pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss
CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: Altair 8800.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#Support
corsair.com/us/en/Power/Plug-Type/hxi-series-config/p/CP-9020072-NA
reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/
pcpartpicker.com/product/gv22FT/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-2933-memory-cmk16gx4m2z2933c16
pcpartpicker.com/product/p6RFf7/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3200c16
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157833
youtube.com/watch?v=ALgxTCEgqqw
youtube.com/watch?v=0JRY0Ri2VoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hello my fellow r/AMD users. Ready for another great thread?

ayyy ayyy

will a b450m (matx board) be compatible with a hxi750i PSU? It is an atx psu, my brother keeps asking me this before he sends me the PSU from home so I can power my new rig. Thanks.

asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#Support

corsair.com/us/en/Power/Plug-Type/hxi-series-config/p/CP-9020072-NA

I dont see reasons why it wouldnt. PC power supplies i think are universal to motherboards, there might be specific case size fitting PSU's but connectors are usually the same for everyone.

thats what I thought, thanks.

Anime is for gays and homosexuals

based

Take that back!

are SSDs really that important? is it worth getting a bigger SSD and no hard drive, or should i get a small SSD and a normal sized hard drive like i've seen

>intels new 8 cores work on z370
So you guys were wrong with your "dead platform" meming i see

reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/ Legit or not? What do you goys use to buy software retail keys?

I want to build a specific-built micro PC just for my DJ set up. I don't think it requires a powerful CPU at all.

> Pic related
I just want to attach a tiny screen at the top of my decks with a wireless keyboard. Should I just buy a NUC?

Attached: DDJ-1000[1].jpg (1500x893, 163K)

I want a gtx 2080 now!

depends what you mean by a bigger SSD

Sounds like you need something with good multithreading support.
Look into an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G build.

That depends on your needs and budget. Installing your OS of choice on an SSD is a huge QOL improvement.

Is it more worth to get the 3200 if the 2933 is not that more cheaper?
pcpartpicker.com/product/gv22FT/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-2933-memory-cmk16gx4m2z2933c16
pcpartpicker.com/product/p6RFf7/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3200c16

Are nvme m2 SSDs legit? I'd love to have them over conventional ones, they save a ton of space and there's no need for any cables.

Large SSDs are cheap now. Why would you get a HDD?

The smaller SSDs are more $ per Gb, so when you add on a 2TB HDD you could basically just get a 1TB SSD instead.

Would probably be best to ask some audio forum.
I'd think a laptop with a 2700U would be fine, but I don't know.

I don't understand the question.
Why would significantly more for not much more money not be worth it?

Just get a fast SATA m.2. No need for NVMe.

Is EVGA 550w GOLD enough for this?

X470
2600x
2x8GB DDR4-3000
SSD

you skipped this bit
>they save a ton of space and there's no need for any cables.
NVMe it is, namefag.

>Are nvme m2 SSDs legit?
They are faster than Sata based SSDs but you'll never notice it in normal usage. What they're made for is being a scratch disk for temporary files for when you do shit like Video editing. THAT'S when NVME drives come into their own. Otherwise, they're not worth the price increase over a sata SSD

Should be fine, just make sure it's an EVGA G2

What if it's a G3?

m.2 is a form factr. Not all m.2 SSDs are NVME drives. Most are actually Sata drives.

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

you can tell a sata or nvme m.2 drive by the key

Attached: m2-sata-nvme-ssd.jpg (320x204, 9K)

Yes but get the EVGA G3, it's an updated version and if you want some headroom 650W is nice to have.
Got that PSU for my 1600 + 1080 build.

I'm stupid, so just forget what I asked

I had this in mind.

Attached: MZ-V7P1T0BW_1.jpg (800x600, 34K)

>Fatal1ty

Jesus, did this dude just went on calling every business ever selling his name.

I remember laughing my ass of seeing this ad, thinking its the most pathetic thing ive seen, but now theres Fatal1ty motherboard and now a PSU, all by different companies.

Attached: 4E7Gdo0bJp_3wd8twYriPClRoHkzgVWQGn-y1o1noKs[1].png (930x528, 485K)

Unless you're video editing, that's a huge waste. Just get an m.2 sata drive

Again from a few threads ago. Pic related is my build. It's already set in stone, I got the case, PSU, GPU, RAM and am just waiting on this week's check for mobo/CPU to put it together but I want to be criticized harshly for my choices, as we discuss computer components.

Attached: 2018 Build.png (806x2248, 327K)

>Jesus, did this dude just went on calling every business ever selling his name.
yes. He makes money by licensing out the Fatal1ty name.

But they're more expensive.

All of the light-up shit is embarrassing, like you haven't matured at all since the age when you thought shoes that light up when you walk were the coolest thing ever. The RAM is at least $50 too expensive, and the WD Black is a rip-off meme. The SSD is slightly overpriced as well. I recently bought a 256 GB NVMe SSD for less than that, for instance.

Kudos on the reasonably priced GPU though. I was fully expecting to see some $700 "Gaymer" nonsense as I was scrolling down. As far as CPU, I am a fan of the current R7s, but especially if you are already buying your own cooler, you can save a bit of money without sacrificing anything except (potentially) binning with the non-X 2700. Do you really need such an expensive mobo? There are nice X470 boards from good manufactures for $100 less than that.

Any tips for building an HTPC?

Is it legit to have idle temps like these on a non-delid 8700 with a Hyper 212X? Can't wait to test it on load when I get a gayming card.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (709x443, 67K)

>$170 for fucking RGB E-ATX full tower
>$72 for a fucking WD Blue
>$130 for a fucking Corsair PSU when others are cheaper AND better
>muh RGB RAM that probably isn't even B-die
>worst RX580 there is
>$1500 for this shitfest probably for gaming when you could have had 2600X + 1070Ti

don't

can i get some kinda mobo + cpu + ram recommendation? have a 1080 coming in a few days

Not kawai of you.

>What do you goys use to buy software retail keys?

Kinguin until it went down the shitter, found some alternative site that offers the same for $9 in total for a W10 Pro key.

A HDD was fine after W8 came due to the quick load feature, but as of late W10 has been doing a lot of forced background updates which affects system performance and can reduce life expectancy of your HDD due to the frequent writing, if you bought a cheap brand that is.

No point in investing in a good HDD when all you gain is better reliability and close to 0 in performance gains, better to get something like a 2,5" SSD in 1TB, doesn't cost stupidly much and you gain a whole lot in performance.

niggas i have $500 to blow to finish my computer.
i have a H310M-HDV board i got cheap, and have everything else to go with it like a ssd and two disks etc.

now I can either go with i7-8086k for max epeen, or get a i5-8400 and get a ITX board with m.2 to have a sata m.2 1tb disk. i figured nvme isnt going to be as fast for me to pay same amount to get half the storage (500gb 970 evo is same price as 1tb mx500).

my rig needs a CPU, everything else is good to go. what get? I don't need a GPU as i dont game, anything more than a 1050Ti is literally haram for my use purposes.

What camera took this pic? That's pretty good.

Sell your parts and buy a thinkpad.

what are some essential programs to use when testing / benchmarking a new build?

all i have is speccy, hd tune pro and the cd's the hardware came with

i want to make sure everything is running smooth and to specification

Attached: 1393436747248.jpg (300x300, 23K)

ryzen 1600, msi bazooka B450M, vulcan 3000MHZ 8GB

Rebuilding my PC into µATX to make it easier to transport.
Recommendations for a µATX case that doesn't look like gamer shit?

Requirements:
>less than $100 burger
>good airflow
>(Not Essential) 5.25" or 3.5" bay(s)

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of B450 vs X470?

>H310-HDV
>i7-8086K
enjoy your housefire

>The RAM is at least $50 too expensive

The RAM, the 2700x Wraith Prism cooler and the RGB fans all tie it together. I don't live alone and when people come over to visit, I want them cream their pants over my build. This is my third pc build, so I wanted to go full retard and not practical.
>the WD Black is a rip-off meme.

That's where my games are installed and the extra speed makes a difference. Right before I used the WD black, I used to have a seagate and the load time improvements were more noticeable with the Black then when I upgraded to an SSD.

>but especially if you are already buying your own cooler,
2600x Ryzen is pretty close to the 2700x in terms of performance, but the 2600x has a really shitty cooler, so you NEED another solution. Overall, you only save about $30 with 2600x+additional cooler or you could just get the 2700x which comes with the best stock cooler ever paired on a cpu.

>Do you really need such an expensive mobo?
I'm on wifi, so I need a mobo with built in wifi and blue tooth. Or I'd have to poach parts from this pc, and I want to keep this pc fully functional.

Cinebench for CPU
Heaven Benchmark for GPU

BF4 is a good game to test out that everything is working well together since its hardware demands isnt one sided like most games.

Thermaltake Core V21?

I don't get these threads
>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

I'm not autistic enough to sleeve my own cables - where should I look without getting penetrated on price, brand wise and stuff? Never really looked into this before.

Should I pop in a 120mm fan in my 5.25 drive bay cage? Like pic related. Then I'd have 3 120mm fans pulling air in, surely it's gonna make a legit difference.

Attached: CA348LL_45289_800x800.jpg (800x800, 138K)

don't post in them you faggot

After 10 years of shitty laptops and console gaming I have decided to get back into pc gaming. I'm still looking at what to buy but I also need to update everything else. Any recommendations on

- 27" monitor
- Keyboard
- Mouse
- Headset

I'm keeping my old Logitech 2.1 system for now. It was only 20 bucks 11 years ago but it still works

Logitech 11 years ago for 20 bucks... Logitech LS11?

I almost bought this, but I decided to wait for the i7 9700k + GTX 1180 / 2080

Attached: 8700k1080.jpg (1127x730, 170K)

>$170 for fucking RGB E-ATX full tower
It's very fucking nice. I haven't taken pictures of it yet but bro, it's amazing. It's also 1/3 bigger than my full tower AzzA. It's yuuuge.

>$72 for a fucking WD Blue
It's BLACKED.

How would I know that or learn about it? Nothing in the reviews or video reviews said anything about B-die.

>$1500 for this shitfest probably for gaming when you could have had 2600X + 1070Ti
I already made my case for the 2600x, it just isn't as good as 2700x and only slightly cheaper when you add a separate cooler.

>2600x Ryzen is pretty close to the 2700x in terms of performance, but the 2600x has a really shitty cooler, so you NEED another solution. Overall, you only save about $30 with 2600x+additional cooler or you could just get the 2700x which comes with the best stock cooler ever paired on a cpu.
Reasonable, but I was talking about the 2700, not the 2600X. I think the 2600X has the same cooler that the 2700 comes with though, so if you aren't using your own HSF and neither CPU is deeply discounted, the 2700X might make more sense as you suggest.
Due to recent sales I got a 2700 for $100 less than the current 2700X price, so the 2700 made more sense to me at the time. The cooler that comes with the 2700 (Wraith Spire) doesn't seem "really shitty" to me, it seems like the equivalent of a $30 brand-name HSF. The Wraith Prism is better, and probably is indeed the "best stock cooler" ever. IDK how much they sell for in the resale market but it's probably a bit over $40.

>I'm on wifi, so I need a mobo with built in wifi and blue tooth.
Save yourself a bundle newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157833

Buy that setup
skip gigabyte (their cards are shit) 1080 for Strix 1180 when it comes out
ugrade to 5nm CPUs in 2022
that 8700k will certainly last you for 4 years.

And get a Dark Rock Pro 4 for god's sake, that cooler looks gaudy with the rest of your setup. Also get a 1440p 144hz IPS monitor to go with your future 1180.

Don't mind that nigger, the RMx series are top tier PSUs. Keep your build, don't mind Jow Forums's shit opinions on pc cases either. They all jack off over plain shitboxes with no windows or RGB.

X230

Maybe it was 30€ but not more

>$350 for a 6 core, 3.7 GHz processor

You can also get a 256 GB NVMe M.2 SSD for half that price if you look harder.

>WD Black
Meme HDD. Standard Desktop Toshiba P300 or HGST Deskstar NAS would have been better.
>How would I know that or learn about it?
>buy Ryzen
>don't even know what B-die is
You're in for a fun time.
>I already made my case for the 2600x, it just isn't as good as 2700x and only slightly cheaper when you add a separate cooler.
???
You don't really need an additional cooler. If you want to get the maximum out of either 2600X or 2700X and have good temps at the same time you require an aftermarket cooler regardless.
That argument doesn't make sense.

>top tier
Lmao no. Top tier are EVGA and Seasonic platinum series.
Anyways, EVGA G3 is better and cheaper, Seasonic Focus is equal and much cheaper and Seasonic Prime takes a shit on the Corsair.

FUCK guys the screwdriver touched the motherboard

its fucking over isint it

just tossed all my parts in the garbage, going to wait for ryzen 7nm and try again

2600X/2700X, B450 Gaming Pro Carbon (cheaper MSI B450 boards are good too but they have worse VRMs), X470 Gaming Plus or any X470 from Asus that's not the Tuf and a 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 kit

It's from this, no idea on the camera used
youtube.com/watch?v=ALgxTCEgqqw

It's fine as long as the PC isn't on

New rig getting shipped monday HYPE

>1440p
>1080ti

>2160p
>Vega 64

what the fuck is wrong with you faggots?

Attached: Stop.jpg (615x477, 100K)

Ah too bad, would have been nice to see someone else still using them too

Objective truth post

Attached: 1532923945347.jpg (2048x1218, 140K)

It's amd propaganda. This thread is full of drones

This is like the brain meme that you put them on the opposite order.

>Looked for best bang for buck
>Bought Asus, EVGA, and ASRock without knowing anything about good brands
Feels good

wut.
m.2 sata drives are cheaper. wtf are you on about.

Seconding the Core V21. Subdued design, great airflow (200mm fan at the front), lots of space to work with inside. Only issue is that the footprint is not exactly what you would call "compact". If you have carpet, then this thing is going to take up a not-insignificant amount of desk space, and it's debatable how much easier it is to transport. Another option is the Versa H15, which is sort of a mini tower with a smaller footprint, but again, portability improvements are debatable.

If you really want to improve portability, then go for mini-ITX. Otherwise it's probably not really worth it at all if you're coming from a standard ATX build.

Attached: CoreV21-battlestation.jpg (1600x900, 156K)

Could you recommend me one? Unless it has very similar specs to the 970 Evo I'd rather not save just $50 for a downgrade
>$350 for a 6 core, 3.7 GHz processor
While I don't exactly need more cores, I'm waiting for the 9700k simply because it would last longer while having the same single-thread performance. If I really needed more cores I'd get a 2700X or even wait for the 2950X.

>skip gigabyte (their cards are shit)
Will look into it, thanks.
>Buy that setup
>that 8700k will certainly last you for 4 years
I'm suppressing the urge to buy it right now because the 8 core 9700k would simply last more and have a similar price. If not, then I suppose I can get the 8700k at a discount when the newer ones launch.
>that cooler looks gaudy with the rest of your setup
I agree, this setup is turning out to be quite sober with minimal led rbg shit and this cooler doesn't mix in very well, but it's the best I could find here (except for the Noctua NH-D15, which is about $250 here, lmao). Anyway, it wouldn't bother me much, as the DS230 does not have a window.

>???
>You don't really need an additional cooler. If you want to get the maximum out of either 2600X or 2700X and have good temps at the same time you require an aftermarket cooler regardless. That argument doesn't make sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=0JRY0Ri2VoM

Others would disagree and they all say the wraith prism cooler is equally as good as any $30-$40 cooler. The math doesn't lie and I have seen dozens of comparison videos. If I wanted a better performing cooler, I'd have to spend more AND they wouldn't look as nice. I'm going to run the 2700x at 4.0mhz, which won't cause it to heat up in summer temps. Trying to match intel's house fire inducing voltage speeds isn't what Ryzen is about.

There's no point in buying an SSD from anyone other than Samsung and Crucial right?

He's just shilling, it performs like a H7 Quad

>Unless it has very similar specs to the 970 Evo I'd rather not save just $50 for a downgrade
Fine, but it's overkill. The max R/W speeds on the 970 will be twice as fast as the cheap NVMe Gen3 x2 SSDs. Will you ever use it? Only if you are doing one of a few very specific kinds of work.

Thanks for the suggestions anons

I think I found the most ricer pc case in existence, what on earth can top this?

Attached: Mofotech-Reaper-XT-700-Full-tower-Aluminium.jpg (990x1000, 125K)

That's a Chinese copy of the Cougar Conquer

You don't really need 16GB of RAM nowadays, right? Got an i5 and 1070, gaming at 1440p 144Hz

You can get away with a 550W PSU, no need to spend $140. Got myself an EVGA P3 and it's great

G3*

>Others would disagree and they all say the wraith prism cooler is equally as good as any $30-$40 cooler
Wich is true. Those coolers are good, you didn't understand what I told you.
If you want both maximum OC and good temps you need an aftermarket cooler regardless. Sure the Wraith and Prism will do just fine but I want more than just fine.
Point is, if you want that you have to buy one regardless whether you have a 2600X or 2700X.
>I'm going to run the 2700x at 4.0mhz
Eh.. might as well not touch it and let XFR do the job.

Fuck off, retard. Not my problem you can't read.

Hey guys, I need a gaming computer recommendation. I have about $900USD to spend. No monitor needed, I have one from a cousin. The problem is, it's needs to be something small enough that I can put it in some luggage when I leave the US in 8 months. So something that fits in mini-atx form factor or around that would be great. This is also my first time building a PC so I would appreciate any recommendations.

Attached: giphy.gif (627x502, 941K)

where can i find my monitor specs?

have you tried surfing the web

I've been doing some research on this and it seems that older Ryzen cpus and x370 mobos were running incorrectly with Trident Z ram and causing some of them to die. The x470 Taichi mobo I'm going to buy supports Trident Z 3200 out of the box. Scanning the reviews section on Amazon and Newegg doesn't reveal anything that suggests the Taichi x470 mobo kills RAM. But at least now I'm aware what "could" go wrong in the worst case scenario.

nvm found option for 60 hz or 75 hz

Is the jump from the R5 1600 to the R5 2600 worth the 80 dollar difference and extra 60 for the motherboard?

is a gtx 970 enough for 1080p gaming @144hz?