What's even the fucking point of blocking ALL js if you can just install umatrix...

What's even the fucking point of blocking ALL js if you can just install umatrix? I'm a web dev and all my websites functionality depends on working Javascript, fuck you if you block it just for the sake of it.

Attached: 1533176732992.png (400x430, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comma.guide/vocative-comma/
gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.en.html
react-etc.net/entry/exploiting-speculative-execution-meltdown-spectre-via-javascript
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i blocked ur post

>I'm a web dev and all my websites functionality depends on working Javascript
And I bet not a single one of them actually needs to.

Why do I have to constantly keep in mind that fags like you exist instead of just doing my shit with as much js as I want?

Attached: 1533651552763.png (1365x767, 1.23M)

I don't give a shit what you do. I just won't use your shitty site.

If your site's functionality relies on JS, you fail as a web developer.

what is zero-day?

Attached: 1524843559399.png (1164x746, 42K)

>blocking
you mean turning off
csp =/= js disabled

good to know we're helping keep things in check

>how dare you protect your privacy, security and performance
Get rekt

because you're either a hobbyist who doesn't matter or a professional who works at the behest of others.

also this, you entitled twit.

fuck off, rajeesh.

Attached: 1506955337999.jpg (415x400, 65K)

Yup, I use uMatrix so I can block all JS by default and only enable for shit websites that need it to work.
However, be aware that any website that needs JS to work is by definition shit.

Die stupid web monkey

I will enable JavaScript if they fix the terrible grammar.
comma.guide/vocative-comma/

Javascript is not the problem.
Non-free JavaScript is.
Make all your JS compliant with the GPL and I'll allow it.
gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.en.html

Use a fallback to tell them to run JS, if they want to be a freetard they don't get to use your site.

shut the FUCK up

Attached: 1517324959056.jpg (1524x1600, 824K)

I use a white list, your garbage code will never run because is completely true.

>give source code to run in MY interpreter
>complain because I control said interpreter and can selectively or completely block which code runs
Weblets please disappear for good.

>implying I block scripts
I don't even have javascript enabled.

I don't want your useless js shit runing on my machine. What? That animation is "good user experience"? "Infinite scroll 4lyfe"? "Dynamic page loading with shotload of ajax calls"? Fuck off.

> I'm a web dev and all my websites functionality depends on working Javascript
Then you fucking suck at development, thanks for making the web unusable, asshole.

Sliders, commets, lazyloading, filters on shops that update with ajax, search fields with suggestions, they are all essential parts of modern web apps

web apps were a mistake

Attached: 1381162372447.jpg (785x662, 94K)

Go to sleep gramps.

That's true if you make static pages or blogs.
Good luck making web interfaces to some real time systems without refreshing it everytime you press any button.

>same picture as few min ago phone poster asking Jow Forums for tech support.
out

>the future platform is the web

Webdev here, I always use JavaScript to provide a modern experience, but 99% of my sites will work even if you disable it.

It's not like I necessarily want to do it, but the clients keep asking for shit like carousels, fancy animated menus and stuff like that.

Thank you for displying a decent level of competence.

I do it too whenever I have chance. I just use react with server side rendering with some fallbacks for non-js.

>fuck you if you block it just for the sake of it.
react-etc.net/entry/exploiting-speculative-execution-meltdown-spectre-via-javascript

>all my websites functionality depends on working Javascript
You are literally all that's wrong with modern websites. Kill yourself immediately. Not even kidding, just remove yourself from the timeline.

This is the way to go. But why not provide a php fallback, so far there hasn't been anything js that I couldn't replace with some php and css. But then again I only do webdev when there isn't any work to do.

Am I the only dev who just uses CSS to make menus?
What's the point of using Javascript for a fucking menu?

Attached: 1529476785670.jpg (380x349, 35K)

Unless you want instantly updated shit of course.

>without refreshing it everytime you press any button.
How about asking ? You know: Leaving 2 options, one for reload, one for enabled scripts.

But the good dev knows how the users have to have it and insults them if they're wrong.

Php is shit and should be dead

t. arseblasted java webdev

Nodejs is a way to go, java, ruby and php is pajeet-tier shit

>Nodejs is a way to go
neck yourself

Attached: disgusting.jpg (100x125, 3K)

>Nodejs is a way to go
>java, ruby and php is pajeet-tier shit
I got some bad news for you. You need to leave the timeline right now.

Attached: 1516049995304.jpg (711x669, 70K)

>t. """backend devs""" who fell for the js is shit and will die soon meme in 2006
Grow up boomers

Attached: 1533599274364.jpg (750x897, 93K)

Due to retards like you js is still a thing, doesn't mean it's any good. But at least that way it's easy to identify those who are clinically braindead. Have fun with your 30000 dependencies just to get the most basic shit running.
>boomer meme
yeah checks out kiddo.

Attached: 1532929309663.png (864x1536, 1.27M)

Have fun getting off the market retard

>implying I am a webdev
>Eat shit, millions of flies can't be wrong

>the frontend developers will replace backend developers
yeah fuck off
JS is a broken garbage language and you have to be clinically retarded to use it for running a proper server
that being said, have you downloaded your npm is-odd module today?

>npm is-odd module
>over a million downloads/week
>1 dependency
I try to repress the memory but then you have to bring it back. Why do you do this to me?

Attached: c3wcxm6tk5h01.jpg (640x714, 52K)

I do it, see It's still really troublesome and some parts just straight up doesn't work, like websockets. But I try to keep bare minimum working. My boss wouldn't like me to waste time on insignificant userbase.

People who hate node have never worked on more complex webservice that uses many other services and utilities. I'm systems programmer by heart, I know C/C++, love Rust, use C# and Java at work. Yet nothing was as comfy and satisfying as node webdev. You just fetch some packages from npm, and glue them together to make an actual tool in much less time and code than in Java or C#. Of course if you are making more complex service that do more than just responding to requests, Java/C# or even C++ (+ whatever for http server) is the way to go. But using them for fancy database interface is just an over engineering.
Also server side rendering is much much easier and allows you to have non-js websites with little effort.

I work with PHP (mostly Symfony), so everything renders even if you disable JS. The only thing you will be missing out are the animations and lazy loading.

Yeah you fucking loser, let me tell you how it is really done: You make everything working with static pages that need to be reloaded and after everything is working you add some onclick or listeners that do a return false; and use XHR instead. This way users with javascript have the good ui that stealthy reloads and people without js can use it too. Don't get me wrong here either! The pages that javascript gets in return need to be FULL pages, so that also user that disable the js midway are able to use it fully. This is how all my sites work and if you are to lazy or to stupid for this, then you are on the wrong fucking board and go back to somewhere else. Fucking loser, this is why I hate selfcalled webdevs.
t. webdev that has evolved to being a sysadmin.

>1- Sliders,
leave a regular field, maybe select, and replace with a slider if JS on
>2- commets,
what?
>3- lazyloading,
fine i guess, also usually doesnt break nonJS use
>4- filters on shops that update with ajax,
annoying as fuck if you mean on single click, if you let the user select several filters before clicking [apply], then its just ajax page uptade, whith its advantages in frugality and what not,
>5- search fields with suggestions,
a cool but not important
>essential
hardly, more like improvement, if you implement any of them in a manner that breaks nonJS usage, youre a retard or more likely a malicious agent, fuck off with your cryptomining.
Theres no reason 1,3,5 shouldnt be added into html specs rather than needing a turing complete language do it.

filters obviously apply serverside, but with the cost of additional DB queries, probably in most cases a full xml list could be fed to the client, and theres no reason too, for the standard Not to include some sort of structured table for browser the browser to handle, sort, filter, paginate...
but w3c is busy with DRM, and mozilla is busy with trannies.

Aqua is not a goddess, just a slut.

Cringe.