A leaked memo circulating among Senate Democratscontains a host of bonkers authoritarian proposals for regulating...

A leaked memo circulating among Senate Democratscontains a host of bonkers authoritarian proposals for regulating digital platforms, purportedly as a way to get tough on Russian bots and fake news.

Here's how Warner is suggesting we deal:

>Mandatory location verification. The paper suggests forcing social media platforms to authenticate and disclose the geographic origin of all user accounts or posts.

>Mandatory identity verification: The paper suggests forcing social media and tech platforms to authenticate user identities and only allow "authentic" accounts ("inauthentic accounts not only pose threats to our democratic process...but undermine the integrity of digital markets"), with "failure to appropriately address inauthentic account activity" punishable as "a violation of both SEC disclosure rules and/or Section 5 of the [Federal Trade Commission] Act."

>Bot labeling: Warner's paper suggests forcing companies to somehow label bots or be penalized (no word from Warner on how this is remotely feasible)

>Define popular tech as "essential facilities." These would be subject to all sorts of heightened rules and controls, says the paper

>tech platforms above a certain size must turn over internal data and processes to "independent public interest researchers" so they can identify potential "public health/addiction effects, anticompetitive behavior, radicalization," scams, "user propagated misinformation," and harassment

"Today's tools seem almost built for Russian disinformation techniques," Warner opines. And the ones to come, he assures us, will be even worse.

And you retards still think Trump is the bad guy.
reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/democrats-tech-policy-plans-leaked

Attached: 1531865067006.png (246x200, 20K)

trump is gay tho so....

Do you have something to hide?? The internet is a privilege not a right and we must protect our democracy from tyrants.

there is literally nothing wrong with being gay

>The internet is a privilege not a right and we must protect our democracy from tyrants.
If you believe this, go live in China. Free speech is a right, not a privilege.

this

Attached: 237962a8d23a2e7162cf86ddae95acaa.jpg (708x915, 55K)

except there is...

n-no there isn't! >_

Can you fucking fags stay on topic

Wow, this is huge!

no uwu

>And you retards still think Trump is the bad guy
Nah. He is the good guy. But he is stupid.

Never let an opportunity go to waste.
Zero chance of this passing, but thats just how government works. Now that this policy is out there, now that it exists, parts of it will end up tied to something else. They'll eventually get little pieces of it passed until they have a stranglehold on everything.

Enjoy getting immediately doxed, labeled a bot, and depersoned for making mean comments about intel because they bought enough lobbyists to get government protection online.
This is the future you chose, Leftists.

D E C E N T R A L I ZE

>Do you have something to hide?

you realise that Internet Access is agreed upon as a human right by the UN. And that governmental disruption of the internet is a violation of that right.

whoah
stop posting fake news drumphy
christ i hata altturds

correct

Attached: 1527741670158.webm (720x1280, 2.87M)

In 20 years once all the oldschool democrats (and neocons) die off everyone is going to look back to 2016 - 2018 and say "damn we were all racist towards russians back then huh", just like the democrats did in 1960s looking back to 1900s saying "damn we were all racist towards niggers back then huh".

Screencap this post.

Attached: 1526128384124.jpg (665x835, 55K)

Don't make me unlock my thoughcrime folder, fag

Well Ameritards were stupid enough to elect a Russian agent.

I would take the worst the ISP's could do over any thing a demonrat would push.