Windows restart

>Windows restart
>Oh man, I have to reopen everything now. FUCK
>GNU/Linux restart
>Every window that's not in tmux is going to be lost. I have to reopen everything I have now. FUCK
>MacOS restart
>Everything's back the way it was. Yay!!!

When will the other OSs catch up?

Attached: torvalds_bird.jpg (442x293, 28K)

Just don't restart your computer.

I would like it if other oses copied the win 10 fast start up. Login prompt 4 seconds after power on.

what is save session on exit. any linux distro has that. now go eat some cocks, illiterate macfag shill

works on my machine

Attached: file.png (600x524, 27K)

>>Everything's back the way it was. Yay!!!
Default kde behavior

>Restarting

Please don't post joke threads about MacOS being good. If you keep posting them, there are gullible retards here that might start believing it. It's not funny. Stop it.

i don't know where that would be useful
like, why are you restarting if you aren't doing something that requires you close everything?
also, "Every window that's not in tmux is going to be lost." doesn't make sense, you don't put windows in tmux, and rebooting will close everything in tmux as well

>>GNU/Linux restart
>>Every window that's not in tmux is going to be lost. I have to reopen everything I have now. FUCK
X11 has supported sessions for more than 30 years and they even work with web browsers.
You just have to stop being a retarded homOS shill.

>>GNU/Linux restart
>>Every window that's not in tmux is going to be lost. I have to reopen everything I have now. FUCK
KDE doesn't have this Problem.

windows 10 boot speed is fake
my win10 vm takes ~20 seconds to get to the login screen, another ~20 seconds from enter to the desktop, then about 5-7 minutes of 100% disk activity before the system is actually usable

Its basically ending all programs and keeping a save state image. im not very technical but maybe using a vm fucks all that up

it's not the VM, it's no different booting the disk directly on metal
i shouldn't have said it was a VM, while i do typically run it from a VM, this just confuses things

The catch is that it wasn't really turned off.
Microsoft pulled some dirty hacks like hibernating the kernel just to cut down boot time, but in practice this leads to more errors in the long run because Windows is a piece of shit.
Also, I got Arch boot time with full desktop down to 1 second, so I guess Windows can't get it right anyway.

fast boot is just;
- kill user sessions
- hibernate

that's literally it, you can log off and hibernate on any other OS and get the same result

The software I use most often is Firefox and VS Code. I configured Firefox to remember my tabs (one checkbox) and VS Code automatically remembers your code-workspace. Anything else is close in my .bash_history or should not be kept turned on (FileZilla)

why the fuck would you want to open shit again on restart? The point of a restart is to go back to the start, as in no windows open, imagine having to close everything manually before restarting your computer so that it doesn't open back lmfao

Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display.

They can't.

Apple has the best foundation with Cocoa and you can't copy that behavior with their shitty foundations.

Windows 10 does this as well now.

why are you trolling Jow Forums when you should be rebooting your computer???

kek

This.

>1 sec

Wait what? So you press the button and it's pretty much ready?