pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss
CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: ZUHkfCi.jpg (3504x2628, 2.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

rentry.co/pcbg-FAQ
kitguru.net/components/cases/leo-waldock/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-chassis-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=dt5CNi0aEpI
gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf
ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Newsync-B322QHD-Plus-WQHD-2560-x-1440-FreeSync-ADS-IPS-32-Monitor/222598305788?epid=2151137587&hash=item33d3e497fc:g:5csAAOSwGzxZfpIs&_ssn=dream-seller&_nkw=ips&_sacat=0&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m4084.l1313
amazon.ca/DP2710-LED-2560x1440-Samsung-DVI-Dual/dp/B00CB8RQ2Y
pcpartpicker.com/list/gfwQfH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The OP is pretty cluttered nowadays

Figures I make this wall of text before a new thread.

Instead of just perpetually waiting for new gen over and over, I'm aiming to build a middle of the road pc for every day use and games. I've been using a 1440p 60hz monitor and a 3gb HD 7950 with an i5-3570K. Since I put this together around 4-5 years ago, it's served me very well however it's starting to show it's age. I also really don't like my case since it's super bulky and ricey, so I want to go with something more understated.

With gpu prices being what they are, and especially in Australia, I've managed to find a brand new Asus 1070ti for close to $650 on ebay. This is about $300 more than I paid for my Radeon back in the day, but I feel like it's a better card and worth the price, especially for 1440p. A 1060 6gb might be ok, and it's certainly cheaper, but I've learned that saving money on other components and splurging on a better grafixx card is the way to go for gaming.

My big decision rests now with cpu/mobo/ram. My 2 initial choices would be AMD r5 2600x OR if I stay with intel, the i5 8600k. I did get some overclocking on my old i5 so I do want an unlocked cpu, however the price difference isn't huge between the 2 (it seems to get noticeably different when comparing the i7 and r7). I'm mostly certain that I don't want to go up to the next tier, but I'm mostly concerned with stability. It seems that left and right people are having issues with Ryzen cpus, particularly getting them to post when tinkering with ram, overclocking, general stability and all the bios updates. This is purely anecdotal, but I've NEVER had an issue with Intel cpu's. They just werk out of the box it seems, but some mates who have AMD always have some minor issue here or there. One guy even experiences constant crashes with Pubg on his r5 1600, for example.

Future proofing isn't a big deal for me, since even a pretty middle of the road PC lasted so long for me, so I don't mind doing the same again. What do you guys think?

I only read the first and last sentence. Sure.

How do I get this case

You gotta remember 6 years ago when you would've built your system the Aussie dollar was buying almost $1.10usd at its peak. That was the best time for PC building here,and I'm still using my 3930k/X79 system from that period.
Looking at your intention I'd say you're on the right path with a 1070ti as a 1440p card. PC Case Gear just dropped the price of their 1070ti range (now basically 1070 pricing) and have a Gigabyte Windforce for $599 that's worth a mention.
As for CPU, out of those I'd go with a 2600X on a B450. Just much better value than an 8600k/Z370, and still good value even taking 3200mhz CL14 memory into account. But definitely pay attention to memory QVL on what ever board you choose.

Between inadequate VRMs and toothpaste, Intel platforms really aren't that stable (when overclocking, duh) until you drop a lot more money

Cemu runs on a 2700X perfectly fine, for at least 30fps in the most poorly emulated and running games and around 60 in some others.

AMD GPUs are as fine as anything else in PCSX2 and RPCS3 since they use Vulkan now days, but for Cemu you should use an Nvidia GPU as it's OpenGL only and just doesn't seem well optimized.

What would you suggest to change?
Could probably remove the line about locking FPS on non-Gsync monitors since that's more of an issue that comes up on slower response IPS and not TN.

Relative to the time, a 1070Ti is *not* a better card today than the 7950 was 7 years ago. Just what? That statement makes me want to throw up in my mouth.
A 7970 was the best card you could get for the time, and was a massive leap ahead of previous generations at the time. It remained relevant for a long time. 7950 wasn't much worse. It took Nvidia 3 generations to finally catch up and really surpass it with Maxwell.

And if you're looking for something to last you a long time, you also have to keep in mind that your monitor may die, and you'd probably wind up shopping for a 10bit HDR monitor, only to find out you get a 10% drop in performance with Nvidia cards using 10bit color.

Also I see Strix Vega 56 from PCCG for only $10 more than that ebay 1070Ti you found, so not sure why the 1070Ti is even a consideration when you can get Vega 56 for the same price.

I have $16.000(no joking) and want to buy a powerful gaming PC.
And no, I can't afford a car, because I am one-eyed man.

pcsx2 doesn't have vulkan

Hire a negro to steal one

So if I want to get a 144hz monitor, mostly for competitive fps shit like pubg and cs, sometimes single player games , should I bother looking for an IPS monitor? Is display lag really a matter?
should I stick with 1080p?
can you guys give any recommendations arround 24"?

Ah sorry you're right. It's Dolphin which has Vulkan support. Disregard that.

Really funny [spoiler]no[/spoiler].

here, GPU is gtx980

>What would you suggest to change?
Motherboard section doesn't mention anything about VRMs
The GPU section goes off into mostly irrelevant tangents that don't help new buyers understand the hardware (e.g. mentioning FreeSync when it's already in the monitor section)
"Consider StoreMi" is very undescriptive

Titan V is a fucking joke

>so not sure why the 1070Ti is even a consideration when you can get Vega 56 for the same price.

this is some dejavu moment right here. i remember idiots saying this exact same shit last gen
>just buy the fury/x
>it doesn't matter if it uses more power than the 980 ti!
>it doesn't matter it has worse performance than the 980 ti according to the vast majority of reviews!
>it doesn't matter that no reviewer recommends it for even the same price as the 980 ti! they're all nvidia paid shills!
>just wait for dx12 to take off!

putting aside the obvious issues the fury had which the vega lineup doesn't such as only 4gb hbm, it's still mirrors the exact situation last gen. no one even talks about the fury series now because performance for it dropped off so hard even in games which don't push its vram limit. a fucking 970 beats out a fury x in recent games like yakuza 0 which at max 4k with 2xssaa uses only 2gb vram. it gains a bit of performance at 4k but has seriously dropped away from the 980 ti stock. i legit can't think of a single reason i could recommend vega to anyone right now for games right now at less say 1440p60 which is a standard popular resolution even in the midrange now. the 1070 ti is cheaper pretty much the world over, will provide more consistent performance and has all the benefits of nvidia and their game dev partnerships and their fancy software the casual gamers love. also it's been a whole 3 years since these people said dx12 would take off and it's more dead in the water now than it was then. it was at least in the news back then. now it's completely dead.

Somewhat agree with this. Although I get the feeling Titan V is intended as a joke, the same way 4k gaming is a joke.

The problem is that the people coming to these threads range from mildly competent to brain-dead
It's only a joke when you know not to take it seriously

What you should be looking for in cheap external gaming storage? Why do people generally don't recommend 5400rpm drives when current gen consoles do just fine even with things like picrelated?

Attached: 4582002cv1d.jpg (881x1000, 498K)

Terabyte SSD

Response time is NOT input latency. No, it makes no difference for how quick the monitor reacts to display changes based on your input.
The improved contrast and clarity can give an advantage.

The only thing you should really look for is blur reduction features.

>Motherboard section doesn't mention anything about VRMs
I've been trying to make an FAQ for this and to include that. rentry.co/pcbg-FAQ And although I have a good deal of knowledge, I have trouble writing things concisely enough.
It's also missing citations for a number of issues listed etc.
>"Consider StoreMi" is very undescriptive
2000 character limit. It should say to consider StoreMi or another tiered caching solution which can improve the life of both drives and speed things up without you manually moving things around.

Idk I never recommended the Fury X. Its memory controller was not good and suffered similarly to the way GTX 970 did. Often in the same games.
But it does remain a decent 1440p card if you can keep VRAM down. IIRC, it was like 8% slower than the 980Ti at the time, right? But now days I've seen recent benchmarks putting it a few % ahead, so that advice wasn't totally wrong if you could get the Fury X for around the same price and save getting Freesync.
>a fucking 970 beats out a fury x in recent games like yakuza 0
That's pretty cherry picked. I'm going by average performance. But sure, I'd agree that consistent performance is more important than averages that hide outliers

The problem is that a lot of people have this expectation of playing games on ultra/maxed. The 1080Ti doesn't do that.
It's sort of to say that people need to set their expectations lower right from the start that they'll need to turn settings down, or play at 1620-1800p upscaled.
Only the Titan V does 60fps maxed in a wide range of games. 1080ti can't even manage 60fps 4k maxed on old games like Fallout4, or even a lot of highly optimized racing games, etc.

Is this case good?

Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Compact Mid-Tower Case

Attached: CHACOR0402__6.jpg (760x760, 77K)

Hello /pcbg/
I need a modern case for a mid-range i5 skylake rig with decent dust protection and some space to grow. Currently looking for an NZXT S340 Elite/H500, are these a good choice (also which one is better in the long run)?

Attached: af3d9794-e8cb-48a3-a664-42e30f5145e8.png (1000x560, 830K)

Is there any point in getting the M.2 version of the 860 EVO?

H500 supercedes S340

Believe me, even previous generation consoles like XB360 and PS3 benefit substantially from high speed storage.

What's the best mATX B450 board out there right now?

I can upgrade my components as needed. But right now, I want a motherboard that I won't have to replace for years.

I personally run that case, as it's the smallest case I could find that could fit an eATX motherboard and still have substantial watercooling support.
It flows a good deal of air and has good filtration although the front filter is a bit finicky to get to.
All in all its a well built compact atx case

Aesthetics and/or convenience of not having extra cables
B450 mortar is pre gud

MSI Mortar.
Cable management and build neatness.

if it was 8% slower then it's even more slower now. and there was nothing wrong with the memory controller. it had so much bandwidth it kept a lot of performance compared to something like a 980 ti with only 7gbps gddr5 and a 384bit memory bus. the problems were all inherently from the architecture and also the drivers. the vega series has the exact same issues the fury x has architecture wise. clock for clock vega is only marginally better than the fury x. anyone who went with a 980 ti last gen is loving it right now because at stock they have essentially 1070 performance and they can gain an extra ~15% performance from core OC alone due to maxwells brilliant overclocking capabilities.

i'm betting now that vega won't age well. we already have sites like computerbase doing in depth analysis and saying it hasn't aged anywhere near as well as previous amd architectures. we already have evidence of polaris and the rx 480 falling away from the gtx 1060 6gb for which the 580 was needed to close the gap again.

Then a b450 or x470 is your best bet given AM4 will be supported in the future
If you weren't a fucking retard and just answered our questions we could help you more, fuck off

Fucking hivemind

>it kept a lot of performance
at 4k*

Yeah I know but what H500 could offer design wise compared to S340 E? Are there any trade-offs and quirks?

Anyone know what the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE comes with? I know it comes with 2 140mm fans, but I couldn't find any review that talks about the accessories it comes with.

Basically what's pictured, plus the fans you speak of.

Attached: Phanteks-Enthoo-Pro-M-KitGuru-Review-Box-1.jpg (1024x1012, 335K)

kitguru.net/components/cases/leo-waldock/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-chassis-review/

Stock, the Fury X seems to be well ahead of the 980Ti from what I can find.
But the 980Ti consumes less power, and you can get more out of an OC at still roughly the stock power consumption of the Fury X.

But again, like I said, I never recommended the Fury X as I saw its issues and how it was a very incomplete architecturer. I don't see those issues in Vega, and Gsync vs Freesync and HDR 10 looming have become extremely contentious points with AMD winning in both.

>Stock, the Fury X seems to be well ahead of the 980Ti from what I can find.
fuck knows what you're looking at. every review on launch had the fury x as slower than the 980 ti and that's where its bad rep started. it needed a water cooler and was still slower.

>Gsync vs Freesync and HDR 10 looming have become extremely contentious points with AMD winning in both.
it's all about the games. the most common refresh rate is 60hz on steam and most people aren't seeking high refresh adaptive sync monitors aside from enthusiasts. also HDR is literally the dx12 meme all over again. most people don't care for it and devs won't put any effort into it. HDR support right now is garbage anyway even in big budget games like bf1 where everything loses detail due to the excessive HDR color profiles. the tech chap has a video on this. also you can almost be sure that nvidia will have gameworks HDR or some shit which again will make HDR go in their favour. as i said before i legit cannot find any reasons to recommend vega.

also i find it pretty ironic that people can recommend both ryzen and vega. on the one hand they praise ryzen for its low power consumption, cool operating temps and its vastly superior performance in 90% of applications everyone uses. then they also recommend vega which is known for its sub-par power consumption in comparison to the competition, runs much hotter than the competition (like for like nvidia and amd coolers are much beefier on amd cards with bigger heatsinks) and also runs worse in 90% of the games everyone is playing today. it's a clear case of double standards and ryzen should be praised for those merits but vega shouldn't be given a free pass for its failings otherwise you have that intel fan mentality.

The Vega 56 is a worse card than the 1070ti, what are you on about?

>every review on launch had the fury x as slower than the 980 ti
I'm not sure what about what I wrote is confusing to you.
I said the same thing that, at launch, the 980 ti was something like 8% faster.
But now days I'm seeing results of the Fury X being 3-5% faster.
So the Fury X made up for a lot of lost ground and surpassed the 980Ti. And iirc, it was cheaper.
Except the 980Ti overclocked better to end up still a bit worth its price.

But regardless, Vega isn't Fury.

It's not, though. What are you on about?
Are you comparing reference blower 56 or something retarded like that? A card you literally can't even buy for many months now, as it was replaced with better AIB models?

About to pull the trigger. I'll be upgrading the monitor to something better shortly.

Will the PSU I've selected be good enough to power everything without any issues?

Attached: 98.png (728x969, 205K)

Hard to really say without prices, but it seems fine enough.
And yes, 650W is enough for an 8700k and 1080Ti plus storage and other things.

Only major thing is that I wouldn't recommend an ultrashort monitor. Why are you shorting yourself out of 360 horizontal lines like that?

Is he right?

youtube.com/watch?v=dt5CNi0aEpI

Definitely get a better motherboard, the VRM in the Z370 HD3 is lack lustre for a 6 core i7. And either upgrade your monitor to a 3440x1440 or downgrade you card to a 1070. A 1080ti on a 1080p monitor is throwing money away.
Rest of it's pretty good.

What's the point of the visible PSU? Don't you typically install them so that it exhausts out the bottom, making it visibly upside down?

Attached: 1487656716480.jpg (374x374, 40K)

For a start, they intake on the bottom and exhaust out the back. Secondly, I guess it'd be to show off your the over the top wattage of your high end PSU printed on the side. Really the only thing that needs to be hidden on a PSU in a build is the cable mess on the front and the data sheet that's usually stuck on the opposite side to the intake.

>they intake on the bottom and exhaust out the back
Ah yeah, forgot about that. Even then, I just find it weird that they do that despite the optimal configuration being the PSU intaking air from outside the case.

Also, the writing on each side of a PSU is upside down to each other, meaning no matter whether it's pulling air from top or bottom, the writing will be visably correct for a non inverted case.

Depends, sometimes it makes sense to have the PSU pull air from inside the case, especially when the case is sitting on carpet. Obviously this isn't really an option anyway with fixed shrouded cases like the one in question.
There's also a few examples where the PSU is also acting as the case's exhaust.

>What's the point of the visible PSU?
Literally just ricing.

But desu, I don't like bottom mount with shroud. The sort of PSU show off rice I like is like the Lian Li PC-05. Too bad it's actually shit and overpriced, but overall a good layout that I wish more cases had.

Shit, I've done 3 builds and I have never even noticed that. Thank you.

Yeah, that would make sense. The only worry I'd have with that I guess is that your PSU would be hotter, but I'm not sure if that would make that big of a difference.

>The only worry I'd have with that I guess is that your PSU would be hotter, but I'm not sure if that would make that big of a difference
It's something that's often brought up with concern, but really the temp inside your case isn't enough to cook a PSU. At worse the PSU fan might spin proportionately faster to regulate a similar temp,but unless your case interior is >60°C I doubt there'll ever be an issue (unless you've bought a P.O.S. PSU like a Corsair RM-X)

Anyone have any experience building in the inwin 101 or 101c? I really like the aesthetics of this case, however air flow is a concern for me.

Seems that intake is on the bottom of the case. Fine for me since I keep my pc on a desk, and it's filtered which is great. But when I look at it, having intake fans directly blowing air into the gpu will probably be great for gpu temps, the hot air it creates will go up and over the rest of the mobo/ram/cpu etc. Then it seems there is exhaust set up on the side and the rear of the case.

Does this create a system where parts are starved for air? Also, would having an AIO cpu cooler exhausting air on the side of the case heat your cpu more since warm air is being exhausted through the rad?

Attached: inwin-101-0039.jpg (1000x667, 184K)

Thinking of buying the following for a Linux-based NAS/VM/TV server build. Any potential issues?

>Ryzen 7 1700
>Asus PRIME X370-Pro
>2x 8 GiB DDR4 2666 MHz ECC dual rank UDIMM
>CX450M PSU
>Fractal Design Define R5

I already have some SSDs, a 2 port SATA controller and a TV tuner card lying around. For HDDs I was thinking 10 TB WD reds in RAIDZ2, maybe 8 of them.

Correction, it's the Corsair CX-M I was thinking of as the piece of crap. Most other higher range Corsair stuff is good.

Pretty sure the side (where the AIO is) is setup as an intake.

>Also, would having an AIO cpu cooler exhausting air on the side of the case heat your cpu more since warm air is being exhausted through the rad?
Difference between having your rad aa an intake or exhaust isn't really a concern.

I don't think it's intended to be, as there isn't any dust filtration there. I suppose you COULD just buy a magnetic dust filter, however the honeycomb pattern on the inside might get in the way.

I guess it would be the same as having an AIO as intake bringing in warm air through the fins

I just wake form my cryo capsule and what the hell is going on with the GPU and ram pricing?
How long will it take to get back to old prices? And will they ever get back at all?

Attached: 200622256_Part 9.jpg (692x519, 88K)

Couldn't find any in-depth reviews.
Any reasons why I shouldn't get this mobo? gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf

I plan to use it for light gaming. I will use a Ryzen 3 2200G and overclock the graphical processor side, leaving the cpu side untouched. I also will use two 3000mhz ram sticks.

Good choice? I'm picking it mainly because I don't have to pay someone to update the bios for it to work.

Attached: 1533501633593.jpg (640x627, 96K)

Plan on building a rig with a Ryzen 2700X in the future. Is a 2x8GB kit 3000Mhz CL 16 RAM good? i hear AMD processors are heavy dependant on good RAM

Alright. Thoughts on this instead of the ultrawide? Already blowing my budget so I probably can't go any higher without lowering the cost of the rest of the build.

ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Newsync-B322QHD-Plus-WQHD-2560-x-1440-FreeSync-ADS-IPS-32-Monitor/222598305788?epid=2151137587&hash=item33d3e497fc:g:5csAAOSwGzxZfpIs&_ssn=dream-seller&_nkw=ips&_sacat=0&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m4084.l1313

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x500, 39K)

Heads up to anyone looking at the ASRock 450m pro 4 mobo. I just bought one and installed it. The audio is totally fucked, theres a constant popping/buzzing and the occasional audio slowdown/lag. I reinstalled windows to see if it was any software issue but its all the same. Swapped back to my MSI board and the audio is just fine. Probably gonna call ASRock to see wtf is wrong. If its shitty audio I'm returning it. Be wary for people that give a shit about your audio quality.

Attached: B450M Pro4(L1).png (1200x1000, 336K)

What's the minimum requirements for ps3 emulation?

Alternatively, I can get this for the low.

amazon.ca/DP2710-LED-2560x1440-Samsung-DVI-Dual/dp/B00CB8RQ2Y

This is only true for certain brands. The Seasonic PSU I have has the branding on one side that looks fine while the opposite side has all the specifications and writing.

I have the 303 which is slightly bigger but the airflow is quite nice actually. The issue is the other side where you do cable management. Its pretty difficult, be ready with zipties and shit and be ready to organize cables for a long time.

Buying asmeme.
Our local vendors banned that shitty company.

Why don't you have an extreme case like this?

Attached: $_32.jpg (800x600, 148K)

What brand mATX do YOU prefer then? Because i'm not buying MSI again after being burned by constant shitty BIOS updates

What is the absolute cheapest machine I can get as a desktop? I'd buy a Raspberry Pi 3 if it had SATA and PS/2 on it. So should I just opt for a used thin client PC basically?

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x550, 51K)

303 user again. Put 3 fans on the bottom as the intake, then have 1 fan on the back as an outtake and 2 fans on an AIO as an outtake as well. Works great in my case. The design philosophy for the 101 seems exactly the same.

Attached: IMAG0664.jpg (4000x2250, 2.38M)

MSI isn't bad but I have never heard anything bad about Asus.

Thanks mate. I was hesitant to order one, but now I'm gonna go for it. Looking forward to doing cable management desu, this is a build that I'll be spending quite a bit of time and money on so it's just a plus for me to have something to work on and perfect.

any problems with the enthoo pro m? gonna be going on this build with a month or so

pcpartpicker.com/list/gfwQfH

Not him but the B450M Bazooka or the Tuf B450M-Plus are decent, avoid the ones without heatsinks

Afaik gigabyte am4 boards are pretty shit. The MSI mortar is a pretty good mATX

Its good but there a better options
Make sure its on your motherboards qvl

This is PC building general, not chink shit general.

>Own Z710 Pro Gaming
>Gimped from NVMe because Asus won't enable it despite the board supporting it
Okay it's an Intel board what did I expect, but that's still infuriating. Haven't had an update fuck it up on the flip side. I'll be more careful next time.

Should've bought high speed ram back when it was cheap tho'.

niggas how fast is the nvme over a sata ssd when both are m.2?

i can get a MX500 1TB for the same price as a 970 Evo 500GB, i don't really need the extra space as i have a 3tb hdd anyway but if it's like a non-distinguishible thing i'd cop the crucial over the samsung.

i know it's going to be fast, but how fast? will windows boot any faster? (my current 840 pro is pretty fucking dank still) will gta5 or csgo load faster by a decent margin, or just 3-5 seconds?

is there any point in nvme other than epeen reasons?

The heatsink looks weak, get one of these (the Mortar is the same board with a different heatsink).
>leaving the cpu side untouched
Why? you can push it to 3.9/4GHz with good airflow

I have a GTX 660Ti and thinking of upgrading to a 1070 or 1080 of the same series.

It would be great if i can update just the gpu but im not quite sure this would work. I have an i5 and 16gb RAM already. Anyone can give me a bit of insight?

Attached: 1525103812629.gif (512x380, 667K)

PBO, XFR, and auto overclocking in general is nice and all, but how do I keep the voltage from going to 1.4? I plan on keeping this thing for a while.

>will windows boot any faster?
Not really.
>will gta5 or csgo load faster by a decent margin, or just 3-5 seconds?
Not really.
>is there any point in nvme other than epeen reasons?
Moving big files around quickly and frequently. If you record yourself playing, it can be great for videos.

>Anyone can give me a bit of insight?
What do you currently have EXACTLY? What model of processor, what RAM, what mobo... What kind of performance do you aim for?

It'll go up to 1.55 stock. That's fine when it's not 24/7 and SenseMi is controlling it.
But you can try negative voltage offsets. Start at -50mv or so.

i5s with 4 threads are going to bottleneck in a lot of newer games.

> gta5 or csgo load faster by a decent margin
Not even 3-5 faster loading. Pretty much exactly the same. Within 0.1% or so.

Mortar are not available in my local Amazon and the store nearby that has it sells it for 100+ eurobucks, which is way beyond my budget considering I will have to pay extra 20€ to update the bios. I'll have to think about it.

I don't want to overclock because I'm going stock on cooling and there's really no significant gain that justifies doing it since the latest game I will be playing is Overwatch.

ok so heres the list

CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
Mobo: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-A (SOCKET 1150)
GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (ASUStek)

I mostly use my PC for games and Adobeshit (no rendering though)

So would it even be okay to buy just a new CPU and GPU or can i buy a totally new PC then.

*I don't want to overclock the cpu

>$2000 aussie funbux for this

I know it's a laptop, but I'm torn between just getting this or building a pc from scratch.

I don't travel a lot, but I like the portability of a laptop.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1166x660, 123K)

Changing the CPU means a new board, which also means new RAM.You're fucked.

>I mostly use my PC for games and Adobeshit
See OP: what resolution, what refresh rate, set a budget.

Build a PC. Ain't worth it: those laptops are logs and perform like shit. It's not very "portable" at all. At worst do a mITX build if you want to switch rooms... but then you'd have to carry the keyboard and mouse.

60 fps is fine.
I dont really know what i should say about resolution, my monitors are 1920x1080 and not 4k or anything.
Budget would be around 4-500€.

Build a pc then get a dual core zenbook mate. Trust me
>t. been there done that.

What screw do I use to install the rear fan on the enthoo pro m se case? First PC so I'm a bit confused