Why is old pc hardware so expensive? Even the shittiest low end chipsets are still selling for the same...

why is old pc hardware so expensive? Even the shittiest low end chipsets are still selling for the same, if not more than what they were when they were new. Are people building retro windows 7 machines already?

I mean, obviously the best thing to do would be to gut some shitty dell and get the exact same performance. I could understand the highest end versions of each chipset still selling for a lot, but why the low end?

Attached: Capture.png (928x770, 369K)

Older machines full compatibility with windows 7 are becoming a commodity. Personally I suggest you just get something new and use wangblows 10 ltsb, it's a fraction of the botnet regular 10 is after a few settings.

how does that answer my question?

He literally did.

>intel socket
they will always be overpriced.
even new they were overpriced

if it's commoditized why the fuck is a low end board selling for more than it retailed for?

You can't run wankers 7 without some or a huge amount of compatibility issues on newer hardware. Think drivers, cpu microcode, security, ect ect.

Because some people would rather have a toaster than a camera up their ass. Strange I know.

Supply and demand, faggot. Same reason why DDR3 is not sold for pennies.

Holy shit. Seriously?
More people want them now because they run windows 7, or because they have a fuck ton of ddr3.
There are no new options that run windows 7 or use ddr3.
Said boards become more expensive because of demand.

the fuck? Windows 7 runs fine on z370 all the way down to god knows when.

You are an idiot. But it's OK. I'm glad your gayming z370 can load windows.
Some people use their computer for more than jacking off and playing vidya

No it doesn't, there's going to be a driver problem or security flaw that you won't be able to fix. If this wasn't the case everyone would be installing windows 7 on newer hardware.

then why are dell machines being sold for pennies that can do the same exact thing, that actually include everything you need?

Meanwhile a low end motherboard sells for more than retail.

Ok I guess I just imagined myself installing windows 7 on 2 z370 boards with no issues.

Because a lot of them are proprietary board shapes, and a lot of those computers you are talking about are sold in bulk by companies that just want to get rid of them, and usually have been used for a long time.
You can stop replying at any time broski

Prolly. Or again you use your computer for basic bitch task and don't even know what it would be like if it was running properly.

if someone is buying low end shit why the fuck would they care? They really need a low end asus board instead of a low end dell board?

Because the ones buying the expensive boards are power users who want to stay on windows 7, or have a ton of Ddr3.
Do we need to keep this cycle going? Normies will buy a new windows 10 machine for gaming and MacBook tier tasks.

huh? These are bottom tier boards selling for above retail.

They are probably trying to sell to desperate people who need a replacement.

What do you care anyways?

I was looking at old hardware and thought it was odd to see things selling still more than they were new?

Just buy a new motherboard and use Dism to add usb3 and wufuc to enable updates. I have a kaby lake pc running 7 just fine. Just don’t buy optiplexes off ebay they’re cheap for a reason.

what? Windows 7 running on new hardware? You probably just imagined it, sorry bro.

Supply and demand.
Shops generally don't sell outdated models so they are much harder to find.

Why ltsb

It's part windows part gentoo

why would there be demand for overpriced low end motherboards? Do they offer some feature you can't get in some dell shit? I understand why a z68 board would still sell for a lot.

LTSB is a meme for autistic Jow Forumsentoomen who think they can outsmart MS.

microshaft made it to appease the embedded gods and basically made a stripped down version of W 10 for them.

It's not. It's still spyware but not as much and you can turn off more settings and shit.

Fuck dell!

I want a camera toaster

Preferably up my ass

People are going to hold onto pre-Windows 10 parts. Also retro PC gaming is more of a thing now.

Attached: 1533198964899.jpg (3840x2160, 818K)

>pc hardware so expensive
People aren't willing to spend the time to sell it on ebay and then deal with returns when it turns out the caps are bad and they didn't test it etc...

You can definitely find old hardware sold as-is for pennies on the dollar if you search it out. Check govt and school auctions.

Jesus fucking christ you're dense. Use your head for once.

On the average, mobos don't last nearly as long as CPUs.

But you can run 7 on ryzen

Because motherboards are second only to graphics cards in the 'part most likely to die on you' stakes, so there's an ever-shrinking pool of working boards for old chips and some people don't want to just get rid of their old CPU and RAM because their board died (especially with DDR4 prices the way they are).

I sold my original revision Maximus IV Extreme with the sketchy SATA ports last year for more than most brand new boards cost and bought myself a Crosshair VI Hero with the money (and still had change from the deal).

I personally blame the crypto mining community for all the widespread overpriced 2nd hand hardware you see. Basically a bunch of people used and abused the living shit out of hardware, then realized they weren't able to cover the cost of power to mine their coins, so they try to dump all their shit to cover their "ROI". This combined with the GPU price hike that made people realize their normally used cards were worth more than what they paid for them originally lead to the entire 2nd hand market getting inflated across the board.

I could be wrong and just making way too big of leaps in logic and assumption though

>find lelnovo workstation at pc recycler
>i7-3770
>4gb ddr3, 4 ram slots
>no scuffs or scratches
>only $100

>replace PSU using $5 adapter for proprietary connector
>add 12gb ddr3
>plug in rx570
>works like a dream

Attached: 1506618658446.gif (300x396, 1.19M)

laffin at you i got a xeon x3430 8gb ddr3 and a gtx 1030 for 185$

>xeon
>lynnfield
>2009
>$185

Attached: 1520651648931.png (583x323, 130K)

price gouging has been insane on ebay and amazon since around 2013. as soon as something is no longer mass produced or out of print, through the roof the price goes.

I think since the US has lost its edge in manufacturing (which where you add value to things, mostly raw materials), and switched to services, it's stagnating. And this is just a way to squeeze dollars out of diminishing returns.

Attached: greed.jpg (274x184, 10K)