Can someone redpill me on wireless adapters?

Can someone redpill me on wireless adapters?

I've had all fucking kinds of wifi issues for years now, and I know part of it is my landlord is a dumbass and probably keeps the router in a fucking closet or something, but my work Macbook can often connect just fine when none of my PCs can, so it's gotta be something on my end, too.
I got this little piece of shit limpdick Netgear WNDA3100
What makes a good wireless adapter? Where did I fuck up?

Attached: ngrmusb-1-lg.jpg (600x284, 18K)

Get a repeater that's sensitive enough (i.e. has multiple antennas and a decent amplifier) and have it rebroadcast to your apartment. Then any POS receiver you have will do.

>part of it is my landlord is a dumbass and probably keeps the router in a fucking closet or something
>Where did I fuck up?
You fucked up at the point when you decided not to run your own router.

I am, ironically enough, currently using a laptop as a kind of repeater. But it can't connect to the wifi half the time either. While it sits right next to the Mac, which doesn't have this problem.

I know that, but it wasn't an option I had
And I really don't want to move just over this, because this place still beats the hell out of the roach infested hellhole I used to live in

Anedcotal evidence I'll share. I spent years fucking with wireless adapters. mostly Tenda (yeah, cheap I know). Even decided fuck it and went with TP-link which didn't change shit in my performance which is when I gave up wireless adapters. I kept getting disconnects and stopped speeds at like 0 kbps and shit. In my other computer I actually had to disconnect some usb shit to get the wireless going again.

After a actual PCi adapter everything works good and problems area always at router/modem level. that's my story.

Where do you live that having your own router is not an option? Fecken hell.

All my bills are included in the rent, including Wifi. It's "convenience."
From what I gather, my apartment building is for divorcees and the elderly, because whenever I check for connections on the router, there's like 3 devices connected in a building of 2 dozen apartments.

none of your other devices can connect at ALL?

buy your own house

It varies. My PC laptop can connect I'll say 50% of the time? But I leave it in the spot where I know the signal's the strongest.
Desktop can only connect to the laptop's hotspot. Can't connect to the wifi. But it's in the back so that may be a signal strength issue.
Phone (Android), tablet (also android), roku have never been able to connect

But the Mac is fine like 90% of the time.

They won't even give me a credit card
Capitalists ruined this country, but I'm not about to make this a Jow Forums thread

Maybe you can try some kind of mac spoofing/cloning t hing and see if you can copy the mac address of your macbook or laptop to ensure it isn't some kind of limit/rule/qos/throttling shit he's got going on on your other devices.

I don't think my landlord is nearly that clever. I can get on the router because he left the username as admin and the password as password.
Also her email is at aol.com
Looking around the router, there doesn't seem to be any kind of limit/throttling, though I'm admittedly not very well versed in this sort of thing. But it all looks pretty standard.

Buy a cheap PCI-E network card from ebay
I had the same problem with usb network adapters

Attached: =-).jpg (640x640, 31K)

I own my own place and have never owned a credit card. I started working for minimum wage while I went to college, then got a good job. No excuses. Whoever you're referring to as "they" have nothing to do with how you shape your future.

That's a stupidly fucking simple solution. Don't know why I didn't think of trying that before this.
Guess I always assumed there was no way of fixing it on my end.
Any particular kind you recommend?

Yeah yeah, 30 year old boomer and all that, take it to Jow Forums or whatever
This thread is about wireless shit

I'm 25, so millenials have no excuse. Don't blame the system.

>millenials

I can't not cringe anytime someone uses that word

USB wireless adapters suck dicks. They're really unreliable and drop out under heavy load

>there are people on this board that don't use enterprise grade networking equipment and hardwire everything
Disgusting

God tier: Compex
Good tier: Intel, other Atheros-based
Shit tier: Broadcom

it's a real term dummycunt

Anyway, OP, I just bought a PCI-e network adaptor. 802.11n. Works flawlessly with the random BT hotspot that I somehow have access to.

>dat free interwebz

How far's the range? There's a coffee shop next door I'd like to have permanent access to.

I really have no idea where the router is located, but knowing the orwellian fetish the british have, it's right on the high street that I'm near. Tells me I have full bars. Cost me like 11 lbs

change the channel and lower the signal power, get wifi analyser

Why in the name of fuck does your 'landlord' control your WiFi? Just get your own internet connection.

he's a filthy communist that can't afford it