Title

Title
Going to college and narrowed it down to these two, which one is better performance/user-friendly bc both are relatively same price.

>inb4 /tpd/ shills, I don’t want your memepads

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1335, 772K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mi.com/en/mibookair/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154939
tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=6331216&sku=40904717&SRCCODE=3WWEBEML1964&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=3WWEBEML1964&ecm=H0RyBIacGizFdn2OWl2G7TFC0k1uO6Q5kC5WOmJ3njo=&elqTrackId=cace64f9d6a94ca9badd91ac1034904e&elq=b1f3d4d2a59c4438802460de3988d0ab&elqaid=6637&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=5868
bestbuy.com/site/dell-g7-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-256gb-solid-state-drive-licorice-black/6212436.p?skuId=6212436
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HP Spectre vs Dell XPS 13, title didn’t post

He is the best gamer girl.

>I want to buy a shitty laptop on purpose

Get a used thinkpad

Performance as in what?
Do you need to render 3D CAD models? Just use for web surfing and word processing? Plan on running large scripts? Playing vidya?

Always compare these two things at the very least: CPU base-clock speed/number of cores & battery capacity (mAh).

I don’t want your fucking memepad

Mainly vidya, word processing and web surfing. I’m asking about which one has less cosmetic flaws/battery life/ fan noise etc

Minor*

>going to college
>not getting a Macbook
Guess you dont want to get laid then

go to dell

>not suggesting he get an i9, 32GB ram, 4TB storage 15" macbook pro 2018

user...

hey looks like you want a macbook rip off so i found this for you
mi.com/en/mibookair/

Would go for the dell if it really has to be one of these two.

Hmm, specifically which ones you looking at?

Last HP laptop I purchased and worked on had BIOS crashes whenever I tried loading into the OS. It wasn't a windows issue, all the driver settings seemed fine and compatible. From what Iooked into it, it was a BIOS corruption issue that arose from that model. However, don't let that discourage you from getting the Spectre.

I use a Dell Inspiron 15 I bought to quickly replace the HP Envy I got. Great laptop, only issue was with the dedicated GPU not being detected correctly with the OS, which required some tinkering.

If gaming is high up there in importance, I advise you buy a dedicated gaming laptop (preferably one you can get on sale) with a decent core clock and something like a GTX 1050 built-in.

Attached: 7481f174-4484-4238-bd1d-5c1c4ec4052c.jpg (608x454, 66K)

They both have shitty cooling systems. Get something with an 2500u if u want to game or get a decent looking thinkpad and spend money and time on girls in uni.

I’ve had an hp pavilion before. Not terrible but def had some problems.
Not looking to really game, just want a nice looking laptop that’s somewhat high end and around 1k. The x1 carbon doesn’t look terrible but I’m not really sold on it so the xps and spectre are the only ones I’m sure would fit the bill.

Thinkpads get all the pussy man.
First they ask how old the laptop is
Then they ask to suck your dick
ez pz

Dell laptop keyboards suck can't stand my work computer

XPS

Word processing and web surfing have no minimum requirements. Get a desktop for vidya unless you want to pay 3000 for a portable laptop version of a 1k desktop

Neither of those can even game you faggot. They don't have designated GPUs.

I own a store that sells both and the XPS has better build quality, screen quality and battery life.

However the XPS 2 in 1 has a shit processor that is super underpowered when compared to the Spectre x360. The non 2 in 1 is fine though.

The XPS also costs way more. Both are good computers but neither are for you if you are trying to play gaymes.

Attached: fullretard.jpg (450x373, 50K)

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154939

This right here, buy it so I don't feel like an idiot for buying one, please.

Attached: 1479062305783.jpg (456x337, 29K)

not op but in a somewhat similar situation. going to college, need laptop. found this

tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=6331216&sku=40904717&SRCCODE=3WWEBEML1964&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=3WWEBEML1964&ecm=H0RyBIacGizFdn2OWl2G7TFC0k1uO6Q5kC5WOmJ3njo=&elqTrackId=cace64f9d6a94ca9badd91ac1034904e&elq=b1f3d4d2a59c4438802460de3988d0ab&elqaid=6637&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=5868

what do you guys think? id mostly be using it for CAD stuff.

Find something with a bigger SSD instead of the optane... Also you don't need an i7 hexacore if you only need a 1050ti (unless you are working in video, graphic design, or using CAD software).

Oh, forgot to add. If you are buying that for college and aren't doing the things I mentioned you are literally fucking autistic. Fucking gaymer dweeb. Enjoy the 2 hour battery life and looking like /that guy/ in class. Not like you'd get laid anyways but at least try to look somewhat normal.

I mean it's pretty out dated but for that price it is pretty hard to beat. I'd also look at the Acer Nitro 5 if I were you. It's much more modern and I think it'd make much more sense (much better video card, battery life, screen, and aesthetics).

HP if you want it to constantly overheat, XPS if you want coil whine. Yoga if you want neither but other questionable build qualities, X1C if you aren't a brainlet retard.

Attached: Automotive-Parts-DICKASS-Brakes-Disc-for-AP9200-Brake-Kit-Use-330mm-28mm-Disc-For-VW-T5.jpg_640x640q (640x640, 36K)

You are a fucking idiot if you think you're going to do any gaming on an XPS or HP Spectre. Just buy a ThinkPad X220 and then put some money into a decent desktop with your savings.

I’m not buying them to be le gaymer, I occasionally play games that came out in 2010 that a toaster could play. This helped, I’m going to get the hp thanks

Third year CS student here. XPS13 is generally recognized as one of the best, if not the best, low-profile laptops/ultrabooks you can buy. I own an XPS13 9350, and I absolutely love it. The touchpad is on par with MacBooks. The keyboard is just fine for 75 WPM note-taking. The 4K display is fucking beautiful. It has plenty of I/O. It's very Linux-friendly (I've been running the same Kubuntu installation for a year and a half, and it's just fine). Has plenty of memory. CPU is quite speedy, and I'm sure you'll get even more performance out of the newer ones. Compile times on mine are almost as fast as my desktop with an i5 3570. It even handles light gaming really well, and the thermal performance is very surprising. It stays cool to the touch almost all the time and never gets uncomfortably hot. Oh and that rubberized carbon-fiber looking shit on the top of the base? Feels like sex. And the material doesn't seem to conduct heat very well, so your hands stay nice and cool while typing.

Okay, I'm an XPS13 shill, but it really has won my heart. I haven't heard much praise for the HP Spectre, and I can almost guarantee that it is an inferior machine. But alas, I have not researched it at all. Just giving my thoughts on the XPS.

HP are shit machines, DELL can come with Linux installed, albiet Ubuntu.

Oh, I forgot to mention - If you get one, don't opt for the touchscreen. It's sort of well-integrated on Winblows, but you won't find yourself using it for anything at all, unless you just decide to use it because you spent extra money on a touchscreen and feel like you have to use it.

Wasp bitches are lousy lays anyways.

He doesn't want hardware that throttles 24/7 because of Apple's consistent fuckups

What's with all the chinkpad poorfag shills?
le mactoddlers who want to be in debt the rest of their lives.

outdated how? I'm not much of a gamer, I only really need it for CAD (Autodesk Fusion/autocad).

It does look pretty decent but if I was you I would check second hand market if you could get same hardware for cheaper, shit is old and shouldn't be prices that high.

Wew

Indeed I do CAD and Prints for my local Utility company and My T420 was just fucking screaming autism to a point were one of my coworkers stated

"why do you still have that, was that your laptop in college?"

I just want something for lels and to play some of my 4x games quielty autisticly in my office at work when theres down time. Trust me that T420 did me no favors in college other than make people think i was some fucking weeb. But fuck me twice if I was going to buy an apple just to get laid.

Pic related it's my old waifu of a laptop

Attached: 20180806_171929_HDR.jpg (4656x2620, 3.83M)

anywho desu, check out this Dell. I know its a dell and personally I have had nothing but problems with Dell. If you can see past the logo this one is up ypur ally. It cheap, not flashy and has more than enough power. I personally hate plastic after owning a T420 for 6 years. I wanted something thin and sleek for Drafting cause im always traveling. Best Buy had a 100 off promo for this specific one.
bestbuy.com/site/dell-g7-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-256gb-solid-state-drive-licorice-black/6212436.p?skuId=6212436

Attached: file.jpg (640x570, 58K)

>Title
Are you some kind of bot?

get the fuck of Jow Forums normie either business class or eat our ass