4d Snake

Hey Jow Forums,
years ago I came here asking you if you could help me translate my snake game.

I owe you because people here helped me, with the witty and harsh comments told me what to learn (how to safely remove SYSTEM32) and which OS to install (most of the people said Gentoo but I never did).

today I bring you a new version of that little game

Snake in a tesseract
youtu.be/M1nB-Q0JOBA

Attached: white_snake_start_frame.png (1920x1080, 658K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Pella86/Snake4d
youtube.com/watch?v=2s4TqVAbfz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here is the source code:
github.com/Pella86/Snake4d

for now is written in the newbie language python, and uses tkinter as a graphic library.

Tkinter is probably the worse choice for this kind of projects but so I had to actually put everything together from scratch. From 4space projection matrixes to the 3d ones.

I want now to translate the code in OpenGL and C++ maybe with Alegro for the graphics.

Lol

I miss /prog/

Thats fucking rad

Sweet screensaver bro.

unfortunately it doesn't have SPLOSIONS and BANG BANG GUNS that /v/ children crave

Nice work dude. Things have really progressed since you posted on /3/ a couple of months ago.

I'm trying to have a library of 4d polygons, like an hypersphere and so on. So maybe I could actually add some cool 4d explosions

Being recognized on an user board makes me both proud and scared.

Yes most of the progress since that post was to play around with blender and textures.

> calls a 3d game 4d despite all apis render to 2d because monitor and there's no 4th demnsion

>there's no 4th demnsion
[citation needed]

Unless your game uses spacetime and even that is barely validity of a 4th demension I wouldn't call it 4d

Find me proof it actually exists and is visable

It uses a euclidean 4 dimension perspective projected to 3d then 2d.

>Snake in a tesseract
don't show this to Thanos

>>>/reddit/

FUCK OFF RETARD

>>>/reddit/

>t. Angory Mouth Gaper

>>>/kys/

salty dimensionlet detected

Attached: 1533348948345.jpg (630x478, 66K)

That's pretty cool. Nice job.

you fucking idiot stop reading fiction and actually learn.

it reminded me of this old dos game I used to love: blockout. I'm gonna play it now

Attached: blockout_1989.png (1275x718, 410K)

Frac4d if im not wrong is a 4 dimensional version of tetris. It uses a 3d slice view instead of a perspective projection

im having a hard time processing how its moving
how do i visualise 4d

This is heckin' cool user :)

if you don't think it's real, check the source code

this game works with two screens of 2d slices

p simple actually, but then again, this game would probably be very easy for someone actually living in the 4th dimension

Start with a 1D space - a line segment.
By extending it in a direction at 90° to it, we get a rectangle - a 2D plane.
By repeating this process, we extend the plane in a direction at 90° to all lower dimensions and we get a cuboid - 3D space.
By repeating this process once more, we extend the 3D space in a direction at 90° to all lower dimensions and we get a hypercuboid - a 4D hyperspace.
This video may be of some assistance: youtube.com/watch?v=2s4TqVAbfz4
Just remember that all of the cells of the 4D models shown represent 3D spaces in the shape of regular polyhedra of identical size.

Oh my god so that was it's name. I completely forgot

Ah, this must be snake for bigbrains like me

this is the Jow Forums equivalent of a virgin getting laid. congrats you made it

>rotating cube
>4d

There are no nuclear capable bipedal tanks either, doesn't mean you can't make a game about them.

gray cubes on steam