Why do you buy non-Samsung SSDs, G?

Why do you buy non-Samsung SSDs, \G\?

Attached: 180123-120043.jpg (602x401, 98K)

Because I got a 1TB Crucial drive for 99€, also Samsung Evo 840 was a bug ridden piece of trash.

I don't, just bought a 960 evo 250GB for a backup rig

Because I have an Evo 960 Pro in my desktop. Thing's awesome, I've seen like 3 GB/s reads and over 1 GB/s write.

Still I got a Sandisk SSD to speed up a friend's slow non-gaming machine. It was a good price, and the machine didn't need amazing performance. No point wasting money on an expensive SSD for web and office.

I don't have any ssds

cheap, fast enough, and my stuff is 3-2-1 backed up so I don't care.

Your mechanical drives will wear out much faster if used as system disks. I burned through two WD Blacks before finally getting one.

I have 860 evo 4tb

because I'm poor

My 840 evo still works fine and will probably even migrate to my next machine.

botnet

Attached: samsungssdsarestillrecommendedongee.jpg (440x656, 73K)

Great, that must mean that the well documented issues with it did not exist at the time.

Can't you just unplug the ethernet cable while updating the firmware?

Attached: fry.png (603x452, 188K)

I don't, because they are 100% the best.

That's fairly reasonable.

fucking zoomers I swear to god

I got what was cheapest at the time. So I have an OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, a Samsung 850Evo 250GB and a Mushkin Triactor 1TB

have never had SSD in my life, am i officially a boomer?
btw my write/read speeds do not exceed 5MB/s

because most

When are you going to realize that not all data collection is spying on you and most companies do it in order to improve their products?

Just don't update your drive's firmware then. You don't even need to install Magician in that case. They're only collecting that data so they can make improvements to the firmware based on the device configurations.

>not using enterprise grade HDDs
I have one, 6-7 years of daily usage, almost 30k hours, no SMART failures. I use hibernation, and main torrent disk, so it writes several gigs a day.
So yeah, (You) brought that to yourself.

Attached: Goodkekas.gif (350x193, 3.01M)

A typical SSD can be filled and emptied daily for a couple decades before failure is likely. You're wasting lots of time using a mechanical drive for OS and app databases.

>defending spyware
that's just sad

because Toshiba is better and last longer without goofy bugs

Because Applel uses Toshiba in their laptops, while no name trash is fine for my desktop not to run like pure shit and not even a PCI e SSD is going to achieve much more with winshit.