Best site for domains?

I’ve just started a little independent business and I’ve been bombarded by letters of companies wanting me to register a domain for my business

What’s Jow Forumss recommendation for domain services? Godaddy seems to be the most popular one

Attached: CFDACB4A-9907-4FDC-9068-93907B15FC7B.jpg (649x360, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buyshared.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ppl recomend namecheap here over godaddy.

but 2 years ago i set up my first website (also for a small biz, first ever try) and just went with godaddy. have had no problems, it just werks.

just google godaddy scam to convince yourself not to use them.

Just use namecheap.

Godaddy is a shitty registrar for moms and pops. Are you one of those?

Never EVER use godaddy, for the love of god.

I personally use name.com but I've heard namecheap is good as well.

What about Google botnet domains?

How exactly do you own a domain? What stops someone from setting up their own domain...etc retardation...

That would depend on what you need it for. Hosting space for a personal website can easily be acquired for free on sites like GitHub or Neocities, but if you're trying to start a site that will deal with user data (like a message board or social media site), only then you will need server space.

Namesilo
Internetbs
you're welcome.

Namecheap.
Also, regardless of the registrar you end up choosing, get WHOIS protection or you'll get bombarded with spam emails.
If you need to build an actual website still, I recommend Squarespace. They sell domains and have a website builder tool.

I use name.com
In reality it doesn't really matter, check for domain transfer fees, renewals fees and ease of set up, that's all you need to know.

Also, stop declaring yourself as a new and independent business. you'll have vultures around you all the time.

Anything but gonigger

Anything but those kikes, I bought a domain and after it started getting popular those fucks wanted me to pay 10 times the original price as a "renewal fee", something that wasn't specified in any term of agreement or contract which was obviously them trying to bullshit an excuse for me to pay them that ammount for no reason.

Google Domains.

FREENOM
R
E
E
N
O
M

I use hostgator for my creepy ass website and it seems fine so far. I don't get any visitors though so idfk

well i recently bought a name from namecheap for a buck, ran into some trouble with their automated system took a couple days to unfreeze my shit but other than that it just werks. a lot of documentation on their site too.

Njalla.

/thread

Almost all stolen domains get stolen from godaddy. Im pretty sure they have literal domain thieves working there.

I prefer namecheap. My second pick is Gandi, but I dont like their new interface and slow support.

buyshared.net

How did all these greedy babby corporation get all these domain names? Did they just buy out all the possible letter/number combinations? I just want to have a domain translate to my IP, nothing more, nothing less. Can I actually OWN (or rent from some kind of official domain authority) a domain name?

>Can I actually OWN
no. any domain can be seized for nearly any reason, you have at least two intermediaries (icann/verisign/tld people, and domain registrars) with veto power over "your" website.

Is it standard practice in the registrar industry to up the re-registering price once a domain gets popular?

Our sites on go daddy have gotten way more expensive, but all the new traffic is coming from fucking russian hackers (I can see their CoO and pages accessed in the log dashboard)

this, pirate bay founder, email addr required, accepts monero

This

I receive godaddy spam at least three times a day. Why would I give money to a company who actively PAYS CRIMINALS to bombard me with spam and ads. Fuck. That. Shit.

just for the domain name, they can't touch the server you host on. why wouldn't they have veto power? you're using their servers for name lookups

Namesilo is the cheapest and also has good service. I've seen a lot of people moving away from Namecheap (who are anything but cheap these days) to Namesilo. Avoid GoDaddy at all costs.

GoDaddy just want to separate you from your money.

They where the main sponsor on TechZilla, so silly me, I registered my first websites with them. Besides, they they offered free hosting, so that sounded a good idea at the time. At renewal, they made the same promises, I even checked with their technical support to confirm. Later (in the middle of the contract) they decided on their own that people should pay for hosting, so after 6 months of a yearly renewal, the site was down. (oh they didn't forget to replace that with an ad for GoDaddy these motherfuckers). I had to move on.

When you register/update, whenever you access their interface, they display additional check boxes all the time to confuse you into paying for services that you don't need.

I don't put all my eggs in one basket anymore. Not the same company for DNS, email, hosting etc. Even though it means several interfaces to use.

BTW, Hover (registration + DNS) offers privacy for free in their package. It's an expensive option with GoDaddy, of course.

For basic static website, you can use GitHub as a host. A single 1 for free though.

anything but godaddy

I think my post about namecheap got deleted by mods.
Is namecheap sponsoring Jow Forums?
where can I find the archive of this thread?

You can own some country domain names. The registry of Austria for example literally does nothing.

Gandi > NameCheap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GoDaddy.

i hate namecheap. i bought a domain from them and two days later they confiscated it and said it wasnt for sale. pretty sure thats illegal.