Was steve jobs a computer scientist?

was steve jobs a computer scientist?
what do you think about him?

Attached: 689E2723-EFBD-4FCE-8D08-2D9D5318C30D.jpg (470x313, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
youtube.com/watch?v=XXeLPKdpPqM
archive.is/8ZMUq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, but that’s not to say he didn’t have any understanding.
A little bit of genius and dick. Without Apple we would probably be set back a decade or two.

>that nasty hair
i bet if he had gotten a hair cut he wouldn't have died of gay

Attached: letter1.jpg (477x467, 31K)

this

hes no Jow Forumstard, but he was innovative, take something, make it so much better than it becomes an enitrely different thing. Like Airbnb to hotels, Uber to Taxi service, Apple was to consumer adn prosumer technologies.

Key word, WAS, they're fucking useless trash now, but relatively still top of their game.

>was steve jobs a computer scientist?
no he was far too intelligent for that

>His bum was stretched too far for that
FTFY

lol

Fake and gay, typewriters produce monospaced text.

Attached: compooter825756.png (343x383, 15K)

An autistic manchild that manged to be in the perfect place at the perfect time to be surrounded by beta cucks who bent over backwards over his every autistic temper tantrum, allowing him to randomly throw shit at a wall until something stuck, usually other people's ideas like the Mac and iPod, while firing the original creator so he could take over the team and get the credit.

Attached: 1512356974972.png (686x955, 520K)

he was a computer basedentist

He was a butt scientist.

No

>what do you think about him?
I think he was an uncompromising visionary, which obviously led to both positive things as well as negative.

>Jakes Bond

No, he was not.
Every single person who has worked with him said he was a gigantic asshole and a psychopath. So that's what I've come to think of him.

hello /sci/

>Without Apple we would probably be set back a decade or two.
Not even close. Smart phones would have come within a couple years of when iPhone was released even if Apple and Steve Jobs never existed. It was the direction phones were already evolving. They did nothing remarkable for the portable music player market. iPods are still shit to this day. I would literally rather have almost any other mp3 player. iTunes is garbage tier. OS X is garbage (although I'll admit they got multi-monitor support down better than Windows or Linux). iMacs are garbage. macbooks have some technical merits (ie. a touchpad that isn't absolute cancer), but ultimately are still not amazing devices. Really, the best thing they did was iPhone. However, they only beat the evolving market by a year or two tops imo.

>Not even close. Smart phones would have come within a couple years of when iPhone was released even if Apple and Steve Jobs never existed. It was the direction phones were already evolving. They did nothing remarkable for the portable music player market. iPods are still shit to this day. I would literally rather have almost any other mp3 player. iTunes is garbage tier. OS X is garbage (although I'll admit they got multi-monitor support down better than Windows or Linux). iMacs are garbage. macbooks have some technical merits (ie. a touchpad that isn't absolute cancer), but ultimately are still not amazing devices. Really, the best thing they did was iPhone. However, they only beat the evolving market by a year or two tops imo.

Imagine being this youngfag.

Wow such a great counter argument. You have convinced me that I am wrong.

You have your mind already set, I'm not wasting my time on a carefully crafted response to have your autistic ass ignoring it.

Yeah, tell me more about how you could easily refute everything I said, but simply choose not to.

>hehe if course i have a counterargument, i'm just not gonna say it though!

He was an excellent businessman, but likely knew a lot less about the field than most people think.

He was a business man that teamed up with a computer scientist

>picking recent examples
>putting in subjective bullshit
>calling it an argument
Im the guy you’re replying to but this is enough of an argument.

>I'm totally not a samefag and still won't provide any supporting statements for my side of the argument

>genius
he's as genius as Trump

Attached: 1532091803475.jpg (605x586, 70K)

>samefag
Nice argument, you sure showed me.
Let’s see what categories your work defines then.

>not seeing the genius of trump

This.
No other being singlehandedly advanced humanity so much in recent years.

Oh how history repeats itself...

he invented computers so i guess hes pretty important

He was a leader who was willing to use any methods to get the job done.
I respect Jobs' dictatorship
Jobs was a chad and a businessman. The autistic manchildren were the ones working on the hardware complaining about him.
good. you need to be whipped into shape

He was a genius marketing manager whose methods should be studied.

i think hes dead

Steve Jobs was to technology what Joel Osteen is to religion, just a money grubbing prick

>i think hes dead
I agree

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
Start here and be ready for your eyes to be opened by every video on the topic.

> was steve jobs a computer scientist?

No

> what do you think about him?

He was average but was a lucky.

He tried to fight cancer by drinking herbal tea.

Couldn't have been that smart.

no, he was a hipster ideas guy before it became annoying

HAHAHAHAHA B A S E D
and he outlived jobs

MEANY CHITO DRUMF

>Louis rossman
Into the trash it goes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
>When he was 13 in 1968, Jobs was given a summer job by Bill Hewlett (of Hewlett-Packard) after Jobs cold-called him to ask for parts for an electronics project: "He didn't know me at all, but he ended up giving me some parts and he got me a job that summer working at Hewlett-Packard on the line, assembling frequency counters...well, assembling may be too strong. I was putting in screws. It didn't matter; I was in heaven."

> In 1973, Steve Wozniak designed his own version of the classic video game Pong. After finishing it, Wozniak gave the board to Jobs, who then took the game down to Atari, Inc. in Los Gatos, California. Atari thought that Jobs had built it and gave him a job as a technician.[17][18] Atari's cofounder Nolan Bushnell later described him as "difficult but valuable", pointing out that "he was very often the smartest guy in the room, and he would let people know that."[19]

No. Got what he deserved.

>Without Apple we would probably be set back a decade or two.
Kekd heartily

Stay salty

Without Apple and Jobs appealing to brainlet mactoddlers and "we want da normans to use compooters" meme causing the entire tech sector to focus on appeasing brain dead subhumans holding back technology by decades, we'd be more advanced than we could imagine right now.

Attached: 1511321683084.jpg (800x1700, 354K)

I think he was more of a cosmetic design nerd than anything, in that regard he may have been a genius, but I think Steve Wozniak deserves the credit for software design side of the company.

>Louis rossman
>Into the trash it goes
Oh, wow. You really got him now. Can't take anything he has to say seriously because he's actually competent and is names Louis Rossman. Thanks man.

not a computer scientist, but i think he's a bit of a fuckin genius, and i don't even like apple. computers used to be so scary to people but he made them friendly, and it seems simple to do that now, but it took a lot of knowledge about the way people feel to pioneer something like that. he knew how to get people excited even if he was announcing something mundane. he played normies like a fiddle and he knew exactly what he was doing.

to make new technologies you need to understand engineering, mathematics and real science

Fuck drumf and fuck white people

>intel inside your phone
>windows inside your phone
>botnet glass
I never realized how much do I actually appreciate Jobs until now

Imagine being so butthurt you need to move the goalposts.

>rossman
>man

syrian jew

Apple pioneered botnets.

Attached: 1525709405269.png (850x1566, 1.04M)

>Imagine being so butthurt you need to move the goalposts.
But congratulations, we're not talking about anything related to this thread now. Surely every valid criticism of Apple is now dismissed because you'd prefer it that way.

Just ask yourself who owns 90% of the desktop market.
Who owns all of your data?
Who knows all about you?
Now, where does Apple fit into this?

He was a merchant.

trump's iq is literally genius level, look it up

Jobs, Trump and all other narcissistic professional assholes are only geniuses in exploiting others, you could give them a real IQ test and they wouldn't score even 100. Jobs in particular was a failure and exploited Wozniack to do his work for him even before Apple. He was a narcissistic and shameless thief was a strong character, nothing more than that.

He was a marketeer that knew how to sell technology.
A computer scientist is someone who studies/research on computer science.

>trump's iq is literally genius level, look it up
There is a documentary on Netflix called "Dirty Money", watch episode #6 which covers Trump's career in the construction industry and see that he is literally a retard and a fuckup who lost billions simply by being inept at running a normal construction project
youtube.com/watch?v=XXeLPKdpPqM
People are unable to sue Trump for the hundreds of millions he robbed running a fake business school simply because he became president

>a netflix documentary about trump
Surely this will not be biased, it's not like netflix caters to any demographics that are generally hostile to trump or anything

You can't save yourself from bankruptcy thrice over with managerial ineptitude.

Tell that to the bank bailouts

Trump did not receive bailouts.

You can't get into bankruptcy thrice over with managerial aptitude.
FTFY

No, that's why he could be successful.

>the absolute state of wozfag revisionism

Companies in general tend to copy each and all head in similar direction for their products.

Simply put, apple was better in quality, design, real world application, etc

Apple just did it fucking better.

Ipod was literally the best mp3 player when it came out and stayed that way. Same think with Iphone and Ipad for a few years, do you even remember how bad android phones where when they started out. They where literal thrash.

Steve Jobs is revered rightfully for being an excellent leader for Apple.

Apple has been lost with Tim Cook. Even with all their reserves in wealth and rising stock its all built from Jobs vision.

They need to find someone new to take Apple in a better direction. Right now they are just maintaining with Cook

He was merely a product designer and salesman
Wozniak was the real engineer and computer nerd

Attached: sp1005824_1.png.jpg (450x320, 17K)

He was a talented showman and entrepeneur with good engineers and designers on his side, that's all, he wasn't a computer scientist.

As far as I know Woz never sold a thing.
To quote my old employer, "Nothing happens until someone sells something".

>He was a talented showman and entrepeneur with good engineers and designers on his side, that's all, he wasn't a computer scientist.
... and that's all that was needed to make a $Billion company.
Has any computer scientist done that?

Seriously, what the fuck is up with your reddit spacing?

>Ipod was literally the best mp3 player when it came out and stayed that way
Incorrect. Literally any other mp3 player is better. iPod requires you to use iTunes, which for some reason decides to completely erase everything on your device every time you change any of the songs on it. It also stores the files without their original filenames.

>Iphone

I already acknowledged that they were ahead of the game with that. However, we would have had smart phones just as good within a couple years even without them.

>do you even remember how bad android phones where when they started out. They where literal thrash.
They were better than iPhones, given equivalent hardware.

>Ipad
Garbage tier technology. I don't take anyone seriously who uses a tablet for anything other than a home controller.

Your old employer was retarded. You need something to sell.

i think it's a pity he didn't die in his early twenties.

thistbhfam

He died of pancreatic cancer.

That's a pretty gay way to die

Without Apple we'd be a decade or two ahead. We'd still have diversity in phones and not just an endless supply of iClones.

He was just a clever businessman. Steve Wozniak was the brains behind the actual computer programming and such.

who?

>iTunes is garbage tier.
this
archive.is/8ZMUq

gee thx for bringing everybody to the internet with the iphone and in effect provoking the emergence of social media and the internet we have today
im glad hes dead and im glad hes gone tbqhwyf

This. Apple has been the limiting factor in our modern technology for a long time now. Every phone looks the same and countless people complain that they would want something better but it's not available, because companies copy the trendy Apple. Even iPods were not that great because the normal drag&drop was disabled and the only way to get music on to it was using iTunes. Mac computers have been thermal throttling since CRT monitor times. Their laptop charger cables burn down houses because they are weaker than any alternative. The first iPhone was probably the last phone of its era that didn't have 3G, that came in the second generation. All their devices are designed to look good first and them perform whatever. They are pushing the thin meme more than their devices can handle when they could improve the internals first while keeping the same measurements.

Consummate salesman - he sold absolute shit that he stole off others at a fucking premium to people literally because he decided to make it a premium brand.

But he also died of pancreatic cancer that could have been treatable but chose not to because of his belief in holistic medical treatments.

You decide which of my points are good or bad.

Attached: 10012556-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 98K)

He was hell of a marketing guy. And if people liked that about him it's fine. He was very good at it but he was not a computer or tech guy which is how he is portrayed.

>he sold absolute shit that he stole off others at a fucking premium to people literally because he decided to make it a premium brand.
and what's the problem with that? a lot of people willingly pay money for it. nobody is forcing them to choose Apple. as a result, the company he founded is the world's first trillion dollar company. that's a fucking achievement. what have you done?

If a naive rube buys a bridge off a dodgy swindler, who is worse - the mark for being so naive or stupid, or the dodgy guy who just convinced a fool to be easily parted with their money?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x678, 157K)

>he's tricking people
nobody's being tricked.

Steve Jobs was exactly the kind of narcissistic asshole that was necessary to corral talented researchers, engineers and designers under the same roof working towards similar goals, and convince other people to part with grand fortunes in investment capital. He was also the kind of narcissistic asshole to park in handicapped spots, not shower and tell his doctor to fuck off because he could beat cancer with raw food and exercise.

>appil prodikts = same closed source hardware as the rest of us (often throttled for performance to literally promote planned obsolescence) and closed source os stolen from open source, sold to macfags at an inflated price as "premium product"

>nobody's being tricked

I think you've got me wrong here - I'm was impressed by his salesmanship. Very few brands carry the same level of kudos as Apple and that's ALL marketing - instigated mostly by him. It's a model that works and as you've pointed out - it has.

>t. married 20 odd yrs, couple of kids, run a moderately successful ICT/Ed company, spend down time shitposting on 4chinz or volunteering in muh community.

>probably won't die from treatable pancreatic cancer tho...

>and tell his doctor to fuck off because he could beat cancer with raw food and exercise.
why do people go this far to try to deny he died of AIDS? everyone knows he didnt live with his (((wife))), that he became a closet homo, being a closet homo is a very common thing for assholes to do, dying for no good reason is not

>butthurt autist

>sad appilfag with no argument so responds with pissweak adhom

>Without Apple we'd be a decade or two backwards. We'd still have shitty W98 tier desktops and use shitty Nokia phones with calculator tier displays.

Fix.