What can I do to not make browsers run like complete shit?

What can I do to not make browsers run like complete shit?

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Pick a god and pray.

disable javascript where not needed
disable workers (sometimes required for shady but useful services like mega)
disable serviceworkers (only used to mine bitcoins)
disable push and other notifications
disable Firefox's Reader mode
disable Firefox's pocket and sync features
disable safebrowsing
disable disk cache
disable spell-check
disable unnecessary dom features (face recognition, clipboard, etc.)
disable sessions
disable crash reporting
disable Mozilla experiments, studies, "shields", etc.
disable telemetry submission
disable telemetry collection
disable urlbar suggestions
use real applications for media instead of treating your browser like an OS
stop opening more tabs than your hardware can handle, you low-functioning autistic fuck

Get a better PC

I shouldn't have to.
thanks user

unironically use chrome

Web developer here.

Honestly just upgrade you computer. Get at least 16GB, and a modern 4 to 8 core cpu.
It's 2018, things have advanced and take more system resources. Shouldn't be a surprise.

And don't listen to any retards telling you to disable JavaScript. It's literally baked into the functionality of the vast majority of sites nowadays, so if it's disabled then you're going to run into buggy and broken websites everywhere.

>tldr - don't be cheap, upgrade your pc.

Attached: html-waifu.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

We're talking about disabling unneeded JS, not every piece of JS. If you use uMatrix, you see that all those pieces of shit from some shady 3rd party sites make about half of everything downloaded on top of the page.

>web developer here
opinion discarded

>just buy a more powerful computer so we can keep writing incompetent code
every time

This. Don't listen to the web devs. They're butthurt when the truth comes out about all the uneeded js that can be disabled which makes pages load faster and still retain functionality.

Still, better to just use an adblocker for these in most cases. I mean, it's really not even that necessary. Are you like going to buzzfeed and shit everyday? Where do you browse that has actually decent content that has that many ads and 3rd party shit?

kek, ok dude

>just buy a more powerful computer so we can keep writing incompetent code
Most devs who actually care about performance don't want to write code like that. More often than not it's just legacy bullshit code and managers / marketing that makes us add all the garbage to the sites.

>just buy a more powerful computer
>every time
It's a legit solution.
You're one of those people who expects modern websites to perform well in Internet Explorer too, aren't you?
It's not 2005 anymore, websites are more than just html, css, and a sprinkle of jquery

>Web developer here.
oh no no no

lmao do you guys actually think all web devs are pajeet-level? It's really not that bad.

i'd say install linux to free up system resources but web and linux don't really go together these days.
also install ublock origin/ad nauseam. really makes a difference.

Every single web dev is pajeet-level.

web QA here
yes.

No, most of them are worse than the average pajeet.

Do you really think disabling some js is not worth the security and speed? Do you really think sites arent usable without disabling some or most js? If so, you're retarded.

lol can confirm, IBM's QA team is mostly pajeets, so we laugh at them while they sneak smokes and food during Ramadan and the hardcore muslims yell at them.

Just use chrome, problem solved.

desu these days i only use "mainstream" sites because i was tired of cross-browser compatibility and all this antiantiadblock nonsense and news sites taking more than 10 seconds to load.
turns out a minimal set of websites works fine! all the information you could ever want at your fingertips, without ever leaving a more secure web.

i'd say chrome but it has its share of issues.
in short: it's about as stable as firefox and the same speed unless you run some chinkbook with a mech drive with win10 on it and 4gb ram on a dual core i5 or some shit.

"Mainstream" sites are the worst offenders of bloated sites. I block all js be default and rarely have to add new rules. Especially on news sites when all I need is text. And if you actually know what you're doing you wont have to deal with any antiadblocker nonsense when using ublock origin.

Well I for one actually like it when things work properly, but if you don't then cool.

Seriously, if you guys want an actual solution and aren't a poorfag, here is the recipe for a good performing experience:

>Upgrade your pc to modern specs (at least 16gb ram, 4 - 6 core cpu)
>Use a good adblocker
>Use a Raspberry Pi-Hole (like an adblocker, but blocks ads from your router so that your browser isn't even making the http requests for all the 3rd party tracking/ads/etc
>Don't browse on shitty sites
>Use FF or Chrome
>Don't disable javascript (for best web experience) -- esp. w/ adblocker and pi-hole you don't even need to worry about "extra" 3rd party javascript running and taking up resources
>Don't be autistic and browse w/ 4 windows and 58 tabs open

Attached: 1400733607989.jpg (498x482, 43K)

>Well I for one actually like it when things work properly, but if you don't then cool.
Stop acting retarded. Or is that just natural for you? Do you think disabling some js will keep me from reading an article?

Btw, I have a good computer. Disabling js isnt just for performance. I also run pfsense with pfblockerng which is better than a pihole.

Idle Firefox with 1 Twitter tab + JavaScript uses 600M and constant 10% CPU usage. There's no reason for a textual news feed to do that. Web devs are cancer.

10% cpu usage is nothing.
600MB of ram is nothing.
What's the other 90% and 7.40+gb of your ram doing?

>There's no reason for a textual news feed to do that.
Twitter is way more than a textual news feed like hacker news. There are images, video, comments, other crud application things going on, etc. etc.

I'm in FF right now, using 3 separate windows and a total of 29 tabs (Jow Forums, yt, googlemaps, and a variety of other sites) planning a trip to japan, and it's averaging 12% cpu usage and 1.6gb of ram (out of 16). I built this pc in 2012. I'm not even using an ad blocker right now.
And it's STILL running like a breeze.

Are most of you browsing on like.... 1999 Thinkpads or something?

Attached: bwainPad.jpg (596x521, 34K)

Your arguments are disjointed and make no logical connections with each other.

Point 1. You should use all your CPU, what's the other 90% doing?

Point 2. Hey look at me, I only use 12% on my shitty pc from 2012. So what's your other 88% doing then?

And you're not even addressing the problem. The problem was with Twitter using resources, not 50 random websites.

Use desktop software instead of relying on website services to everything for you.

Attached: 1532791699016.jpg (225x223, 15K)

>Use a Raspberry Pi-Hole (like an adblocker, but blocks ads from your router so that your browser isn't even making the http requests for all the 3rd party tracking/ads/etc
ubo and umatrix on not shit browsers doesn't make requests for things it blocks.

>i'd say install linux to free up system resources but web and linux don't really go together these days.
what

yes

>Don't be cheap goyim, upgrade your pc!
>Don't be surprised that your once good computer is now running like shit for some reason!
>Buy! Buy at least 16gb of ram!

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (600x600, 38K)

Install Waterfox

I'm reading your posts and realize you could actually not be baiting for replies, so yes.