Is green tech a meme?

Attached: 1530834157066.png (579x630, 355K)

Not quite, but this is just business as usual in blue states.

energy efficient tech is always good, but business based on ecology is often very meme

Yes, and it's been know to be for a very long time. Shipping thousands of tons of metal, sterilizing the enviroment judt to erect some ugly pieces of metal that need parts changed every year. Not counting the fun fact that nuclear power kills fewer than wimd power every year.

no

green tech isn't a complete meme, just an early pipedream from liberal retards who don't understand how the market controls how prevalent it will be
in 20-50 years, when oil become expensive, and less profitable, oil companies are gonna start investing in new fuels/green energy to find an alternate profitable source of energy.

Yes. Look at the dire straights my home province of Ontario is in because of all the green energy bulltshit being rammed down our throats by the clueless liberal government.

nuclear power is the future, not wind power

Came here to post this. Green energy is a pipe dream until people stop believing nuclear FUD and realize it is the future.

Solar power is just glorified gas power plants.

If your question is
>do green power generation thingies work
then the answer is yes.

If your question is
>does green power generation stand a chance to fix our dependency on oil and/or nuclear
the answer is no, it's a meme.

it's not a meme but i've seen people use it only to launder money. i know some people who have set up water powered turbines and they generate enough electricity to power a small house.

Well, in Norway we get 80% of our power from water powered turbines, so it's clearly not a meme.

These. Nuclear is the future.

Water isn't viable everywhere though.

based Norwat

It clearly IS a meme. Norway is in awful shape. It's overrun with looting (use of social safety nets) and terrorism (liberal media). How can you call that a country?

It would be more based if we made Thorium reactors instead of selling everything we dig up to other nations. But politicians are too much cowards, and environmentalists are too stupid to realise the benefit.

>Solar power is just glorified gas power plants
I thought solar power plants that are based on reflecting the sun functioned like steam power plants, not gas.

Governments should start funneling money, not into studies of brand new nuclear tech, but how to update and integrate the nuke tech we already have. A lot of it is pretty good shit that has never been tried out in an actual power plant. We don't need newer nuclear power technology, we just need newer power plants.

Also, can we please give muh thorium meme a chance? Please? We could even use an inefficient fusor as the neutron source so if the plant loses power, the fusor dies and the chain reaction stops.

true. that's a huge drawback for green energy since the same method of generating electricity can't be used everywhere.

It's almost impossible to build a new hydro-electric dam here in the US though due to the "horrible environmental impact" they have.

That's how they work, yes, but it is a deeper meme. Most solar plants in the US has a natural gas powerplant they use for backing, in order to produce a reliable energy output. Which means that they also burn gas to keep the plant active and idle, for when they need to switch over to backup. This is why they are a complete sham, as they are mostly just expensive gas power plants.

They use the gas / oil / coal / nuclear reaction to heat a boiler and create steam that turns the turbines to generate electricity.

That's quite ironic, since you allow mining companies to blast off mountain tops (MTR/MTM).

Higher $/TWh and deaths/TWh than nuclear, I don't get the point.

>#1 in worker productivity, and among top ten in all rankings for development
This is what happens when your population is 95% white.

This is the true true.

The only problem with steam is that it tends to explode when the pipes get old. You also have to use some pretty nasty chemicals to keep the boiler water from eating through the boiler.

>t. Steam engineer

Anything that's power efficient is never a meme. Why burn more energy when you can do the same work with less? Having said that, about 90% of "green" stuff is absolute bullshit.

A single species of endangered minnow living in the river system can cause the the whole project to get bogged down with lawsuits and years of mandated environmental impact studies.

More like a scam.
Nuclear or fuck off.

Oh. That's pretty sad, my dude. I'll make sure to warn the greenfags I know about this bullshit.

>I'll make sure to warn the greenfags
Many of them are actually aware of this, but they choose to ignore it and brush it off as something that will be solved in the future with better battery technology. Yet, ironically they refuse to acknowledge that we already have the technology to make 5th Generation nuclear reactors today that are virtually foolproof.