Can you program Jow Forums?

can you program and if so, what languages do you know?

What I know:
Java
C#
C++(learning it)

Attached: eminembarfing.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

HTML
CSS
JavaScript

Nigga I dream in code

C
Python
BASIC
DOS
Batch
PHP
JavaScript

I don't know how to do anything and I'm dying of fear and loneliness.

>DOS
that's not even a programming language. But nonetheless that list is impressive

I love enterprise projects in C too!

c
c++
c--
c#
objective c
object pascal
pascal
sh
python
javascript
java
lisp
erlang
haskell
perl
ruby
go
swift
asm

I think that actually is every single language I've ever written code in.

JS >> 130K Babbbbbbyyyyy
PHP
JAVA

D

I bet you've never programmed anything actually notable.

no u

Only C and assembbly

those aren't programming languages. 2 are styling languages and 1 is a garbage

I "know" how to write basic shit in pretty much anything with a small amount of research. Im good at java because i have done it for 8 years

You could have just said no.

Moni Tier:
>Python (Learning)
>Java (Learning)
>C/C++ (Learning)
>Assembly (Learning)
Baby Tier:
>Bash
>HTML
>JavaShit

>Pyhton - man tier
Good one.

Python
SQL
Java
Scala
R
Go
Perl

C++
C
Python
Java
VHDL

I also know HTML and CSS, but I don't think those count.

Does PHP and some Java count?

I like web backends like that. Just made my own textboard forum on my personal website using those and SQLite. Otherwise, no.

Attached: 1533657432776.jpg (1096x1022, 142K)

Attached: 1533657788964.jpg (1585x983, 301K)

C
C++
Visual C++
Java
bash
learning VHDL and maybe some python for work

rs
cpp
py
js
sh

Java
Python
Javascript/Node
Scheme
Bash
C
C++
HTML
CSS
Sass
asm

show us your git

C
C++
Assembly
Javascript
Python
Java
Scala
C#
Lua

etc:
HTML + CSS
SQL

C++
C#
Java
Python
PHP
Javascript

C, C++, Ruby, python, matlab, Hmtl, etc
Any languages, any tools are almost the same to me.

C
C++
Java
C#
Python

>writes hello world
>knows the language

>man
>Moni

Just curious, what are the most obscure but not obsolete languages to learn?

C, C++, C#, Java, JavaScript, Pytgon, Bash, KSH, HTML&CSS, Perl, LISP, x86 Assembley

Should one focus on being great with a few languages rather than being sorta okay with a lot? I'm guessing Java, C++, Python, and C# should be the ones that everyone should be good in.

C++ is the only language i'd say i'm proficient with but i've played with:
python
hasklel
java
C#
javascript
go
Obviously I know C fairly well but modern C++ looks very different

Basic, various assemblers, Pascal, Modula, APL, Scheme, Emacs-Lisp, C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, PHP, JavaScript, BASH, Prolog and SQL if that even counts.

C#
GML
C/C++
Python

in that order

Work as webdev:
Typescript cause Angular.

Know:
C++
C
C#

X86/x64 assembly and c with that
Python for scripting
C++ for building shieet
Done some java in a data structures unit at one point
Vb.net in high school
Bash for obvious reasons
Other meme languages for lols

Yes, I can. I understand the language of control structures, which means I can use any language I want as long as I have a reference guide. Anyone who thinks in terms of learning a particular language is either a brainlet who barely knows how to code or someone who has intentions to really specialize in that language.

>Bash for obvious reasons
There is no obvious or good reason to use Bash for anything ever. You should only ever need sh and even then, you shouldn't ever need to do anything other than set some environment variables and than call an executable. If you are doing anything more than that then you should fuck off and never touch a command prompt again.

Fucking kek

Languages I’m comfy with would be go, c++, python, ruby. I’d have to look shit up to write good js or bash. I’ve fiddled with other languages but I’m not that comfy in anything else

this

I started with C++ and eventually dabbled in some Python and Ruby. Eventually ended up using Ruby because of my last job. In your opinion, what are some reasons I would consider using Python instead of Ruby or vice versa?

>HTML
>2 are styling languages

did you know, that respected computer scientists consider HTML a declarative programming language.

Of course it is not turing complete. But you would know the difference, wouldn't you?

How do you guys actually define knowing a programming language? I am studying by myself so I don't have any curriculum to follow, and I have no clue when to "move on" to the next language or when I have learnt the language I am currently learning

BBCode
GameShark
VRML
Alt Codes
Emoji

In the order I learned them
C
C++
C#
PHP
Bash
JS
T-SQL
Nemerle
x64 Assembly in fasm
Common Lisp
Prolog
Java
Python
Looking forward to try Rust, D and Nim.

>programming
>Python
>Batch
>DOS
>PHP
>JavaScript
I'm starting to doubt your list...

You don't. The whole concept of "knowing" a language is a meme unless you are a very high level expert for that particular language. Please see You move on if you don't like your language for a particular task and think another language would suit your needs better. Most languages are close enough in syntax that it's only about learning the differences. It doesn't feel like learning something entirely new most of the time. Some languages have introspection and reflection. Some do not. That's the biggest difference worth noting imo.

He said programming you damn cucks, stop listing scripting or markup languages.....

I see. I will keep it in mind and return when I have gone past brainlet tier programming knowledge. Thanks user

Lawl. I'm not building software in bash. Calm your autism.
I don't know how people avoid using bash when they claim to use linux based os everyday. Bash is useful get over it fgt.

Since when scripting languages are not programming languages, autismo?

Yet they managed to program your brain into an angry state

>mummy didn't breastfeed me as a child so i get angry over minor shit

>bash
>command prompt
You are just a mongoloid

Since the concepts were invented
Or is it just an illusion
>I didn't get enough attention from my uncle so I talk about user's mum on Anonimuse image board

#stdio
char hellow orld( )!
end program

Everything Turing complete is a programming language.

Java
JavaScript
C

Programming languages are compiled to bytecode which machine can understand. If it runs in an interpreter, it's not a programming language. If it's just a guide for your browser on how to display elemenets on your screen, it's not a progrmming language.

JS has been jit compiled for a decade.

>I don't know how people avoid using bash when they claim to use linux based os everyday
It's simple. I'm not a brainlet. I don't spend my time "linuxing" just so I can brag about how much of a 1337 h4xx0r I am. Explain to me something you use bash for.

Machines don't understand bytecode. Bytecode is a portable intermediate format that is interpreted or JIT compiled at runtime.

Stop being wrong.

>bytecode which machine can understand
So how do you define machine and how do you define bytecode? Languages like C# and Java are compiled to bytecode which a virtual machine can understand. Does the fact that it is virtual make a difference? No, it doesn't. You are just a retard who feels like (incorrectly) sperging over semantics.

Lmao retard. Bytecode is for languages like java, python that require a interpreter.
By your definition c or c++ aren't programming languages as they don't use bytecodes

you say that like those big words really give html some higher level of meaning. what it actually means in practice is that the conditional formatting from CSS3 allowed some to make a webpage that had rule 110 on it. In fact the CSS code is the only thing in the example doing any computation the HTML code is just there for formatting. which is so hard to believe considering its a fucking markup language doing some markup.

I'm not sufficient enough to say I know any languages but I know a moderate bit about Fortran 77 and enough about C to use it as a main file for Fortran functions and subroutines

c
python
perl5
php
shell
ti-basic

a bit of c++, lua, js but i havent needed to mess with them much

Objective-C
Swift

Played with enough to be dangerous:
Java
C
Python
JS
PHP

I can do an fizzbuzz in python

Attached: 151959123319.gif (400x480, 124K)

Yes, I got addicted to it at uni but only as a hobby:
MIPS
x86 asm
C
Delphi
C#

>>Gameshark

Fucking made my day. Thank you.

C, C++ and assembly. Still have no idea what to do with the knowledge. Probably a game or something?

I barely qualify to add to this thread but:

Bit of C#
SQL Overlord
Bit of HTML
Not your MVP

C
Python
Java
JavaScript
PHP

In that order. What else could I add to make it more enticing?

brainfuck, FORTRAN, and COBOL

Are these in demand right now? What do you qualify as having learned the language? Is there an end game program to write?
For example if you could code game of life in a language then you're qualified.

>brainfuck, FORTRAN, and COBOL
>Are these in demand right now? What do you qualify as having learned the language? Is there an end game program to write?
For example if you could code game of life in a language then you're qualified.
Surely you jest, do you not, nigger?

no

Just thought maybe you could share some programming challenge that would be fun to do to master the language.

Falling for this obvious bait

These are ancient/meme languages. They are not in demand and you probably don't want to write any real program with them, is what I'm saying. You can have fun in any language though.

misread that as interesting and not enticing, fug.
Brainfuck is a challenge language, very interesting, for example, this is hello world
+[-[-.---.>..>..>.

gdscript
GML

Used Autoit to write farmbots for Guild Wars 1 when I was in school.
Used Visual Basic 6 to write Keyloggers when I was in school.

Now Im learning Python.

I study Environmental Engineer (M.Sc.), please no bully.

Attached: 1532832302812.png (800x800, 441K)

Pretty much just because of rails. Ruby has some really comfy fp syntax tho

I guess I'll stick to learning more web shit, gotta admit though doing WordPress PHP MySQL is not that interesting. I wonder what other programming jobs are like that are non webshit. Just same shit but in a program instead?
>connections
Yeah that'd be tough for a student who's been memed into the CS degree. Out of curiosity, what language is paying your bills right now?

Ordered from most knowledge to least

Java, C++, Python, Haskell

desu FORTRAN is very easy to get into, even if it's a dinosaur

programming wise I only know python, web wise I know html css and js - hoping to learn arduinos language soon

SQL
JAVA

Perl
R
HTML
>In a few months
C++

Define "program"

>arduinos language
It's just C you brainlet.