpc so madvr isnt needed. mpv also handles subs better so you dont need another 3rd party program like assfilermod for mpc.

aom av1 support?

>wanting good software is bad
freecucks literally only care about their little circlejerk and nothing else
no one actually inconveniences themselves to this level unrionically, right?

That's up to LAV.

people dropping VLC never made any sense to me outside of being different for the sake of it
apparently it has some issues with 4k media and anime but i've never had an issue

>complaining about a 40mb install because it has too many options that you never see unless you look for them
this is your brain on degenerative minimalist trends

I honestly can't remember because it's been a while, but is it necessary to manually install this 3rd party software for this rendering?

There is a reason why the vlc devs asked an mpv dev to implement an mpv library.

Nothing is necessary. But if you don't install madvr it wont be as good.

mpv can already play av1 if you build ffmpeg with libaom

VLC was pretty good back on the days of CCCP. Unfortunately it hasn't aged well.

mpv literally doesn't have a real gui. The one it has now is designed for "lol i don't need standard feature" minimaltards

Is madVR still separate? I had thought that was integrated in now. Or was that the LAV filters?

>want to try baka-mplayer which uses libmpv
>have to compile from source
fucking dropped, when will freetards learn that unless a program is an app that installs from a repository through one apt-get install command or a double-clickity-click executable compiled binary then it's not even a program it's just some fucking files that are useless to everyone.

Seperate

I mean that's great for community gossip and dick measuring but when I click to play a file in vlc it loads and looks fine so it doesn't mean shit to me

>mpv literally doesn't have a real gui.
How did I just click the play and pause button? Or use the volume button? Or the next file button?

Must be nice not to have standards or expectations

This.

I watch sub 2gb dvd rips and yes it is nice

efficiency?

Probably not as good as it will be once optimized more. Its still very new.

How so? I'm tired of how videos bigger than my resolution gets all over the place when open.

Ah. My argument against is then that mpc-hc+madvr being incredibly simple to setup and handle all my avi, mp4, ogm, mkv, 10bit, etc. files > everything else. If this was still the days when I had to manually setup xy-filter and the LAV stuff then I probably wouldn't make the argument. And if the primary renderer was still Haali I definitely wouldn't be making it.

I used to use mpc-hc with madvr for years and mpv was honestly easier to set up for me and picture quality is indistinguishable. I also like well documented manual. Its crazy how robust mpv is.

mpv.io/manual/master/

Attached: Screenshot_20180805-165333_Firefox.jpg (1080x1283, 272K)

If only you could compile from source and drop unwanted features...

autofit-larger=88%
works here

do you not understand that there's a taskbar in windows and that people want equal spacing from the top of the screen to the top of the taskbar? pretty much all other media players do this

No, K-Lite Standard gives you everything you need.

Do you understand how to use geometry? Doesn't seem like it.

Attached: Screenshot_20180805-170337_Firefox.jpg (1080x1051, 226K)

>codec pack
>using someone elses settings
wew

i do, and it's not possible with this shit program which is why you'll never give a correct answer

I think that what he wants. Doesn't bother me tho

Attached: file.png (1440x1080, 1.27M)

How did I get it to work then?

I'm , post your mpv conf, because afailk you can't do this on mpv

See
I think you guys dont know how to use autofit and geometry properly.

Mine is set up for my pc. These settings may not work with your resolution. Or taskbar position.
autofit=100%
autofit-larger=93%x93%
geometry=50%:66%

You didn't.

Anyhow, here's the setting for my laptop:

--autofit-larger=1366x738

The taskbar is 30px high so I just did 768-30 and for 1366x738.

There is literally no geometry setting(which works as intended) that will position all videos regardless of dimension 369 pixels from the top of screen.

post how it looks

I can when I get home in a couple hours. But it opens small res videos so the top of mpv meets the top of my screen with no gaps and the bottom of mpv meets the taskbar with no gaps or overlapping.

>you didn't
lol ok

what a mess

>half a year
>still not merged
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/5257

Hi installgentooRMS

>feature-complete
>dead
I don't have a pic that properly conveys my disgust.

because it does what it needs to and a great job at that

>Standards and expectations
>for a fucking video player
if only you knew how much you sound like a faggot

How the fuck do I watch 4k in Linux?

Some people prefer bluray and the best video rendering available. Did you forget you're on a tech board with people into tech?

you don't

Is this a ylyl
kek you made me spill my fucking coffee!

I have no fucking clue why the VLC dev wont try to capitalize off of VLC.

Don't get me wrong, I admire the ever living shit out of the guy for standing against the free market money pimps.

But the least he could do, to make some bucks is open VLC to ads, with an option to turn them completely off, and guarantee no spyware.

At the very least, he could be generating massive bucks for a good charity if he doesn't have any personal material wants.

This is the most jewish thing I've read on Jow Forums in a long time.

reddit spacing jew

kill yourself, seriously

>giphy.gif

Attached: yuck.jpg (250x203, 6K)