Soldered, boosts to 4700 Mhz on all cores out of the box, 8 cores 16 threads, incinerates the competition

Soldered, boosts to 4700 Mhz on all cores out of the box, 8 cores 16 threads, incinerates the competition.

Find a flaw

Attached: 9900k.jpg (2261x1603, 192K)

It's expensive compared to the competition.

Attached: XPS 8700.png (608x865, 375K)

Too late.

>incinerates the competition.
and your house

Poor people eat poor people's food, decent people eat decent food, that's the way it is.

did you purchase this ?

4% faster than i7

Up to 50% faster than 9700k

Meltdown
Spectre V1, V2, V3, ..., Vn

>Find a flaw

Attached: jer01nov14BAZ.jpg (1500x1054, 145K)

>Find a flaw
It is not 300$ CPU.

No one's going to steal your CPU cache 1 byte at an hour, silly

/thread

My office job has like 8 of these exact computers

>Find a flaw
>that intel will fix
there isn't any.

Sub 0.1% yield cracked dies.

Attached: 1525378490270.jpg (680x590, 39K)

>Find a flaw

Soldered.

I bet you love fish sticks.

Maybe you should read up on stuff boy.

700$, monolithic die that cracks easily under the thermal cycling, 14nm++++, needs a very high end motherboard, over 240w of power draw under full load and boost clocks, 16 pcie lanes.
Why would i bother when i could get 16 cores from AMD and 64 lanes?

Not quite, it's actually the opposite for most of the time. Rich people unlike poor people understand food is the biggest financial drain affecting us right now. Poor people on average spend like $10 on some shitty over-caffeinated beverage in the morning, then buy a fancy $20 lunch somewhere and a $20 dinner before they slop in bed to repeat the cycle all over.

Now that may not seem like much but after a month it becomes $1,500, after a year $18,000, after a decade $180K and so on and so on. There are places where people survive on $5 a day and half of that goes to rent/bills. Think about that.

Cannibalising your server line to make consumer processors.

>i7-7740X

So the next time you want to dine at denny's, ask yourself if you'd rather save $19 and dine with a bowl of noodles with some hard boiled eggs.

It doesn't exist yet.

Housefire.
>cracks easily under the thermal cycling
Name a single time in this century this has ever happened to someone in the world .

Will buy

>700$ monolithic die
What?
>Cracks easily
They wouldn't use solder if it did
>14nm++
Yeah it's old but still kicks AMD ass until 7nm
>Need a high end motherboard
Nope
>over 240w of power draw under full load and boost clocks
Overclocked to 5.2-5.5 Ghz, true.
>16 pcie lanes.
No, it's 24 like Z370

>Name a single time in this century this has ever happened to someone in the world
Not him but still there hasn't ever really been an issue but oh no there this single article about it showing how a CPU develops micro cracks after being taken from -55c to 125c a few hundred times well out of operating temperature so damn soldering must be bad

That's very cheap.

>the absolute state of intel

Attached: Hailea%20Chiller[1].jpg (1236x769, 198K)

The cracks are a result of the fab process and increase electrical resistance so you have to pump more voltage to make the chip work.

>incinerates
you mean the 4.8% lead over the 2700x and the 6% lead over 8700k and probably like 200% more expensive?

yeah lol

>a bowl of noodles with some hard boiled eggs.
Sounds tasty actually

Nah, you can improve the flavor with basil, a pinch of crushed thyme, 1/4 of a can of low-sodium SPAM (diced), and sauteed minced garlic. Add the egg, garlic, and SPAM before adding the hot water. Add the basil leaf and thyme after all the water's been added.

The price. It's sky high compared to only slightly lower performing options.

>up to
4% qualifies as "up to 50%"

meanwhile in reality

>Zen 3000 comes out
>3700X 8c16t clocks to 4.7 Ghz
>Half the price of 9900K
>Performs better than it

Intel is bankrupt

>people are STILL thinking that 7nm is going to be only 15% faster than 12nm

10% faster.
50% higher cost

>people are STILL thinking that 7nm is going to be faster at all
Just better power efficiency and will be limited by the RAM speed anyway.

This is a last ditch attempt to scupper the 2xxx line before 7nm. Intel is all about chest beating. Meanwhile AMD calmly make actual progress.

is 7nm the pinnacle?

No 5nm is. After that it gets very tricky. I doubt there will be much after that until carbon is fixed (or quantum PC's appear which is unlikely).

add thing that where already a thing, bring things that were already a thing, still bump prices

kys nigger

The flaw is that OP's picture is how many they actually made

14++ and new layout is why it boosts to 4.7ghz.

Kabylake ULV -> Kabylake-R were an increase in mhz without changing the process

14++++ from 14++?

5.5ghz 8700K -> 10900K 5.7ghz?

all intel does between CPU revisions is add 100-200mhz and change chipsets

You know the "+" is just 32gibees of optane right pajeet?

>monolithic
Well worth the latency benefits.

>Soldered

Attached: 1449229171632.png (798x770, 676K)

>incinerates
Heh.

Attached: H7MO_house_fire.jpg (720x405, 304K)

Spectre/Meltdown

I came here to post this.

A
FUCKING
CHILLER

>no need to upgrade motherboard

Momma Su estimates a 10-15% increase in performance from Zen+ to Zen2, GloFo announced a 40% increase in performance for their 7nm process, compared to their 14nm, at the same power envelope, or a 60% decrease in power consumption, at the same performance specification. As for memory compatibility, it is improving. I was running some trident z non RGB 16gb cl 16 rated at 3200mhz, but could only run it as high as 2900mhz. Now it's running at its rated speed, with the latest BIOS.

Granted, though, Zen2 will be fabricated by TSMC, whose process is closer to INTEL's 14nm in terms of density, as opposed to GloFo's, which is closer to INTEL's 10nm. I'm really looking forward to Ryzen 3xxx, or better yet, a TR 3920X. That's what I've been holding out for quite a while now.

Attached: fireball2-720x598.jpg (720x598, 39K)

Dual-Channel DDR4 is a botteneck for real-world for a eight-core chip. 16x PCIe lanes is a joke for such a platform.

Get the bloody obtainable 8600K and 8700K if you care about your shitty gayming. Get an Threadripper if you actually use your system for real work.

9900K = Phantom Edition/Extreme Edition non-sense that its main purpose to trying to stall "gaymers" from jumping onto Ryzen platform.

doesn't that technically mean that if you put in any add-in cards of any kind, you'd be directly affecting the bandwidth between your gpu and cpu?

Sudden Death syndrome from overvolted/overclocked chips.

9900K is going to be the next Pentium III 1.13Ghz debacle. OEMs are going to be put in systems that don't have power/thermal capacity to handle it at full load.

For workloads that actually harness more than four-threads tend to be memory bandwidth on mainstream chips. That's kinda why getting factory overclock yields noticeable benefits to Coffee Lake, Ryzen 5 and 7 chips under such workloads.

I suspect that i7-7820K (Skylake-X) will managed to beat the 9900K at professional-tier shit.

i moreso meant that gpus use 16 lanes simply on its own

Price goes 200$ up because water is the new air and liquid cooling is now mandatory..

$10 for coffee? I pay the same for a kilo of fresh ground coffee powder, the best quality mind you, and it lasts 1-2 months. Amerimutts are retarded.

They don't even fully use 16 PCI-E2.0. And 3.0 is double of 2.0.

>muh 1ns better latency
is this the new party line from intel shills now that everything else doesn't matter?

People have different use cases.
>REEEEEE BUY MY SHIT YOU DON'T NEED THIS

Will loose 15% of its IPC to next-gen and next-next-gen spectre fixes.

/thread