pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: IMG_4776.jpg (741x800, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/q38fFt
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tqhCFt
amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors
pcpartpicker.com/list/hdk2bX
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for intel btfo

Attached: intel 5ghz btfo.png (712x455, 197K)

Just ordered the 2990WX to replace my 1950X.

So I bought a 580 about 8 months ago so I can game/mine. Long story short I didn't make much from mining and I want a proper gaming focused machine now. I'll be selling the 580 and getting a 1060 6gb or 1070 8gb. Which are the best models available?

>580 and getting a 1060 6gb
literal downgrade

Not for games I want to play like Pubg. So which are the best models?

Are SSD prices likely to drop?

Pic related is my favorite brand and capacity. Is it likely to get even cheaper?

Attached: 1tb_samsung.png (964x478, 49K)

just built a ryzen machine only with used parts for the following prices

PSU: 16€~ 425W Enermax Pro82+ II 80+ Bronze Ebay
CPU 83€~ Ryzen 2200GAmazon Amazon WHD
Case 45€~ CM Masterbox Q300L Amazon WHD
Mainboard 45€~ Asus Prime B350 Pro mATX Ebay
Ram 60€~ Gskill F4-2400C15D-8GNT 2x4GB Amazon WHD

Total: 249€

already had an m.2 950 from a previous build

really fast and responsive for office and small games. i just wait for a zen2 APU to arrive and this will be a beast

Attached: 20180807_103906.jpg (1210x1613, 743K)

When people say "backups" what do they mean? Some automated backup storage that recreates 1:1 image of your drives on another drive every hour or something?

Or manually pressing "backup" button every few days?

And wouldnt you need DOUBLE the space from that point on to keep everything, or is it selective backup of something specific?

I know nothing about the topic.

SSD prices are projected to drop by 10% in the 3rd quarter of the year and an additonal 10% in the 4th quarter.

www.digitimes.com/news/a20180731PD214.html

Attached: carl sagan awesome.gif (270x203, 467K)

Do any of you actually use anti-static wristbands when building?

everyone does it differently

But let's say a drive in your NAS dies, what then?

whats the best gpu should i pair with a 1366x768 60hz monitor? that could max all current games today

yeah yaeh i know its a shitty monitor but i got it for free

never used one and i've built on carpet with no issues. though some people swear by them because they fried a motherboard with an electric shock or some story like that.

just find something that's grounded like a radiator in your house and keep touching the unpainted part at the bottom where it goes into the ground and it should ground you

I’m looking for something to run overwatch on/csgo on high FPS, my budget is £500 is that doable?

Attached: 742AC9DD-2709-4284-8D37-2C630C4C17C4.jpg (800x792, 68K)

So, are we still confusing JEDEC memory speed support with achievable memory clock speeds itt?

No.

I just plug in my psu in the mains and just have either my leg/hand touching to the case or every few moments i just touch the case to ground myself if any static has built up from movement or whatever. Probably dont wear wool sweaters or something.

If you have wood floor, you're pretty much safe. It won't hurt to plug your PSU into the wall and touch it every now and then while working on the mobo to discharge yourself, though.

normiEsports games are really friendly twords low end machines, its very doable.

£500 is fuck all nowadays considering 8gb ram alone is 1/5th of that. your best option is just getting some old used pc with like a 4790 or something similar for ~£200 and slotting in a gtx 1060. though if you really want completely new parts then something like this should still give you really good fps in those esports games:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/q38fFt

it's not the best bang for your buck though compared to the going down the used route. for the keyboard and mouse you can get a cheap "gaming" bundle off aliexpress as you have about £30 left over in your budget. something like shit chinkshit in pic related for example

Attached: e19595b1ea.png (1228x537, 271K)

>normiEsports games
Name an Esport that isn’t for normies

Already have Corsair keyboard and steelseries mouse just need the pc

I want to get steady 144 fps at 1080 minimum in my game (Destiny 2). I've tried a friend's set up (1070 and i5 8400) and his rig doesn't quite hold up.

Do I need to go all the way for a 1080/1080ti?

I cant cause thats why theyre called normiEsports.

then add a 1tb hdd to that build i posted so you can have all your games, game recordings, emulators and games etc on it. it comes out to exactly £500

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tqhCFt

Thank you!

I already have some parts in my current pc that I assume I can keep since there is no problem with them, like the RAM sticks and SSD. Do I have to buy the ones on the list you gave me or can I use my current components?

Ryzen 7 2700x CPU max RAM speed is 2399MHz. So buying faster RAM would be a waste, right? Please help me understand.

the ssd will work with any pc. the ram might not unless its ddr4. if your pc is old and has ddr3 then that won't work unfortunately. ddr4 is the current standard for all modern processors.

list out the components you already have and their specifications and we can see if they can be re-used such as power supply. give the power supply brand name and wattage (e.g. corsair cx series 500w) and do the same for the rest of your components because you can potentially save over £100 if we can find parts which don't need to be replaced. if we can find a big enough saving then you can bump up the graphics card to something better and/or the processor too.

crap, it's still a thing

Are USB wifi adapters good enough? Currently not in a position where I can get an ethernet cable to my rig.

if it's those small fingernail sized ones then those are shit and drop signal all the time. if it's a full sized dongle then it should be fine. i think the pci-e wifi adapters with the antennas are the best choice though don't quote me on that i'm basing that solely off the reach of the antenna as you can place it high up somewhere compared to a usb dongle which will be limited to within the area of your pc unless you get a usb extender or something.

explain

Easy. Just don't wear full body latex suit and you'll be fine. Also, don't put forks into electrical outlets while building (you can do that after you've finished). Consider also 5 static grounding cables that includes one for your dick. Possibly wire this last one to an electrical outlet.

Hope this helps.

It was explained in the last thread.

Makes sense. Trying to decide whether or not I should go for the B450 Carbon for its built-in wifi. Thank you.

Yeah I can’t do that currently but thanks for all the help. All I know is I definitely need an upgraded graphics card. I think mine is an amd Radeon r7

Get a 1070ti, it's cheaper now and renders the 1070 obsolete. You won't regret it. Go for the Strix if you can, it's the best.

That's when I'll get a 970 pro. Thanks lad

Are Vega 56 with a 1440p monitor actually worth it? Can it do 144hz well?

which would be a easier/safer/better choice to travel with; a fully build case or all parts separately?

I’m a sucker for cool colours. Anyone know any cheapish LED cases?

if you're travelling in a car then just take out the graphics card and wrap it in old scrunched up newspaper or put it in a box surrounded by paper/foam or whatever. for the pc lay it flat on its back and fill the middle in with more scrunched up paper as a precaution.

p400s

>Can it do 144hz well?
At 1440p, not really. Freesync kinda makes that irrelevant anyway. Only downside is there's only one single 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync monitor on the market that I know of.
P350X. On a side note, it's actually a pretty good case.

im wondering if i should just do this and wait for a 1180 Ti or whatever

>implying anybody gives a shit about multicore performance

Implying anyone buys 50 core cpus

>i5 buyer's remorse

3 months ago I bought Zotac 1080 over it because it was actually cheaper than 1070ti for some time and close to MSRP in slavland.
I think that store owner panicked due to crypto crash.
Price of that 1080 rose by 35% next month.

Thanks

>budget : around 1k USD ( +/- $100 )
>use case: gaming and general use.
>other: not aiming to overclock or anything, so high end features for tinkerers or setups that are for multi-GPU, etc are not necessary.

I've been looking at a combination of i5 8400 + 1070 Ti and Ryzen 2600 + equivalent as a consideration, though Ryzen hits a higher price ceiling.

Are Corsair ML140mm fans a meme?
all my searches are turning up mixed reactions.
I was thinking of getting a pair of 140mm SP fans to put in the front of the P350x since the front panel restricts airflow a decent amount.

The front panel on the P350X doesn't really restrict much in the way of airflow. I'd just go airflow fans on it unless they're going through a radiator.

8400 is better value

they're "good enough" but can be a pain in the ass. my netgear A2600 has shitty drivers that take a full minute to start up sometimes. plus i sometimes have to refresh webpages that only partially load and get mild packet loss in games. this gets better if i move my desktop to a better area but i cannot currently do that and i get much better connection with a bridged router. just get a PCIe wifi adapter with a real antenna

Is it just me or are there a lot of GTX 1080s going on sale? What gives? Is the GTX 1180 about to be released?

They're clearing stock. This is one of the handful of times waitfags actually won

>Can it do 144hz well?
>there's only one single 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync monitor on the market that I know of.

pixio ph277h?

Guys help me out yo, how is hp's workstations line?and how is this cpu/price?
should I buy this considering that I am a poorfag living in Egypt.

Attached: Screenshot_20180807-150724.jpg (1080x1920, 509K)

so im wondering best course of action....heres my thing with the 1180....theyre going to release a new updated version, for sure so should i just buy a cheap 1070Ti i see them go for 400 usd on amazon, or should i wait until the 1180Ti or whatever its called comes out

How the fuck does any adaptive sync make high framerate irrelevant?

>inb4 ausfalia prices

My pc is starting to come together. The parts I'm certain on are on order and should arrive this week. 1070ti is absolutely the sweet spot for me I think for 1440p gayming (potentially 120hz in the future, i dunno) and I got it cheaper than anywhere else I could find. A 1080 is about $120 more but I feel would just be overkill. Same goes for the PSU but I got it on the cheap. As for the case, I'm looking forward to building in it. 2 SSD's, one for my OS and one for games. Prices I got are even cheaper than the ones listed on partpicker.

Only thing now is to choose team red or blue (also ram). I'm super tempted to go with i5 8600k and a midrange mobo, something that'll allow me some RBG fun and let my ram get to 3000mhz or 3200mhz, whatever that sweet spot is. Ryzen 5 2600x is a tad cheaper though which is attractive. What do you guys reckon?

CPU cooler will prob be a Kraken AIO. Not sure yet.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1146x418, 53K)

Why? You need it for work?
If not you may want to save the money and put it to better use than gaymen.

they are good

shameless self bump

guys am I stupid for still using a 60Hz monitor for gaming? I only have a 1060

Attached: dunce.jpg (658x901, 63K)

I'm looking for a PSU replacement. Looked online, watched reviews, landed on amazon, and now I'm undecided what to buy: I isolated two models
>Corsair RM750x - 104€
>Corsair TX650m - 78€
I did the math and in theory I would be fine with 550W, but currently they're pricier than the two I listed here, so I'm interested in knowing if there's any particular quality difference other than the fully modular (which I honestly think it's bullshit considering you need at the very least to have a cable going up to the mobo) vs semi-modular design. What would you guys buy?

Wasn't aware of that one. The Acer XF270HU 27" and Acer XZ321QU 32" are what I'm aware of.
G-sync have a couple more options in the 2560x1440p 144hz IPS range, but obviously at a premium.
amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors
>1070ti is absolutely the sweet spot for me I think for 1440p gayming (potentially 120hz in the future, i dunno)
They're a capable 1440p card at around 60-100 in high to ultra settings, I'd just aim for a G-sync monitor in this res for anything short of a 1080ti and you should be set. 1070ti is an excellent card.
>A 1080 is about $120 more but I feel would just be overkill
You're not missing much. For a given clock speed the 1070ti is literally 95% of the 1080. Only time a 1080 is worth buying is if you can't get a 1070ti, or the price margin between the two is minimal.

what monitor are you using and what are your fps goals?

Zen2 is supposed to release around early 2019 right? and 1100 series soon also right? so if I wanted to upgrade, I should hold out for a few months right?

>1060
This is where you fucked up.

im purchasing the
Dell - AW3418DW 34.1" 3440x1440 120Hz Monitor

i play mostly competitive games, division 2 when it comes out, anthem maybe (even though its EA)

my target fps would be over 100 for these games (would be nice)

I built my PC last year when prices were still very high. In hindsight, I should have invested more, but it was my first build and I've learned my lesson. I'll probably do a full upgrade within the next year.

Not for work but for gaming I intend to buy a 1060.
Alright.

Yeah, in that case getting a cheap $400 1070ti would be a solid bet. Then sit on it and see what happens over the next 12-24 months in terms of GPU. Although I'm sure an 1180 would be more than adequate for your needs anyway, guessing as obviously there's no concrete specs yet.
>Zen2 is supposed to release around early 2019 right?
Looks likely to be mid 2019 at the earliest.
>and 1100 series soon also right?
Looks to be pretty imminent (I've heard that before)
>so if I wanted to upgrade, I should hold out for a few months right?
If your goals are Zen2, I'd just get a B450 or X470 board of your choice and put in a reasonable priced placeholder CPU like a 2600 then throw in a 3600X or 3700X when it arrives. The rumored IPC and single core improvement looks to be pretty impressive, but they're about a year away anyway and waitfagging for that long is silly IMO.

the cheaper one

Seconding the other guy. They're good. E5 16xx V2 Xeons are good, as they're basically lga2011 Ivybridge-E i7s that are also overclockable if you have a board that suits. Pretty sure the E5 1620 V2 is basically a 4820X with ECC registered memory support.

Built my first this summer and very happy with it. Only problem I'm having is with regards to rgb of my motherboard and my cpu fan not matching. I've got the CoolerMaster g100m cooler and a gigabyte ab350m. Timing for the pulse matches, but if I go into the bios and set the mobo to red, the board goes red and the cooler goes green. If I set the mobo to green, the board goes green and the cooler goes red. There's some colors in the bios that if I set the board to, the cooler doesn't even light up.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Checking myself.

Another question that's less important, I put it all into a Thermaltake Suppressor F1 because I like low profile cubes. The front plate covers a 200mm fan that only draws in air from these two vents on the sides of the front panel. Feels like wasted potential for that fans cooling power. Would I be a retard to put some holes in the front panel (made to look nice still) so that it can draw in more air? Is that a recipe for dust city? I feel like it would push more air across the motherboard and create a direct current to the rear 80mm's for superior cooling..

Sounds like you should just get a Core V1 instead, as it's exactly the same chassis but with a perforated front. The whole point of the Suppressor series was trading off flow for minimal noise.

I looked at that, but I don't like the big TT logo on the front, or the curve of the front panel. The sharp boxy angles are what appealed to me. It's not getting too hot as it is, it's just a thought that's crossed my mind for a way to optimize performance, might buy a replacement front panel and test it

pcpartpicker.com/list/hdk2bX

Thoughts?

Getting the CPU for free btw

Unless your temps are concerning, I wouldn't worry about it desu.
>Getting the CPU for free btw
Only time an 8086k is worth it lol
Only thing I'd suggest is capitalising on the mATX motherboard and getting your powerhouse into a smaller case. I'm sure you could find a cheaper b-die memory kit, but I understand if it's for aesthetics. All in all you have my envy.

Oh, 1000w psu is entirely overkill by about 350w. It's fine if you intend on running a pair of 1080tis though

Yeah, I know. I get into this mindset where I want to improve everything, regardless of whether or not it'd actually be worth it

>always miss every 80%+ off pricing error
it's not fair

Attached: 68050120-352-k896768.jpg (352x550, 21K)

RMx is better than TXm. Go for it, seriously.

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

Still would really appreciate help on this issue

What operating system should I install?

Is everybody on Windows 10 I've been using Windows 7 for a long time

Do Windows 8 lol

Different guy here, serious question, how easy is it to pirate Windows 10 these days? Isn't it a bit more difficult than in the past, where you just copied a CD key off the internet and pasted it in?

I'm just asking purely theoretically of course. I wish to study software piracy. I would never commit piracy myself. Obviously.

desu i just made a win10 install usb from microsofts website and paid $2aud for a key off ebay. pretty much a pirate now B)

No user, you'll get more performance with a 3200MHz kit (CL14 would be optimal)

>paid
>PAID
>pretty much a pirate

Attached: holding_it.png (303x880, 16K)

haha upvoted!! :D

How long until the 8700K is obsolete?

I can't tell which is the better cpu for gayming and ps3 emulation is this website accurate?

Attached: LongScreenshot_2018-08-07-17-23-50~01.png (1080x3724, 577K)

As soon as 2700x was launched

You earned it xD

Attached: fuck off.jpg (480x640, 42K)

>paid $2aud for a key off ebay
How did you know it wasn't a scam? And how the hell do they get these keys if they're able to sell them for so cheap?