ITT: Shit redesigns

Attached: soul.png (2856x708, 91K)

I don't get why companies and organizations keep falling for the idea that logos need to be redesigned regularly. They don't, it's just make-work for the useless scumbags in marketing and graphic design. The purpose of a logo is to let people recognize your product. Once you have a logo that accomplishes that, there's no reason to ever change it.

This, as much as I hate Sony's latest Xperia design, I have to hand it to them for keeping their iconic logo

marketing team needs them bonuses at the end of the year

The new Jow Forums looks better tbdesu

Fucking annoys me to no end that they're still selling G502s with the old logo on them ages after the redesign. If you're going to do a redesign, make sure it applies to all your products immediately

Get with the times gramps, flat and boring logos churned out by art school grads is what's cool now.

Imagine if Ford pulled a Google.

Attached: Google-New-Logo1[1].jpg (1200x1014, 45K)

What's that eye thingy supposed to be?

This new G logo represents consumer taling a dick into his mouth...

They keep "falling" for it because it fucking works. Shit ton of work goes into re-branding a company, this isn't something they do just because some marketing bozo is bored.

> soul
You mean, "old is better". Meanwhile, Logitech moved from loss to profit after the redesign.

>Meanwhile, Logitech moved from loss to profit after the redesign.
post hoc ergo propter hoc

this

They made webcams. It made sense to have an eye-logo.

Why do they need to rebrand?
Maybe they should just make good products to begin with. That way the brand actually have value.

> post hoc
Look, I didn't say it happened solely because of the redesign, but it definitely improved brand recognition among the young audience. They've rolled out new lineups at the same time and rebranding helped them to sell it.

How do you know that the rebound in sales wasn't due solely to the introduction of the new products? Supposed they'd introduced them and run the same marketing campaign, but with the same logo and branding that they'd used before. Why would that not have been similarly effective?

Because when your average normie is sitting at the computer peripheral isle at bestbuy and sees 2 brands side by side. One has a modern/sleek logo, the other one has a boomer tier early 2000 logo. The normie is more likely to choose the one with the modern design because it makes them think that the product better/newer/more technologically advanced just based on logo. Your average person doesn't spend hours researching which mouse or keyboard is the best, they just go to the store and pick the first one that they like.
Like i said, if the company feels the need to change their brand/logo then there's a reason for it. They NEVER do it just because some hipster in the design team told them so. A lot of research goes into rebranding a company. Just because you have nostalgia for the old logo doesn't mean jack shit.

will you retarded engineers ever learn that you don't know shit about design and sales?

>art student monkey
>calls others retarded
>literally doodles for a living

designers are trend following whores, almost none of them have any originality whatsoever. which is why in the mid 2000s everything was a hideous mess of shiny transparent 'glass' and shiny gradient effects, and why now everything is an ugly soulless and cumbersome to use 'flat' piece of shit

>being this buttblasted

>my logitech G710+ has the old logo on it
hell yeah, motherfucker

Attached: Hell yeah.jpg (783x377, 60K)

holy shit i've saved a bunch of images for this exact thread. sorry for the spam niggas

Attached: 1441250592657.png (800x1500, 381K)

2/4

Attached: 1441285755823.png (1055x900, 163K)

>tfw nintendo went back to their old logo
Its perfect as it is, please dont change again

Attached: 000a931vp2hz.jpg (306x306, 13K)

>Coke
>ever changing logos
It must be a cardinal sin to even consider such an atrocity.

>change logo to tramp stamp
>ignore people saying they want buy the product
>post shitty sales
>cave to demand and rerelease old logo but cleaner

Attached: corsair_new_logo.jpg (577x274, 18K)

won't*

>Fucking annoys me to no end that they're still selling G502s with the old logo on them ages after the redesign.
This confused me because I bought a 502 a couple months ago and looked at the logo and wondered what the OP was going on about.

i remember this. I can't believe they actually tried to defend the change. fucking idiots

3/4 (now im shitposting but whatever)

Attached: 1441279903311.png (1025x338, 56K)

Yeah, usually I don't care too much about logos, but holy fuck that's ugly. Why the fuck would they switch away from the sails?

They did that every other year and still reported a loss.

I liek both those logos

I like the new Thinkpad logo.

>make a simple geometric sans edit
>call it a modern redesign

Attached: 1524050949596.png (1300x4800, 735K)

They probably spent millions on that shitty new logo

Attached: photo-1511145822182-677fa5800671.jpg (1000x668, 116K)

Attached: lol.png (1000x2000, 193K)

Attached: ollolol.jpg (576x240, 39K)

>tbs logo

Samsung and Yahoo are fine, Ikea would be fine if all caps and Guinness would be fine if it weren't a beer brand

kek

Attached: 1533553139972.png (1238x708, 21K)

are these fake?

smal pinor

Very good point. I miss the old Google logo.

The new ebay is an improvement.

>Ikea

Attached: 5845cd230b2a3b54fdbaecf7 (1).png (1092x1037, 27K)

Imagine if Mercedes came out one day suddenly with a "modern" logo. It would be absolutely SHIT

Attached: download.jpg (224x224, 7K)

Attached: jquery-mark-incorrect.gif (668x269, 26K)

>sails are angled in a perspective
>corsair text meant to be the ships hull isn't
Why is this pissing me off so much

>Starbucks becomes Converse

It might as well, with all those hipsters.

what do you think?

Plus their coffee already tastes like shoe soles

New logo has admittedly grown on me, but the typeface they made for it looks like complete shit everywhere else. They need to just stick with Roboto.

What is good coffee supposed to taste like?
t. Milk drinker

beat me to it. Marketing division needs to justify its existence

Holy fuck, I remember this... I really like their old design and then they tramp stamped themselves like MSI

Im no coffee connoisseur but starbucks coffee is acidic on top of being burnt most of the time
t. single shot espresso drinker

It only really works for companies that have generally shitty products and need to "rebrand" in order to try and trick people into forgetting how bad their products were. It does NOT work for companies that have a lot of positive brand equity and a lot of consumer goodwill built up in the brand. The best-case scenario for such companies is that there is absolutely no effect on their brand, and people just think "oh they changed it, I guess it looks okay" and you as an executive just wasted a couple million dollars on a rebranding when that could have been distributed to the shareholders or re-invested in the company. The worst outcome is that consumers get pissed off with the change and reject the new brand. There is a reason why Ford, IBM, Shell, Twinings, Levi's and Coca-Cola have been using the same logo since times immemorial.

>Like i said, if the company feels the need to change their brand/logo then there's a reason for it. They NEVER do it just because some hipster in the design team told them so
Having worked in a large company that went through an asinine rebranding, I can tell you that this is patently untrue. It was basically an open secret that the rebranding was a personal pet project of the CEO, and its main purpose was to give work to some chick in a marketing firm whom he was fucking. It ultimately cost the company about $500,000 for the logo and branding strategy alone, and then another $35 million to implement it. Completely needless. IF you talk to anyone who is actually in business, then you'll soon understand that personal vanity projects like these are rife throughout the corporate world, and most rebranding initiatives are nothing more than that: personal vanity projects.

At this point it defines this generation, you can even see it in certain artstyles in cartoons too. Everyone wants seem to want simple designs for some reason so its pretty much here to stay, until something else comes along. As to who started this whole fad, I haven't a clue.

Attached: 1533005422253.jpg (485x378, 25K)

It makes even less sense to switch away from the sales when you remember that a Corsair is a pirate, so it makes sense to have sails and a ship motif.

I like the fact that Canon has actually kept the serifs on its typeface. And Sony too. Apparently Japs are not big on logo redesigns.

Kind of defeats the purpose having the whole "i" be red, the dot is meant to represent the trackpoint

Why did they think this was a good idea?

Attached: Dell-old-and-new-logo.jpg (700x510, 25K)

No. It's because management fags are designing UI's in powerpoint instead of doing work they're hired for...

> The most valuable company on the planet doesn't use social media
> The most valuable company on the planet has basically never changed their logo
Companies need to stop falling for memes that marketing people make up for job security.

Normalfags care not for engineering behind the tech, they care about designs and branding. 10% of all lambo owner actual care about the specs, feels and corning of the lambo, the other 90% only care that it is a lambo brand and has a sort of rep behind it, and it subsidizes your own rep. Check out my lambo, wanna drive my lambo, yah that is a lambo.

Why you think apple is trillion dollar company still after they have failed doing anything revolutionary? Because they made the brand strong enough faggots want apple cause it is simply apple, aka the brand. Why you think people give a shit about levi brand?

holy fuck, that old logo looks amazing

>It makes even less sense to switch away from the sales when you remember that a Corsair is a pirate, so it makes sense to have sails and a ship motif.
The tramp stamp is two overly fancy daggers/cutlasses crossed across each other.

But user, they changed it again, and it looks even WORSE now

Attached: dell_2016_logo_before_after.png (1000x416, 24K)

I actually really dont mind the HP one, it looks good on their laptops and makes them look less cheap and trashy.

New Dell logo shits on old one

Attached: vw-logo-study.jpg (605x880, 56K)

The old Microsoft logo looks like it came straight from a business-oriented hellscape. The new logo is very fitting for the hipster open source act they're currently trying out.

Attached: DjNeuuyW4AAFDru.jpg (725x700, 52K)

Attached: DjOT3YYW0AA9h2U.jpg (1024x768, 96K)

premier league logo was so damn nice, why did they have to do that
also holy shit airbnb logo was awful

>the stupid looking blue perspective blob
>they literally had a perfect windows 8 version of the classic logo for the wrong thing

Attached: new_microsoft_logo_kqMEx.jpg (600x450, 23K)

>5845cd230b2a3b54fdbaecf7 (1).png
>(1)
nice

Whenever I'm tripping on acid, Googles logo looks so demonic and scary to me. There's something about them, their AI is going to fuck shit up in a bad way....

I do agree that the old logo looks better, but I wouldn't say it has a soul

Well this is actually good, nice to see that at least one company didn't fall for the flat meme.
That swastika windmill though...

the old logo looks like its quality expensive product, the new one feels like generic chinese brand..

These aren't real...

I can't decide which one I like best, 78 and 95 are really nice

What makes you think that?

that 80-81 logo makes them look like a rock band lmao

every single one is an improvement in my opinion.

Fucking kek, they incorporated the swastika into their logo.

Seems familiar.

Attached: 671px-Commodore_logo.svg.png (671x113, 12K)

Wait, did Lenovo actually change their logo?

Heh, imagine how awkward it would be if they would still use the first logo

Remember when deviantart went from "DA" to a formless blob with some pseudopods attached

Elaborate

I have to say this: the new HP logo is a great example of modern minimalist design and is way better than their old logo. Old logo has a connotation with cheap, crappy computers too. I wish they made calculators again, and slapped the new logo on them.

Metallica Microsoft is best Microsoft