How important is Memory speed?

What does fast memory get's me?

Attached: 1515558475357.png (848x1492, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_8700K_Coffee_Lake_Memory_Performance_Benchmark_Analysis/6.html
community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/07/14/memory-oc-showdown-frequency-vs-memory-timings
reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/65cbz2/amd_ryzen_dualrank_memory_is_the_best_choice/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>There are people that fell for this meme
Never change, newfags

The fuck is this shit guide???

Hilarious?

is it?

epic

autism

Get the fastest kingston valueram available. Beyond that you're just overpaying.

Attached: perfrel_cpu.png (500x690, 30K)

In my experience throughput isn't that important but latency is.
I think especially with modern RAM and in dual channel you'll get more than enough bandwidth, but improvements to latency is still lagging behind.

And do remember that latency is measured in clocks, but it's the absolute latency (in milliseconds) that matter so you have to divide it by the clock speed for a fair comparison.

>ram latency in milliseconds
If your RAM's latency is measured in milliseconds, it might be time for an upgrade.

True, excuse my brainletness.
But what should we measure it in? nanoseconds?

Without fast memory you're not going to score a single headshot, the signal just wont travel fast enough and you'll miss every single time.

>for Intel
Fast RAM doesn't matter
>for AMD
If not using a Ryzen APU, get cheap, dual-rank RAM. Fast single-rank RAM is a meme

There is a pretty sizable difference between ddr3 and ddr4. Higher clock speeds basically = more transfers per second. Although iirc ddr4 has a 1 or 2% higher latency, but they could have honestly fixed that. Either way it wont be a noticeable difference, its like the difference between 14 and 14.2 nanoseconds, maybe even less.

5-th hands garbage knowledge: the post

|
|>
|
|

It was when it was new. At first you get angry, then you realize you're getting angry because normies would buy shit like that. Then you laugh at normies.

yes

>Fast single-rank RAM is a meme
A solid meme for the gaymers out there

see

>le normie
fuck off normalfag

>Intel fast ram doesn't matter
Except you can improve performance by up to 40% in some cases. Fast memory + OC even allows 2500K to compete where just OC doesn't make much of a difference.
>AMD fast ram doesn't matter
Debunked. Pic related.
Can find more, but don't even want to bother.
It's common knowledge that fast RAM helps Ryzen
Feel free to post something to prove me wrong.

Overall Ryzen benefits greatly by faster memory, modern intel benefits too, but not so much.

Model of CPU?
What is the workload? Some garbage like opening office?
This is just a bullshit graph.

Attached: Untitled.png (1114x643, 710K)

techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_8700K_Coffee_Lake_Memory_Performance_Benchmark_Analysis/6.html

I said INTEL, you dipshit. For Ryzen, dual rank > single-rank

community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/07/14/memory-oc-showdown-frequency-vs-memory-timings

Attached: pastedImage_4.png (1118x593, 40K)

yea I found it

reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/65cbz2/amd_ryzen_dualrank_memory_is_the_best_choice/

Posting with some DDR2 800Mhz.

If you don't play AAA gaymes or do video editing then it doesn't matter.

Except higher freq makes a fucking difference, you fucking retard.
And no sane person would buy toothpaste intel shit in 2018 anyway.
For Ryzen faster memory matters.
Noone was talking about ranks in the first place.

Not even gaymes, it only matters if running tons of VMs/databases on a server

I am fucking talking about ranks, you drooling retard. If you pay more for faster, single-rank RAM when you can do the same with slower, dual-rank RAM, you're a stupid faggot.

>muh overclock
How many people you know overclock? It's really not worth the stability concerns.

There are no "stability concerns" to speak of as long as you aren't stubbornly trying for an average of the frequency of what yootoob reviewers with their golden samples could reach.

b-but I ran prime95 for one week and it's stable

*citation needed

And your point is?
Higher freq dual-rank would still outperform lower freq dual-rank.
Meaning speed fucking matters.
Meaning you shouldn't just buy the cheapest shit, you fucking retard?
Are really dumb or just trying to move the goalposts?

Depending on the application you will get slightly better access times or if you're into gaymen more frames.