youtube.com/watch?v=AVCHC2cw0v0

Attached: 0[1].jpg (480x360, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l6dV2re3rtM
youtube.com/watch?v=3ARHdRwfxjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=l6dV2re3rtM

youtube.com/watch?v=3ARHdRwfxjY

shit like this makes me not want to take car out in rain. but I guess this much PCB is normal even for petrol cars now.

>Tesla
Uggh

>not using an early 1950s diesel jeep-like car
do you want to be able to drive once north korea nukes your ass?

That looks needlessly complex?

Automotive standards are actually fairly strict for electronics, fairly commonly using MIL-STD tests for aerospace electronics

computerless cars > cars which are computers. imagine your car having ordinary ignition system and carbs, this is art, this is how car should be like. computers and fuel injection are brute force solutions, it's like
>i can't tune a carb
>lol add another computer
>waah calculating exhaust and porting is hard
>just blow more air with this exhaust fumes powered air pump

i obviously understand how much better efi is compared to carbs, just wanted to praise cool old mechanical solutions to the problems

Attached: 6d3a08afab981a099769a93d7382dec3.jpg (600x400, 56K)

Literally the other way around. Fine tuning values through the ECU to get the perfect combustion is more of an art than brute forcing with a carb ad "tuning" it to get it running good enough

Cars have been loaded with PCBs for like the past 30 years now

i guess, but look at it from the other side
>system that utilizes pressure generated by pistons, fuel is being sucked in naturally as a result of engine doing what engine does
vs
>system that sprays fuel into the intake using a little pump that generates pressure and computer that says how much should be sprayed
one is a solution that was designed specifically for the problem, utilizing specific aspects of how engine works, second one is a result of technological advancement that allows you to add sensors everywhere and pour fuel with computer. In that way, EFI is more of brute-force than carbs.

So like mechanical fuel injection which has existed as long as diesel?

yer but if your PCB dies in a car from the 90s or 2000s you don't crash and die your radio or ignition or fuel consumption optimization just stops working.

PCBs don't belong in cars

>implying car engines don't run on separate ECUs and communicate with other sub systems in the car with glorified ethernet

im talking about automation if your car GPU or what ever dies while your tracking lanes you could totally die.

If someone's gonna die from automation it's not gonna be because of a PCB randomly failing
Electronics in cars are put though far harsher tests than consumer shit, it's why car interfaces have always been like half a decade behind phones and tablets

>not using a trabant
Kids these days...
*sip*

Attached: eastern european boomer.png (640x274, 124K)

i program engine computers for a living, its kinda fun. Its a pretty hacky job but lots of people like not going to dealership

>North Korea
NK is a joke. They just make noise every now and then because they need more food.

I had to replace the ECU in my late 80s car and they are built quite robust. I just have to replace some leaking caps on the "old" one to get it working again and kept as a spare.

and yet my cars dash interfaces constantly crash with no fix.

Maybe you just have a really shitty car

>ENHANCED BOTNETs In cars

>not driving a maluch
Jebane niemce
*sips żubr*

Attached: ZVOktkqTURBXy80NWRlMjdhYzY2YzBiZWY5NjM0YTY4MjNjMWY2MDkwOS5qcGVnkpUDAMzbzQUAzQLQkwXNAYrM3g.jpg (394x222, 28K)

>żubr
you'd be better off drinking your own piss

i'm fine with electronics on a car. but not when it comes to the engine and other parts. sure give me a nice stereo/cd player and bluetooth .. but keep all that shit away from the rest of the car please.