Java

How should I go about learning Java Jow Forums?

Attached: 1200px-Java_programming_language_logo.svg.png (1200x2195, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journaldev.com/12496/oops-concepts-java-example
deitel.com/Books/Java/JavaHowtoProgram10eEarlyObjects/tabid/3656/Default.aspx
moocfi.github.io/courses/2013/programming-part-1/
doc.lagout.org/programmation/Java
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just like open like a book and like read

first you need to do the needful

Starting out with Java (6th Ed.) was a textbook used at my college so maybe start there.

Moreover, you can get it as a free PDF online and after you've gotten to like chapter 6 maybe start reviewing the main concepts of OOP like they're listed here.

journaldev.com/12496/oops-concepts-java-example

Don't be surprised if it takes you a while to understand the concepts as if they were easy then everyone would be doing this...

deitel.com/Books/Java/JavaHowtoProgram10eEarlyObjects/tabid/3656/Default.aspx

Just read it and programming.

>Don't be surprised if it takes you a while to understand the concepts as if they were easy then everyone would be doing this...
Got it thanks. Yeah I was having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around all this.

It's important to be humble though because no matter how much you learn it's never enough! Best of luck

Most important thing is practicing by doing projects on your own.

By watching Dr. Durga of Durgasoft, of course

Attached: durga checkem.jpg (581x538, 31K)

This but less ironically

1. Google this name: Venkat Subramaniam

2. Find a PDF of this book and read it: Effective Java

3. Repeat.

you start by picking a better language

Java is fine

pajeet

neet

No dumb account needed, no "flashy" graphical annoying interactiveness just the very straight dope on Java: moocfi.github.io/courses/2013/programming-part-1/

Fuck Java.

The man wants to learn Java. Let him beeeee

There's a ton of books here: doc.lagout.org/programmation/Java

I'm personally referencing Head First Java, Java: A Beginner's Guide, and Thinking in Java. Just dipping in and out as needed, not reading cover-to-cover.

Do you have programming skills yet? If not, get the fundamentals down first. Then build a little jsf app

Learn C# because it's just an infinitely better java

Runescape bots. They're great for learning and testing AI.

If you know one you basically know the other. But the jump from Java to C# is easier/less frustrating than the jump from C# to Java. This makes learning Java first the smarter choice.

Definitely. Never liked Java a lot but it has its uses and with its bitchieness it does certain things right when it comes to working in bigger teams. Definitely an asset when it comes to making money too. And from the the less commercial point of view it's nice to learn programming even though on that matter starting out with emacs and just straight C not worrying about object orientation and learning about pointers and shit instead is way cooler.

Please don't.

spend about an hour on java then go use kotlin or scala

This. By far.

Go to university

That won't give you quality coding experience on its own.

Nah they really dont teach you shit but at least you can get an internship and jobs were you actually learn

Also, if you go to a large university you can program drones or something in a club.

This.

DONT LEARN JAVA. It's a well known fact that Java is the one and only language that indian/asian universities teach, so it is very likely that if you get a job programming in Java you will be put in an office with a bunch of smelly indian code monkeys and backstabbing chinamen. Asians and poos have ZERO concept of good software design. And since you will be the junior developer there, you will be tasked with "maintaining" their shitty code.

Pic related. I get at least 3 of these fucking emails a day from Indian tech companies in the U.S. I don't even have a LinkedIn, I don't know how they keep finding me. THIS is the price I pay for being good at Java.

Learn Python or Node- they are the huwhite man's languages. Demand for these languages is soaring so you shouldn't have any problem finding a job. Also Java sucks.

Attached: 923802527.png (1360x792, 142K)

t. NEET

Pick up a book that teaches you Java 10, or at least Java 8 and above.

There are so many new features in 10 and upcoming 11 that makes the language so much better. Likewise with 8 had really good improvements to the quality of life.

Read Effective Java
Read through the oracle tutorial
Read Java Concurrency in Practice

If you use the IntelliJ ide check out the plugin Brew Java, should help.

>Read Effective Java
Addison Wesley - Effective Java Programming Language Guide.pdf
or
Effective Java (2nd ed.) [Bloch 2008-05-28] ?

>Java Concurrency in Practice
Java Concurrency in Practice / Brian Goetz, with Tim Peierls 2006 ?

sir u must learn java it is the factory standard pls

Poop on street

Learn hindi, there's more documentation for java in that language.

Programming is learning by doing, like everything else there is. Take a book / tutorial of any kind and start doing what is explained. Of course it will take time, many moments of questioning your existence but also them "oh, I see" moments. After about a year you should be decent to write simple programms and the rest comes in the years following.

>Addison Wesley - Effective Java Programming Language Guide.pdf
Read this one, both books you posted are the same book but different editions, this is the most recent edition.

>Java Concurrency in Practice / Brian Goetz, with Tim Peierls 2006 ?
Yes

1. You should always learn by doing. Don't waste your time by asking "which book should I read".. just do it.
2. Don't let anyone fool you into the old "Java is a bad language" meme.. Java has improved A LOT since Java 8 and has actually become a pretty comfy language.

Tfw work is still using Java 8

Attached: 1533304861347.jpg (508x379, 35K)

Maybe I've expressed myself in a wrong way, I'm not a native speaker. Java has been improving a lot with the introduction of Java 8. I'm already using 10 though. I enjoy local variable type inference a lot.

I wish I can use Java 10 but I work for a huge company so it takes a long time to get updates going. Last summer, they rewrote stuff in Node 6.0 from Node 0.2 or some shit. Not even node 8.0