Open terminal and type

>open terminal and type
>cd /tmp
>sudo wget github.com/speed47/spectre-meltdown-checker/raw/master/spectre-meltdown-checker.sh
>sudo sh spectre-meltdown-checker.sh

post results

Attached: meltdown-spectre-linux-800x450.png (800x450, 101K)

wtf this bricked my pc

>unknown CPU

>not using a tool that actually tries to run the exploit so you know for sure

how fucked am i?

Attached: 25997053358_98f313f134_c.jpg (800x360, 190K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180808_011327.png (908x980, 219K)

>sudo wget
when did this board become filled with retards?

anyway, no part of this script needs to be run as root.

Attached: 2018-08-08-002633_737x1039_scrot.png (737x1039, 192K)

>download this script and run it as root

Attached: 1513978081692.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

>vulnerable
distro?

arch

I thought you could check if the spectre patch was applied without needing anything weird like this.

Litterally this. I ain't running that shit unless I go through the source with a fine comb. Regardless, I already know I am vulnerable to all of the attacks. I haven't updated my kernel since a bit before the vulnerabilities became public because the latest kernel completely fucks up my laptops display. The latest kernel doesn't even think I have a display on the laptop at all. I have been meaning to find where the issue is but I am not concerned since I don't just run random shit.

or just cat /proc/cpuinfo

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/*

the state of loonix every body

>Software with no OEM support can't properly handle a non standard protocol on an oddball chipset
Whoda thunk. In the end it's your own fault for using custom hardware. Don't be a cheapskate and buy a proper laptop next time.

this, I ain't just runnin that shit. jesus fuck

This is actually a Chromebook. Linux support should be perfect. And it was... Until the kernelfags changed something. Changing to openbsd right now. It more or less just werks.

incelfags on suicide watch. how do you even dare go on the internet?

Attached: intelfagsonsuicidewatch.png (776x588, 84K)

We already did this ages ago.

Spector doesn't affect internet usage. Just local software.
>inb4 browsers though
Already mitigated

there is people here vulnerable tho

Nigger that's an oversized smartphone, they don't support it beyond release. They expect you to buy a new one every year.

remember the spectre checker for linux hosted on github that included malware? that was something.

Linux supports old shit Windows won't. Linux != ChromeOS Fuck off brainlet.

That's not how it works. If nobody cares to support something, it falls out of stability with the rest of the system and eventually breaks. Nobody gives a shit to support Chromebooks, not even Google, so Linux support deteriorates over time.

how's performance with it on linux

Ran it on my Ubuntu 18.04.01 VM on my Threadripper 1900X rig. Came out pretty solid. Sucks to be an Intel CPU owner.

so where is the patch for linux?

GNU/Linux*

>run a script you just download as root
Do you take me for a Windows user?

Attached: spectre.png (979x512, 43K)

Attached: file.png (1281x1078, 68K)