Quo vadis, Firefox??

testpilot.firefox.com/experiments/advance

>Advance delivers real-time recommendations to your Firefox sidebar while you browse. Advance uses your current browsing to suggest related news and similar pages to read next, and uses your browsing history to create a personalized feed of quality content.

Utter bullshit imho.

Attached: Title-Alt-firefox-logo-679306.jpg (620x413, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seclists.org/oss-sec/2018/q3/29
blog.qutebrowser.org/cve-2018-10895-remote-code-execution-due-to-csrf-in-qutebrowser.html
testpilot.firefox.com/experiments/tab-center
privacytools.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whaaat? I can't hear you from my browser.

Attached: qb.png (270x270, 18K)

Mozillafags will defend this.

LITERALLY sends your info to some 3rd party data merchants.

>a personalized feed of quality content
aka web cancer

>test pilot
Literally nothing
>even if it makes it into stable for everyone you can still opt out
>browser fully open source
Literally nothing
stop spreading FUD

A mozillafag has defended this.

kek, like clockwork

Why does this shit need dbus?

It's sinking. I repeat, IT'S FUCKING SINKING!!
Abandon ship! Abandon shit! Abandon ship!

>can't argue
>better shitpost to hide this
Kys

> botnetbrowser
LMAO

seclists.org/oss-sec/2018/q3/29

We should take that shit called servo and build a browser around it and cuck mozilla.

>Abandon ship! Abandon shit! Abandon ship!
>Implying anybody she hasn't done that already
Funny how chromium is more privacy oriented than Firefox nowadays.

That’s pretty much what Waterfox is trying to do.
Same to you.

Anybody sane*

>”literally nothing” is an argument now
You have to go back.

You're cherry picking a single line or can't read. If there was something wrong with the experiment you'd have something to say against it. Also, OP's "utter bullshit imho" is an argument?

So, what would be a good alternative then? ungoogled-chromium?

>ungoogled-chromium
Regular chromium is more than enough.
Also, depending on how actively you use plugins, there are many alternatives. Even Microsoft Edge might be preferable.

>You're cherry picking a single line
That was literally the argument. Also, I shouldn’t have to say anything because it’s bullshit that a proclaimed privacy-oriented FOSS project would sink to such a low. Not that I’d expect a fucking shill to understand why this would be concerning.

>Funny how chromium is more privacy oriented than Firefox nowadays.
I never thought such a day would come.

Just opt out lol

>opt out
Fucking seriously? It's not even "opt-in"?

wat

Let me simplify it for you.
Need plugins => chromium, Vivaldi
Don't need plugins => Edge, Brave, Midori, whatever

Bump. I want to give it a try, but I don't need or want to run dbus.

it is opt in

I don't know about vivaldi but doesn't chromium phone home?

>Edge
Wincuck

I already switched to Iridium a long time ago

Ah yes, another feature with privacy issues that no one asked for. Thank you Mozzarella.

Apple Safari doesn't have this problem.

Nah, it has a couple thousand more serious issues though.

I am honestly surprised at the number of people believing that they are honest "recommendations" and not straight up paid advertisement. I mean, why does it keep recommending me the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post or The Guardian, when I read these sites exactly 0 times per day. It's also interesting that all the articles that are "recommended for you" are political in some way.
Every fucking time I install Firefox on some machine (mostly for webdev testing), I open it up and get immediately blasted with antifa news, seriously I'm sick of this shit and I'm sick of Mozilla (and other companies) shoving politics in my face to show how "progressive" they are. Chrome doesn't give me any of that shit, which is why it's my main browser. There, I said it.

how it comes then that the acidtest scores higher on saphari than on firefox

>privacy-oriented FOSS project
Anyone who cares about privacy will spend the 3 minutes required to disable all the bullshit. Why shouldn't browser devs make a profit of some sort? There isn't a single fucking browser that gives you as much control over itself as Firefox, nothing comes close.

>acidtest
get on with times grampa, this isn't 2008 or "muh web 2.0" times. Safari is trash.

It's just a testpilot program, I'm not worried

t. 97let

No, anything chrome based is trash. Use Firefox or IceCat. If you have to use the shit blink engine then Brave is the only choice which isn't absolutely terrible.

t. featurelet

It's a tespilot program

If you spend your time debating politics and talking about Antifa, you'll get recommendations concerning those topics. That seems like a much easier answer.

No I'm talking about the first startup on a new install. Of course I disable the dumpster fire that is Pocket immediately, so I only see it when I've freshly installed the browser. And Firefox isn't my main browser, so it doesn't know what sites I visit since I use Chrome (and no, I don't import History or anything). So - how do these sites always end up being recommended, if it's not advertisement? And how does it happen to always be political news articles?

On the first startup, the "recommended pages" should be empty, in theory, because the browser shouldn't know what to recommend, since you haven't visited any links with it yet - IF this feature was genuine.

>you should do the work that the devs are supposed to be doing
>they should monetize in a way that conflicts with their mission because donations aren’t a thing
I’ll be glad when your sellout organization collapses.

>Anyone who cares about privacy will
Not use Firefox in the first place instead of spending time to monitor all the shitty stuff they include and reactivate on updates.

>There isn't a single fucking browser that gives you as much control over itself as Firefox, nothing comes close.
Old vimb and luakit, for example.

Could also be that it recommends what's popular among other users

>not use Firefox for privacy
No alternative exists. The only out of the box privacy browsers are tor and icecat.

>No alternative exists
Any small browser that has active development. And you don't have to worry about retarded data collection and advertising "experiments".
>Out of the box privacy
I thought we were talking about Firefox that includes such things as Pocket and installs third-party add-ons by default. It is not privacy oriented, especially out of the box.

>having to opt out

get the fuck out, crap like this should be opt-in

>I thought we were talking about Firefox
Reading comprehension
>Any small browser
>privacy, security and quality. Not to mention features.
No

>No
Great argument. I'm convinced.

Argument against what? You didn't provide any arguments yourself nor any alternatives. Your post is as worthless as you are.

> expecting a valid argument from a shill
costanza.jpg

How can you post a vuln before checking if it's been fixed? Shill or shithead?

*It was fixed in the v1.4.1 release*

source: blog.qutebrowser.org/cve-2018-10895-remote-code-execution-due-to-csrf-in-qutebrowser.html

READ NIGGA, READ!

spyware.neocities.org

This and pic related.

Attached: otter-browser.png (270x270, 59K)

>You didn't provide any arguments yourself nor any alternatives.
Have you even looked at ?
You spout FUD like "there are no secure browsers" when is obvious you have never even looked around while sucking Mozilla's cock.

Guy who introduced, found and fixed that vulnerability here. I could've fixed it silently without telling anyone, and nobody would care. I chose to do the opposite to get people to upgrade, and because it's the right thing to do.

>Blink browser
Trash. Doesn't offer nearly as much security as gecko.
>sucking Mozilla's cock
You're using political arguments in a technology debate, of course I'm not going to take your shitposts seriously.

I don't understand the drama inthis thread. The most cancerous shit I saw on Firefox are the "pro-tip" when you open it. You have to look for shit like the op to find them. Firefox still is the best browser I know.

Oh look, its even more fucking pointless bloat that I need to get rid of.
Fuck you Mozilla.

Attached: 1487784575081.gif (700x393, 1.5M)

Does ESR 60 have this problem? If so I'll be happy to use icecat 60.

>After installation, Laserlike will receive your web browsing history.
Its literally sending your browsing history to some literally fucking who company owned by pajeets.

Attached: Capture.png (463x573, 163K)

thanks user

Lots of great info there but some of it is also completely fucking retarded.
Why does it act shocked that if you sign in to a Google account and enable sync your shit gets sent to Google? Not to mention calling things that aren't keyloggers a keylogger.

It's an addon you dumbshits you don't have to install it.

Might want to read up on what Test Pilot is, chucklefuck.

Yeah every single addon makes it out of the testing phase that's why we have vertical tabs right now amrite dumbass?

testpilot.firefox.com/experiments/tab-center

>HTTP is spyware
>VLC metadata retrieval is spyware
>giving billing details to buy things is spyware
Epic site user.

If it was what it promised, pump it into my veins.

But it wont be.

>complaining about things that are optional

Attached: 1533729613068.jpg (166x134, 7K)

So? Its still something that could be added to Firefox, it literally says that on the "About Test Pilot" page, faggot.
There is no doubt Mozilla would do that if it made them more money.

Basically it's an idea that Mozilla maybe might consider releasing either as an addon or as an optional feature in the future. There's no way they'd ship this as a feature that is always on though. Even the "social API" they added years back only activated when you visited certain sites like facebook and specifically installed the addon for the site.

>Trash. Doesn't offer nearly as much security as gecko.
Once again, excellent argument.
>You're using political arguments
What?

Most of what Jow Forums says negatively about Mozilla ranges from outright lies to baseless FUD.

But literally the only possible defense for this is that it's (currently) opt-in (and nightly-only, I believe). Which still makes it fucking garbage and whoever proposed it should've been fired before this made it anywhere.

no umatrix and a lot other essential addons & can't handle 1000 tabs

>argument
Pic related is only a small part. I'm not going to spoon feed you with reasons why Firefox is better than chrome trash. If any other browser had good security and privacy features Tor browser wouldn't be based on Firefox.
Also see privacytools.io/

Attached: the_king_speaks.png (756x481, 101K)

>privacytools.io
Your whole argument just went down the drain.

Why would you need umatrix when turning off javascript gives you the same results as blocking scripts by default?

IMPLEMENT MORE FUNCTIONALITIES

HOW ABOUT FIREFOX CORPO MIMICS READING LIST

WE NEED FEATURES, GUYS AND GUYSINISSES

Reminder: youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY

Attached: mozilla.jpg (1800x954, 72K)

MORE FEATURES

HOW ABOUT WE IMPLEMENT SNAPCHAT FUNCTIONALITY AS FIREFOX HELLO WAS A TOTAL SUCCESS

>Firefox
>still no built-in RSS functionality
Thanks, but I'll stay with Vivaldi

Because I'm gonna trust what an oy vey has to say.

>post only shitposts
>no arguments
>no counter arguments except cherrypicking a line of text and shitposting against it with 0 arguments
You can't even argue, you fucking Jew. Be better than your mother who failed to have an abortion and kill yourself.

There's obviously a lot of imbeciles and shills spreading FUD against the only good browser on the market.

WHERE ARE THE FEATURES

LET'S IMPLEMENT FULL SCREEN VIDEO RECORDING

WE NEED TO CATCH UP TO CHROME, FOLKS

FEATURES

>qui vaTACO SPICK WALL
Speak English you tax evadung daughter fucking breeding like a virus cunt.

>chrome
>features
What? That piece of shit doesn't have half the features Firefox has. Can't set a wallpaper directly from itself, can't handle 3rd party protocols of other software you have installed, doesn't have about:config, doesn't have half as good settings layout, etc. Firefox has a significantly better integration with your OS and has a bigger set of built-in tools that chrome. Just because chrome has 2 or 3 things that Firefox doesn't it doesn't mean that Firefox "lacks features".

Some scripts are needed and umatrix allows you to choose what to allow

His points are still valid and not subjective though.

>Can't set a wallpaper directly from itself
OH YES, THAT'S CRUCIAL, THAT'S WHY WE AT MOZILLA ARE STILL THE BEST

HEY, WANNA CROSSDRESS ON MOZILLA CORPO CAMPUS AND CELEBRATE HOW AWESOME AND FEATURE PACKED FIREFOX IS?

With all the recent fuckups mozilla has been doing, im gonna go back to chromium.

Since when is recording the browser crucial? Stop shitposting

Based.

Attached: real laughing whore.jpg (673x1000, 175K)