Net Neutrality Horror Stories

It's been gone for two months now. How has the lack of net neutrality ruined your internet experience?

Attached: ajit.png (540x672, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=gedVHbgIt7c
hooktube.com/watch?v=YJZCvjYfDnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My speeds got doubled. Fuck Pajit!

alex jones got banned on youtube.

Give the ISP's time to implement limits on everyone's internet.
If they were to do it immediately, it would be too obvious it was net neutrality's fault.

they could limit under Network Neutrality

I just signed up for a year of free data/voice/text cell phone service. These greedy internet companies can't keep getting away with this.

I'm getting more computer viruses!

retards. you will be paying extra in trickle down costs. ISPs will force "protection" fees out of companies like Netflix, who will then pass it on to you, the retard who won't understand it wasn't Netflix that wanted to raise the price.

netflix is fucked anyway cause content owners are rapidly upping their licensing fees with each new contract negotiation.

I moved to Canada because of Net Neutrality. Enjoy your internet black outs and dark ages coming soon to your home. USA WILL fade in to irrelevancy because A-shit-pie allowed companies to fuck us in the ass (non consensually) and Canada will become a new egalitarian super power.

the dead bodies keep stacking up in my back yard, fuck Blampf

Attached: 1532920874291.png (297x314, 162K)

Netflix didn't want to pay for it's own internet connection, instead it wanted to leech off of ISPs and host servers inside their data centers. It's amazing how they managed to spin it and convince reddit that they are the good guys.

why dont you move to mexico instead? is it not white enough for you? are you racist?

It was the other way around. Verizon and Cumcast wanted Netflix to pay colo fees when it had previously been free. So Netflix signed a deal with Level 3 and pulled their servers. Then the ISPs got pissed because their connections were hammered with traffic from “outside” and they bitched and wanted Netflix to pay for upgrading connections. The whole fucking thing was a shitshow but it never should’ve been anything other than a business dispute.

>it had previously been free
No. Netflix never had colocation, and colocation is never free.

>it never should’ve been anything other than a business dispute.
This is what people should be worried about, not the internet itself.

the best way to boil a frog is to slowly turn up the heat.

because mexico and canada are at all comparable

You think Level 3 let Netflix use their internet infrastructure for free? Are you retarded?

Well, considering for about 97% of the internet's history it wasn't under NN rules, what does that imply?

Attached: Untitled.png (1276x760, 301K)

This LMAO, retards

post this thread every month and then we can cap the results over time

why is american internet so shit? why are they always behind in all tech related things even though they invent most of it?

Attached: perfection.gif (397x360, 55K)

Lots of throttling. Service cuts out randomly.

>having this poor reading comprehension
They were paying Level 3 to transport their data to Comcast. They didn't want to do that anymore, so they begged Comcast to let them place their servers in their data centers for free, and made a big fuss when they didn't get their way.

How are we behind?
>inb4 muh bandwidth

>jewgle censoring the internet is new

American is so behind on the internet that you're allowed to say mean things online and not get immediately thrown in prison.

Because you're comparing a country spanning an entire continent to countries smaller than our smallest states. Specific cities in the US have awesome internet.

What "limits" are you referring to, specifically?
Have these "limits" affected your own internet service?
You say "everyone's", yet nothing with my service or local competitor's service has changed.

My price got reduced by $5 a month and my speed went up by 10%, fuck that poo.

I can't say I've noticed any difference.

user, please don't be a retard, Soros buys and sells media companies all the time.

Attached: Soros invests.jpg (868x1158, 954K)

it's not any different because ISPs never obeyed the laws to begin with. we're already in hell but no one has noticed because we're used to it.

My bill went down and my speed went up as well.

and it's been this way since the internet has reached all the consumers that are cost effective to service. ISPs can't grow profits by reaching more customers anymore so they need to seek alternative means.

Drumpf voters won't care at all as long it ownz the libs.

Attached: 1408310391919.png (267x320, 22K)

because we're on the cutting edge of the decline and fall of western civilization too. like most of our institutions, however, we're just copying the romans.

Moo Moo Moove, get down on the ground asshole!
hooktube.com/watch?v=gedVHbgIt7c
hooktube.com/watch?v=YJZCvjYfDnc

Attached: Under 56 % and yer fucked.jpg (750x563, 130K)

He looks like a black version of sam hyde lmao

>drumpf

You are aware many cellphone carriers give out data limits in the US not present in other countries right?
Many of those cellphone carries like AT&T are also into home internet services.
Guess what net neutrality lets them do?
What are you going to do? switch to their competitor which will also eventually do it to save more money?
You're an internet addict you will just accept it no matter what.

Nothing has happened so far but I believe States should start striking fear into companies so that it stays that way. NYC just kicked Spectre out and frankly, considering how shitty Spectre is EVERYWHERE (not just in NYC but all over America), they should be banned everywhere period. The precedent is good and with enough luck, nothing will continue to happen over Net Neutrality's death. Only time will tell.

wow. that's so raciwst i'm literally shaking and sobbing right now. i guess that's what you become by being born in a all-white society without ever fucking thinking about YOURGODDAMN PRIVILEGE.

A lot of US ISPs have had usage limits for years already. Net neutrality wouldn't have made them stop.

Haven't seen much change at all. My speeds are still the same from the NN Era, but have been having some trouble with NAT type lately, even though I have directly connected to my modem.

this, it's sad

Sprint increased my data usage limit before throttling from 25GB to 50GB

Can you faggots explain the pros and cons about NN and wether we should have it or not instead of expecting others to sit here and convince you?

THANK YOU BASED TRUMP

The country is so freaking large. Come to the northeast and midatlantic, and the infrastructure is pretty good

user thats europe.

No they didn't. You're paying for a completely different plan and more expensive as well than the previous ones.

I pay nothing except $4 in regulatory taxes and "fees"

Comcast went down at least 5 times over the last 2 months. Not sure the relevancy but it rarely ever goes down

The only way you're paying literally nothing is if you were a 3rd to 5th person on the Sprint account. Also that ends after a year and the bill doubles.

wrong again friendo. now call yourself a fag

Attached: Screenshot_20180807_014339.png (856x859, 173K)

This. Net neutrality is racist against poor black people

It says it ends after a year you stupid fuck. Also 480p video streaming lmao kill yourself.

Cox is going down twice an hour every single day. I'm getting really tired of this shit.

>being so autistic that you can't even get an obvious joke
don't even go anywhere else just off yourself it's better for everyone

480p video
500kbs music
2mbps gaymen

lel

This is like looking at Horse Armor in Oblivion and saying that microtransactions will never catch on.

Companies are biding their time

i like how net neutrality "enthusiasts" constantly blamed le greedy korperashens for data caps and fucking with their connections DURING NN, but now the story is that NN was preventing that.
Do these people even know what net neutrality is? Do they genuinely fail to understand that it has nothing at all to do with data caps? Why don't these people just google the things they spend dozens upon dozens of hours bitching about on redet?

>Give them time you will see
>Time passed and nothing happened until the (((media))) made it a huge deal and everyone passed it because whatever

But watch you will see how it's ok for the left to deplatform right wing people or fuck them over but it's completely against free speech when it's done to you. This is why nobody is a Democrat anymore. No consistency.

Good that means I can tell you the Holocaust never happened. United Kingdom is pozzed under weak leadership of Tories and Communism under Labour. And Hate Speech is asocial construct for losers who can not handle anything that will offend their feelings.

I'm personally for NN, an these people are absolutely retarded. Both sides have a rather large amount of people that have no fucking clue what they're talking about or what net neutrality is - this is both what you see here and here .

Meant to quote instead of

Comcast throttling torrents and whatnot happened before NN. Quit purposefully misconstruing the argument.

Don’t want facts to get in the way of upbaots.
I’m very happy the two-party system is dying.
I absolutely want NN too. A lot of the bitching from certain groups was about implementation, something I’m also concerned about. Even T-Mobile’s CEO said they weren’t against NN, they just didn’t want to deal with Title II and all the extra power it gave FCC.
Their stated reason was traffic management. Encryption bypasses that tho.

You are a retard if you don't realize that Tech companies were ALREADY using NN to have the average user subsidize their wear and tear on ISP equipment.

I know in your simple world networks are like magic and have no upkeep cost, but that isn't reality.

Yo yo faggot

This is so sad can we reestablish soul destroying zombie neoliberalism

US: 3.797 million mi2
France: 248,573 mi2
Japan: 145,936 mi2
Germany: 137,847 mi2
UK: 93,628 mi2
South Korea: 38,691 mi2

>I know in your simple world networks are like magic and have no upkeep cost, but that isn't reality
ISP investment was going up before the Title II started getting shredded. So they clearly weren't hurting, this is all about greed.

Flyover states are only useful for electing good presidents, otherwise they're worthless parasites. Only 1% of farms in the US are family owned, everyone else just takes jobs or gets contracted by Monsanto and thinks they're vital to the economy.

>Netflix
Oh no, my linear SJW entertainment.

Attached: 1260391764_Claudia-Roth-of-Germany.jpg (230x230, 10K)

holy shit it's true hahahahahahah. based youtube at it again

Attached: 365653281589.png (500x913, 230K)

>480p video
>500 kbps music stream
>gaming up to 2Mbps
Fucking christ even here in Italy we have better subscription than this.

>I-it's gradual
Keep telling yourselves that

Alex Jones just got nuked off of a gazillion platforms

lmao just put down more internet cables

Attached: 1531287821369.jpg (896x960, 99K)

good. Netflix can go fuck itself you bugman

Alex Jones got censored by the same big tech companies that SUPPORT net neutrality (google/youtube/faceberg)

And?

The_Donald

you have to go back

the same companies who claimed the removal of NN would lead to censorship are known censoring people themselves.

comcast told me i'm allowed to upgrade to 1gig now.

Idiot conservative boomers getting conned by this sperg

What a fucking Zeitgeist...

As someone who has 1g from comcast it's not worth it. You will never get anywhere near 1g. I'm about ready to consider a lawsuit over it because it's not cheap and at most i get 300mbs

It's already happening, my ISP slightly increased their prices once net neutrality was taken away, and just recently lowered data caps for all packages
>Highest package was $80 for 150+Mbps and 2TB data
>Now only the $150 gigablast shit gets you 2TB, all the other ones you only get 1TB
Fuck this shit, only other option is CenturyLink

Spectrum is getting kicked out of new York, so things are either going to get good or we are going to experience a hell unbeknownst to us.

Sure bud, because this is all about Neflix and no other online companies are involved in this.
Even if what you say about Netflix is true there is still dozens of other big fish that will have to probably increase prices thanks to that.

>what is inflation
Higher data plans was only a minor concern from losing net neutrality and probably isn't even related.

NN???
Boyd Rice?

I don't get your logic.

You're paying ISP for connection and that's it. What flows through it is non of their business.

> instead it wanted to leech off of ISPs and host servers inside their data centers
It's called "colocation" you dud.

Nice try, Comcast ;^)