STOP USING FIREFOX/CHROMIUM, USE QUTEBROWSER!

>2018
>he isn't using qutebrowser.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why aren't you using the superior qutebrowser? A-a-are you still using F-f-firefox or C-c-c-chromium?

Attached: qutebrowser.png (1200x1200, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2626
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/29
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/335
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/591
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/349
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/blob/master/doc/faq.asciidoc
raw.githubusercontent.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/master/scripts/dictcli.py
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/28
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/30
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/32
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop forcing your shit on other people.
you make me fucking sick cunt kys

Won't even consider before they have fully working uMatrix analog

Does it
>have functionality to block js, images, css and scripts persite wise
>block ads
>force https
>block trackers
>edit css for sites
>use our own js scripts on sites
If your answer to any of them is no, then no thanks.

Attached: 1533623928331.jpg (484x471, 69K)

Yes to all of them.

Thanks, I might give it a try

>>have functionality to block js, images, css and scripts persite wise
How can I do this without editing my config every time?

>have functionality to block js, images, css and scripts persite wise

JS: yes
CSS: not yet, github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2626
scripts: What scripts if not JS?

>block ads
yes, but only based on a host blacklist, see github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/29

>force https
There's HSTS support, and ":open -s" which opens a URL but forces HTTPS (but not for any links on that page). See github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/335

>block trackers
Yes, using the host blocker

>edit css for sites
Yes, via the content.user_stylesheets setting

>use our own js scripts on sites
Yes (support for most greasemonkey scripts)

Using :set (which changes autoconfig.yml), for JS there's a "tsh" shortcut (see :bind tsh).

hey The-Compiler. if you read this please add support for mouse bindings, scrolling feels like a drag on Linux and it would be nice to be able to change how many pixels it scrolls, also it would be nice to be able to add aliases to the right click context menu.

If you mention qutebrowser somewhere on Jow Forums, chances are high that I do read it.

See github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/591 and github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/349 - both aren't really a priority right now though.

How do I clear cookies on this?

Mouse lol

How does the spell check work
Someone hold my hand :c

Remove ~/.local/share/qutebrowser/webengine/Cookies (but qutebrowser needs to be closed first).

github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/blob/master/doc/faq.asciidoc point 14

Yeah I'm still using Firefox

Why should I use it instead of vimb?

I should've been more specific
Where do I get dictcli.py?
Doesn't show in the qutebrowsers scripts
I'm using the one from the debian repo, btw.

vimb isn't bad. qutebrowser probably has some more features (or is less minimal, depends on your point of view), and uses a better engine (from a security and web features perspective at least), QtWebEngine rather than WebKit.

Hmm, might want to open a bug against Debian so they install the scripts somewhere.

You can get it from the repo: raw.githubusercontent.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/master/scripts/dictcli.py

> Not using surfing keys on vivaldi

I want to like it, but unless it gets an easy uMatrix-like interface, it's too much of a hassle.

I want to browse, not update some configuration/text files, damn it.

Also, figuring out how to use stuff like decentraleyes, random user agent, cookie autodelete, resist fingerprinting, blocking the canvas, etc. are already pretty well documented in firefox.

I'm not even sure if all those have (planned?) qutebrowser equivalents.

can i watch netflix on it? no? fuck off retard

>easy uMatrix-like interface
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/28

>I want to browse, not update some configuration/text files, damn it.
That's what keybindings are for, like "tsh" to toggle JavaScript for the current page.

>Also, figuring out how to use stuff like decentraleyes, random user agent, cookie autodelete, resist fingerprinting, blocking the canvas, etc. are already pretty well documented in firefox.

Some of those are already possible, some will come once there's a plugin API (see github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/30 ), others (mostly cookie autodelete) aren't possible until/unless QtWebEngine has an API for it.

You can. QtWebEngine supports WideVine.

I'm glad this browser is in development and not a dead project. It's my favourite browser so far even though it lacks some crucial features. Keep up the good work guys.

Attached: unknown.png (195x195, 63K)

Is there anyway to default open -s?

>better engine
I thought webkitgtk2 sorted the security features out.

Ew, blacklist blocking

How do I add ot the block list?

I tried to install that on my xubuntu 16, but after doing the today shit all I got was pyqt errors

after doing the tox*

You can alias it, but then you'll lose :open completion until those get proper completion: github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/32

Not really. Still a lot behind Chromium in terms of security (and probably manpower for security) - for example, there's still no process sandboxing (at least there's isolation since WebKit2).

There will be a more sophisticated adblocker at some point, but until then, hostblocking works pretty good (and probably is quite a bit faster).

Either change content.host_blocking.lists, or add hosts to a ~/.config/qutebrowser/blocked-hosts

Did you use "tox -e mkvenv-pypi-old" (see the install docs)? PyQt5 5.11.2 has a bug causing it to break with Python 3.5 (it works with 3.6 and 3.7).

I would love to switch to qtbrowser, but I am too comfortable with my current Firefox set-up. :-/ Maybe if I found a good guide to get what I want from a browser.

I switch back and forth.
Although qt is great, Firefox is still the best for privacy. And still works the best when dealing with modern websites.

I'm u-u-using w-w-w3m

>>easy uMatrix-like interface
>github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/28
>4 issue for 4 years
>still not implemented
wow like just wow