Eternal september

4ch has been sold to a dataminer who has established anti-adblock and obfuscated js on the site - as well as turning up the captcha difficulty to increase Pass purchases.

Dataminer Jim Watkins owns 2x4chan.

reddit has turned into an extra-mainstream social media site - rather than a site for your average low-test geek - becoming even more cancerous than before. formely useful niche subreddits are less accessible. main alternative Voat is utter shit.

github has been purchased by microsoft. that same company has also bought seats in the Linux foundation, as part of their 3E strategy.

both Tor and Tails are sponsored by independent branches of the US gov.

irc usage is dwindling. all of the bigger old chans are gone. all the decent smaller chans have extremely low post rates.

how did it come to this?
what's next?

Attached: 6627870021_20ac25eb54_b.jpg (1024x680, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qj3m7wxqk4pfqwob.onion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Keep using IRC. There are good channels.

outside

Can you recommend any good channels?

>google can easily connect EVERY SINGLE Jow Forums post to specific individuals through IP/browser fingerprinting/canvas/js/captcha

if you think they can't then you're ignorant
if you think they wouldn't do that, then you're fucking deluded

how to ruin something beautiful: step 1

>not using noJS captcha

>boo hoo no one comes on my IRC anymore
Hey what's your channel?
>Fuck off goyim, its a private MLP server, "mom where's my tendies!!!"

You do realize that IRC is itself a barrier to entry for most Jow Forumstards, right?

4chanX makes it piss easy to solve too

You mean nu-Jow Forums?

I'm not that guy but if you think sharing information about great online spaces on Jow Forums is a good idea then you're exactly the kind of retard they don't want there

Yes, those are the tards.

>TFW I like IRC but never had much of a reason to use it since I'm a lurker and my friends are normies.

Haven't used it in a while. Unless I can get textbooks or something, I'm not sure why I should use it again. Nothing but HUGE channels of AFK people.

This

>4ch has been sold to a dataminer
*Citation Needed*
Post Sauce or it didn't happen

freenode/#sqt

This

This. Jow Forums hasn't been SOLD to a dataminer. Moot just passed the throne over to him.

Jim Watkins owns the 2chan domain. There is no record of him having any ownership stock of Jow Forums.

OP once again is disseminating bullshit that has not bearing on the truth or is relevant in the slightest.

Attached: 01101100 01100101 01100111 01101001 01101111 01101110.jpg (450x450, 20K)

Fuck off retard

>reading comprehension
2x4=8. Jim owns 8ch. And 2ch, not 2chan.

>And 2ch, not 2chan.
Which I should have also mentioned is now 5ch, since a court ruling decided that Hiro is the rightful owner of the 2ch.net domain.

>HURR DURR you sure got him didn't you
>I'll type out some faggot chan in some retarded format so someone will read it wrong and I can then comment on their reading comprehension
Who cares about other chans? If you do, go there. Rather than shit posting here about some drama from faggot that chan
>Data mining OMG gyuz spooper scared
>Muh intellectualism will save me because of my advanced reading comprehension
>Ill post in riddles cause am fag and cannot just type the faggot chans name
snarky Boomer detected

Thanks for the math lesson faggot

>being this new

#perwl @ irc.rizon.net

irc.madirc.net #elite
qj3m7wxqk4pfqwob.onion

>Posting such an irrelevant response
>implying

Someone’s assblasted.

>mfw Krautchan is kill
>mfw Ylilauta is barely living

what do?

Attached: 1500875851197.png (128x128, 14K)

freenode still requires you to ask random dudes to hide your ip, right?

join #baot on irc.rizon.net
openbsd, file sharing, Jow Forums shitposting, music discussion

>how did it come to this?
>whats next?
people are stuck with major providers because of audience and money, but the main factor has to be emotional resistance to change, just look at all the people who still worship google and mozilla even after all the shit google did to cripple image search or all the botnet crap and feature removals from firefox
i remeber some faggot got incredibly assblasted here when he was told to use some other search engine after complaining about the recent google search redesign instead of being spoonfed some baby duck browser extension to "fix" it.
people seem to love half-measures restoring functionality to ginped shit designed by malicious anti-user corporations rather than switch to something completely free.
the truth most people dont seem to be able to get throigh their thick skulls, is that they deserve slavery, because these dumb fucks keep choosing it over and over instead of any bettter alternative

I'll just go back to taking to myself.

IRC is nothing but drama.

>He doesn't even know
You have to be REALLY new to not know that referencing 8 used to result in banning/warnings

This "this board is dumb except for me xD" drama is so old. Every board has a version of this.
>Jow Forums can't program xD
>Jow Forums doesn't lift xD
>/v/ is bad at videogames xD
Grow up a bit and stop using the same old tirades. There's nothing special about IRC, it's an easy protocol.

Based

#Jow Forumsdpt
irc.rizon.net

Half of Jow Forums are larping /v/irgins.

>$percentage of $board is $insult xD
Here's a template for this sort of retarded baseless sentence, just replace the variables

let's make a BBS and stay in our little autistic corner of the internet, only coming out to the clearnet to raid

Internet got too big and eventually becoming big enough to where it can be considered as essentially an extension of reality, profit margins increased, people would make their entire livelihood on the internet, existing media conglomerates stepped in, etc. nailed it. It really just feels like stating the obvious at this point though. As for why Jow Forums has gotten shittier I can't honestly pinpoint, if I had to say it would be between it becoming mainstream, splintering of the community, and overall shift in culture.

Zurück nach Pro mit dir, /b/sylant

Internet becoming more accessible

Internet has always been nothing but drama.

> t. /v/irgin

Humans as a species have always been very resistant to change.

well, that's a completely unfounded blanket statement. maybe you should spend less time on kotaku

this, i'm in

Internet fighting and drama has been around for as long as the internet has. Encyclopedia dramatica started off documenting livejournal drama. It’s never going away.

I attempted to make a BBS the other week, but ISP wont let me forward p0rtz. Got a (((debian))) vm I can ssh into, from a friend. Think I'll set one up on there.

that would be awesome, call it something like eternal september because then we can give it a name like septembernet

nickname*

Will you uni fags please just leave. Same with you career cucks. Get out. We dont need you or your stupid threads talking about "what laptop is best for school" and "i made blah blah last year at google" no one wants you here. This is a board for social outcasts not normals. Take your shit to facebook.

Not him, but you're just making Jow Forums an extension of yourself. There's plenty of people that think different and have different lives from you. Besides, mootykins never claimed it was so and so.

Nicht der user, aber das pr0 ist auch nicht mehr das was es einmal war.

>not having fingerprint spoofing
>not having random canvas generator
>allowing js

#fourcannon on esper

I'll be sure to make a post here if/when I ever go through with it. Keep an eye out I guess.

an hero

It turning to facebook because an extention of normal people is just more normalness.

sounds like a plan. definitely will keep an eye out, would love using it.

newfag