Windows 10

Which edition of windows 10 do you install ?

Attached: 9k=.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UFt1qd0ZXIw
computerworld.com/article/3293429/microsoft-windows/with-daas-windows-coming-say-goodbye-to-your-pc-as-you-know-it.html
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-windows-server-2016-update-history
tfile-home.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=848415
www60.zippyshare.com/v/uMYNP0sy/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

10 Pro.
/thread

Kubuntu

but LTSB is better
/rethread

So pro or ltsb

>not LTSB N

Isn't Enterprise strictly better than Pro? I would use LTSB, but it doesn't have the linux subsystem.

Enterprise takes up more space.

Win 10 Pro FOR WORKSTATIONS MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: DD4C8557-1B8A-4AD4-9BAF-8D9CC98C8ADF.jpg (800x527, 170K)

LBGT

Education. It has all the enterprise features, but unlike enterprise edition it has all the lock screen and start menu ads cut out for some reason. So candy crush and photoshop express never randomly autoinstall after an update.

>Not using Server 2016

10 Pro since my university gave a licence for free

8. And im going to be dragged kicking and screaming into 10.

Whichever can burn a Linux ISO.

Pro, with a $5 key from ebay

I didn't because I'm not retarded.

LTSB is only good if you get the 2015 edition. 2016+ has the anniversary update which is shit and then the creators update which made the OS useable (but still shit) again.

This.

So Windows pro RS4 ?

Home
I just haven't had any issues so far, even all the upgrades were quick and without errors

Enterprise

Attached: windows10enterprise_grande.png (600x600, 31K)

but it doesn't you fucking retard, ltsb is literally the build it was released at

GNU/Linux

You cant /thread your own post you fucking newfag

Elaborate

Install gentoo

I've installed 10 Education since it doesn't download meme apps from the store randomly like the other versions.

why is the anniversary update bad?

I upgrade to 7.

its now renamed to LTSBQ+ to be more inclusive

LTSBQA+

Does Enterprise/Education also come with pre-installed meme apps?

Fedora

Education. Free through University and is identical to Enterprise edition; doesn't include the bloat apps and actually get all the options to disable telemetry in the group policy editor.

Thing is they are going to bring back telemetry on education soon.

the one that i paid a license for.

youtube.com/watch?v=UFt1qd0ZXIw

none

the problem with education install is you will get your windows deactivated when it moves to subscription model because it will be super obvious you are not still a student. windows is forcing online accounts soon and they will start disabling people what do you think the botnet is for its for banning IPs/legal names of people until they buy a subscription when they start that shit.

Home/ Pro will be easier to pass under radar

That's bullshit. Windows isn't "moving" to subscription either. You should actually read articles instead of just reading the headlines.

>Win 10 Pro FOR WORKSTATIONS

Windows 10 Enterprise still have all of it's features, such as expanded maximum hardware specs, ultimate performance power mode etc. There is literally no benefits to using PfW instead of Enterprise, other than possibly to be a special snowflake.

You cannot make this shit up. Why do you think you can upgrade/convert from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise with a valid key without requiring external media/internet? Features are disabled; they are not 'missing' from the system.

>Education. It has all the enterprise features

Unfortunately no longer. Microsoft decided to drop ReFS, and also have the lower maximum hardware support just like Home/Pro/Pro Education. Even worse, it does not have any form of WDAG, unlike Pro which have local WDAG, and Enterprise which have local WDAG and domain controlled(automated switching) WDAG.

Education does (Partially) (as of 1803, because Microsoft being Microsoft), but not Enterprise and PfW.

[Citation Needed]

>install win10
>botnet always active in background, inexplicable CPU and HDD usage spikes

>install win8 or 7
>no such issues

>Windows isn't "moving" to subscription either.
computerworld.com/article/3293429/microsoft-windows/with-daas-windows-coming-say-goodbye-to-your-pc-as-you-know-it.html
stupid

The only Sane Version of Win10

Attached: Win7.png (985x371, 51K)

Windows 7

I didn't, still 8.1 but at work windows 10 enterprise 2016 LTSB with the store, most store apps, and other stuff removed except settings I think. Its ok for work.

They researched badly because they're completely wrong. It's not going to replace anything. Just google again and you'll see

>Linking to a FUD article

>install Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL
>Candy Crush Saga, Minecraft and XBOX icons in on the Start menu
>can't even remove XBOX button with conventional methods
This is what happens when you let a pajeet run your IT company?

>windows 10 enterprise 2016 LTSB with the store, most store apps, and other stuff removed except settings I think
That is literally the regular Enterprise but gimped with regards to updates and drivers. Good job.

Work is the only time I use 10 so I had no idea. No updates, that's good and explains some stuff.

Enterprise.

LTSB is shit because it can't run most Windows Store games. As far as Windows Store apps are concerned, every bi-annual Windows 10 update is a whole new OS.

>"professional"
>not smart enough to configure your OS's settings or remove programs

>No updates, that's good

Windows 7, I still have no idea wtf I'm gonna do in a few years or let alone when I finally replace this desktop. I mean for most of it being from 2011(the video card was a 560ti and I went to a 770 I think it was a couple years later) it's held up pretty damn nice, I think even longer than any other desktop I built, but then again in almost 20 years I only ever put together 3 of them total.

does that effect things like Forza and Gears? or only shitty mobile game crap that no one would ever care about ever. what about using LTSB for a gaming OS for steam games and stuff is that fine?

I just had my win 10 force me to update from 1709 which pissed me off because I had a driver I was waiting for a guy to update even after I stoped updates in console via3 commands. would switching to LTSB make sense for me if im just a gamer/audio guy who wants obscure plugin stuff not getting fucked up by updates?

>windows
Haha, no.

nothing as far as im concerned. really works well as a gaming OS as that's what i use enterprise for.

another good thing is it has all remote connections and other work related stuff options enabled which makes it easier to ssh or ftp into your windows system.

give it a chance. it also has very good driver support compared to pro win10 as i've tried it before.

LTSB is fine for gaming but forget about Windows Store exclusives.

adding you also atleast feels like you have more control than other win10 versions and every update you get literally goes through other versions and lowly users as testing lmao and comes to you after them rectifying the bugs.
it's funny af as i keep track of forums on win10. most bugs they complain after getting cumulative updates are not there in my enterprise when i get that update.

enterprise is literally like stable versions of linux and other versions are testing and bleeding edge to weed out bugs.

So entreprise is better than the ltsb version ?

2016 does not.

No. But the LTSB is a bugfest with unresolved issues since 2016. 2015 is better and less buggy, but does not support Nvidia 10 series cards and neither .NET 4.7, so it's obsolete even though it will get updates until 2025.

So he have support to 2025 but he's obsolete now ? So it's better to install entreprise ?

The regular Enterprise is a mess though. Between the bugs of LTSB2016 and the hot shit that is EnterpriseCBB, I'd say go for LTSB2016. Since 1607 is also Server, expect better support.
Or, wait a few more months, LTSB2019 is coming. Who knows, maybe it will be good. Maybe. Also will be sharing the kernel with a Server edition.

Attached: 10.jpg (2560x1440, 482K)

If i install 2016 i need to reinstall the 2019 it's not upgradable ?

The one I have a license for.

Yes. LTSB has no upgrade path.

Yes. There is no direct upgrade option from one LTSB to another. But if you want to install right now Windows 10, go for LTSB2016. If you instal Pro, you'd still have to do a full reinstall when LTSB2019 goes out anyway. At least you won't have to torture yourself in the meantime with the shit that is Windows 10.

underrated post

does LTSB still get autoupdates just less often? can you actually turn updates off 100% and then turn them back on if you want? can you manually install updates if you want to go to a specific build? I want a version of windows where I can do that if its just less frequent updates but a big forced one 1/2 a year I don't want that. don't care about Forza or gears but I only plan on using 9series gfx cards because I use CRT would installing LTSB 2015 be wise or should I wait for 2019.

atm im using standard enterprise I tried to turn off updates in CMD via 3 commands but it just delayed update for 3months I think.

I still want to be able to update if a game or specific software needs it but I want to be able to control it and not have it forced on me because it fucks up my obscure usb drivers and audio hardware.

You learned something already.

Enterprise LTSB

Enterprise LTSB doesn't. It doesn't even have the store to install them.

>s

I am both using a 10 series card and have .NET 4.7 on LTSB, learn how to use a computer.

you obviously using LTSB 2016 idiot. he is talking about LTSB 2015.

Any version except home allows you to delay for 35 days already.
CBB versions will let you delay updates for 365 days, but you'd have to be retarded to wait that long.

Attached: 1506436607083.png (700x773, 111K)

>does LTSB still get autoupdates just less often
No, it gets updates every month, just like the regular.

>can you actually turn updates off 100% and then turn them back on if you want
Yes. But I suggest disabling updates and do it manually at your convenience:
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-windows-server-2016-update-history
Disabling is done through GPEdit.msc.

>can you manually install updates if you want to go to a specific build
You can manually install updates, but LTSB is just one build. LTSB2016 will forever be build 1607. LTSB2015 will forever be build 1507. And the upcoming LTSC2019 will forever be build 1809.

>I want a version of windows where I can do that if its just less frequent updates but a big forced one 1/2 a year I don't want that
No. It's a static build. It will remain on the same base, say 1607 in the case of LTSB2016, until 2026.

>don't care about Forza or gears but I only plan on using 9series gfx cards because I use CRT would installing LTSB 2015 be wise or should I wait for 2019
Sure. But LTSB2015 does only support .NET up to 4.6.x. If you use a program which requires .NET 4.7 (Paint.NET for instance) I suggest LTSB2016. LTSB2016 is also Server build, so expect better support compared to LTSB2015, which did not see a Server release.

>atm im using standard enterprise I tried to turn off updates in CMD via 3 commands but it just delayed update for 3months I think.
You do it via Grou Policy, not CMD. See screenshot.

>I still want to be able to update if a game or specific software needs it but I want to be able to control it and not have it forced on me because it fucks up my obscure usb drivers and audio hardware.
Yup, LTSB is better.

There are two LTSB releases, moron.

Attached: Program Manager.png (2111x1381, 268K)

what does disabling updates mean do you still get the monthly security updates? can the GPEdit.msc only be done on LTSB

you mention i can do it on my normal enterprise via GPEdit?? then why do you recomend LTSB???

wtf is CBB

WHY is LTSB better if you can disable updates on normal enterprise?

what your saying sounds like LTSB still does auto updates for security even when turned off and you can turn off updates on normal any way.... then why use it? is it because you can disable the normal updates on any version but you cant disable the build updates hence use LTSB? confused.

windows 8.1
fuck dx12

>what does disabling updates mean do you still get the monthly security updates? can the GPEdit.msc only be done on LTSB
It's what it meant disabling updates in Windows 7. Disabled, no updates searching at all.

>you mention i can do it on my normal enterprise via GPEdit?? then why do you recomend LTSB???
EnterpriseCBB is only supported for 18 months, until you are forced to upgrade to a new build if you want security updates. LTSB is supported for 10 years.

>wtf is CBB
Current Branch for Business.

>WHY is LTSB better if you can disable updates on normal enterprise?
I stated above. It's one static build supported for 10 years. CBB gets a new build every 6 months and each build is supported for 18 months. After which if you want security updates, you have to go through the upgrade process which fucks all your settings, programs, drivers, etc. It's an entire new OS every 6 months.
Also LTSB does not have Store at all, or any other "Modern Application", besides Settings and Start Menu.

>what your saying sounds like LTSB still does auto updates for security even when turned off
No. It never does. I used LTSB as my main OS for about half a year, never did any update on its own. Not even update checking.

Non, Windows 8.1 if I need Windows.

err still confused is my Standard enterprise automaticly CBB when I autoupdated my build from 1709/1803 my OS doesn't reinstall

what your saying is confusing me it sounds like LTSB is better because you can keep it static while still getting security updates for longer but then you also say the security updates can be turned off.

if i just get LTSB and dont turn any thing off what will happen will it still do updates that fuck with my drivers or will it just stay the same forever and the security updates dont fuck with any thing.

it sounds to me like the advantage of LTSB you cant actually turn on or off .....

im guessing there is 3 teirs of updates

build updates (cant be turned off only delayed by 30days/18months or always off on LTSB)

normal updates (can be turned off on all versions via GPEdit?? or only on CBB and LTSB do these updates even fuck with usbbuss and audio setting defaults?)

security updates (dont fuck with any thing and are fine to leave on?)

sorry to pester

CBB sounds shit will it actually come up as enterprise CBB in system info so im not on that and just normal enterprise?

when you say i update CBB after 18months do you mean it reinstalls os or just causes problem with drivers.

thanks for help.

>when I autoupdated my build from 1709/1803 my OS doesn't reinstall
It did. It just kept your files and programs, to some degree, but itwas a full OS installation. You even ended up with a Windows.OLD folder in the root of C:/ with your previous installation (probably taking 30GB or so). Gets removed after 30 days unless done manually.

>what your saying is confusing me it sounds like LTSB is better because you can keep it static while still getting security updates for longer but then you also say the security updates can be turned off.
Updates OFF = no updates
Updates ON = security updates.

>if i just get LTSB and dont turn any thing off what will happen will it still do updates that fuck with my drivers or will it just stay the same forever and the security updates dont fuck with any thing.
By default I don't know how it's handled. But why don't you configure it? See this screenshot: >it sounds to me like the advantage of LTSB you cant actually turn on or off .....
No. You csn configure updates the way you want in LTSB.

>normal enterprise
That is Enterprise CB/CBB. There are only two enterprise versions: CB/CBB and LTSB.

>when you say i update CBB after 18months do you mean it reinstalls os or just causes problem with drivers.
It's the build upgrade process, say from 1709 to 1803 which fucks up everything, and it's basically a new and different OS. I'd say the best is for you to give LTSB a try. You can get it from here:
>en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
>SHA-1: 031ed6acdc47b8f582c781b039f501d83997a1cf
tfile-home.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=848415

LTSB but windows 7 pro is the best.

And the activator:
www60.zippyshare.com/v/uMYNP0sy/file.html

>7 is the best
This.

>windows 10
You don't, you get windows 8.0 instead.

ok I looked in my enterprise CBB and scrolled down and it does have the delay for 356days for main updates or 35days for security ones. but I notice the pause updates for 30days above that toggle ive already "used up" and I cant use it again until next month.

with this CBB version how do i detect updates coming and stop them before they come? do i need to use the pause button or as soon as i see them can i go into that setting and say delay for 1year?.

yer im going to format in next 6months thats why im asking about LTSB i still cant see the advantage over CBB unless i want to delay for more than a year?

LTSB is a leaner OS. Less garbage in it. It's your choice. In Windows 10 Enterprise, be it CBB or LTSB, you don't configure updates through Control Panle or Settings. You do it from GPEdit: Stop using Settings to configure updates in Windows 10.

but say i have updates left on and one pops up and before i restart i google if my drivers are working with it can i pause it at that point for a year via CBB? do i do that in the settings or in GPEdit.

ill def consider LTSB but only thing thats boring me about it is if some game/software just asumes every on on win10 is using the latest build and doesnt work on the LTSB stuck build.

Only through GPEdit. But why don't you disable updates and do them manually?

but why? you saying that method with it left on wont work? do updates ever actually force update or if you don't restart and disable it in GPEdit in time your fine?

disabling it and getting forced every 18months seems more annoying to me than leaving it on and just checking every time it says to restart thou I see your point its more risky if power cuts or some thing.,

it doesn't get retarded updates like creator or any bullshit like that, it gets security updates but that's it

>running ryzen on windows 7
how

>do updates ever actually force update or if you don't restart and disable it in GPEdit
Yes. At some point it does.

>disabling it and getting forced every 18months
I never said anything like that. I suggest you read again my previous replies to you. It should answer all your questions.

sorry misread so every 6months CBB requires you to update to keep getting security updates.

so the advantage of LTSB is you can turn build updates off forever but still get security updates while CBB you could turn it off forever but you would stop getting security updates after 6 months.

ok that makes more sense. this right?

so I should just ignore the delay for 365days for build and 35days for security settings and the 30day pause button and go into GPedit and turn updates off but leave security updates on? can I manually install updates on CBB? and once I do security updates will resume if its been longer than 6months?

I think I understand now thanks.

also do you know if I leave updates on and one pops up askes to restart can I quickly disable it in GPedit? or at that point will it eventually force and im fucked