>2018
>It's still pain in the ass install Linux from usb stick

Why? Who the fuck uses cd's now days to install OS?

Attached: 12167737.jpg (480x451, 28K)

What piece of shit machine are you using, OP? Never had any trouble booting Linux anywhere.

But it works just fine? The only OS that can't be done from USB properly is Windows

This I've had more issues with installing Windows via USB than I have with Linux

I also have been to lazy to learn how to boot from a usb and just burn a disk ive had for 10 years

What the fuck are you doing that installing Linux from a USB is hard? How thick is your skull?

You can literally just copy and paste the disc content in a fat32 usb and install your shit since Vista, what are you talking about?

Fuck you OP, I won't tell you how to write the disc iso to USB. Figure it out yourself.

That only works on UEFI though. Did Vista even boot on UEFI?

Wtf are you taking about

Copying and pasting is an expensive operation. Literally every other system has images that you can just directly write to the usb device
Only SP1+

If SP1+, yes.

It's essentially the same thing. You can just use Rufus if your autism demands it, or use that media creator from Microsoft, that can even download the image for you.

>Copying and pasting is an expensive operation
This post has won 'the most indian post' for this week.

>Copying and pasting is an expensive operation

Attached: 1516049995304.jpg (711x669, 70K)

Attached: image.jpg (688x596, 70K)

>having trouble installing any OS from USB
Thread of idiots and noobs

sudo dd if=gentoo.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=1m
done.

and if you need propritary drivers and sources - just use gparted to make additional partitions.

Classic boomer attitude, completely learn proof.

>2004
>it's not a pain to install Linux from a USB stick

What shit weird non-standard computer are you us
>It's a thinkpad!
oh.

>copying and pasting is an expensive operation

Attached: 1532255417062.png (900x729, 129K)

Use cp, there is literally no need to use dd

cp is smarter anyways, no need to define an arbitrary block size

Never tried. dd works for me.

>usb stick
get out

This.

It's no different than using a CD
>insert installation media
>turn computer on

Media creator has problems. It can't do shit if your flash drive is formatted as GPT. I still had to use Rufus to change it to MBR just to get the media creation tool to work.

Boomers have grown wise enough to learn to prioritise their learning

how retarded are you? I've been using usbs to boot linux since i started using linux ~10 years ago

I'm on an ideapad. pls somebody halp

its a 310 15ISK. I burned ubuntu-18.04-desktop-amd64.iso on my 4GB usb stick with rufus 2.18. using scheme MBR for BIOS or UEFI. This is because I had to enable legacy mode, it wouldn't even give me the option to boot from the USB otherwise.
On ISO mode, I get:
>isolinux.bin missing or corrupt
On DD mode, I get:
>SYSLINUX 6.03 EDD Load error - Boot error

no relevant distro fits a cd