Untitled

Attached: imessage-blue-versus-vs-sms-text-green.jpg (700x386, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2018 soon too be 2019
>SMS
for what purpose

Ugh, I hate those green virgin bubbles.

interoperability

>racism

> look mum i did it again
grow up

American problems

In the first case it goes through a cell tower by a carrier. In the second case it goes through Apple. Both are companies that wish to make a profit. I don't really see the difference between the two.

>blue bubble
Murrica, Canada or Straya.
>green bubble
Same countries but without iPhones. In the rest of the world iPhone users are forced to use other instant messengers because nobody uses neither sms nor iMessage.

Is it possible to get laid without iMessage in a major US coastal city

Teenagers worry about the silliest things.

Because my cell phone can only send SMS and MMS.

And?

Attached: awaiting further information.jpg (810x540, 27K)

Yanks, they're pretty much the only ones wjo haven't moved on
No data?

I have literally never once heard anybody in real life talk about blue and green text messages. If I surrounded myself with vapid cunts that care about such things I'd probably neck myself.

Yikes. And it most likely costed more than the cheapest Android smartphones.

Funny how some people still think iPhone is a status symbol when in reality my phone costed more and is also better
Every retard can buy an iPhone now

Eh. 50€ isn't that much and it's more durable than any smartphone.

Pretty much no. Green bubbles = dropped.

It's universal. I'll take SMS over using a multitude of instant messengers any day. Also I don't have a phone so I text using my mail client.

Guaranteed delivery with dedicated infrastructure.
Although, apparently, if you're Apple, regulations don't exist.

Who actually uses iMessage? Is it just muricans? Everyone uses snapchat or whatsapp/messenger where I live.

>unlimited SMS
>don't use any normie services like Facebook, Snapchat etc.

>snapchat
Proprietary botnet
>whatsapp
Proprietary botnet

Good one.

I imagine it's mostly used by cliques of Apple users

Snapchat depends on using a nonfree client program (“app”), meaning one that the users do not have control over. It is folly to trust a nonfree program. See
gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html.

>Guaranteed delivery
lmao what, you should look up some numbers, SMS is not very reliable

Americans still swipe and have datacapson their connection, what do you think?

We've had EMV for a few years and it fucking sucks. And my Internet's not capped.

Thanks God I'm not a burger

Currently using the PH-1 and I am missing iMessage from my X. May just have to switch out my SIM shortly.

>costed
Calling anyone else a retard. Cisted is only used when referring to setting a price.
>The brain salesman costed your brain at a paultry $0.01

>tfw iFags have to use WhatsApp on most countries of the Euro if they want to talk to anyone
And that's a good thing.

Attached: 1522022501554.jpg (223x226, 8K)

>Be American
>Waddle outside
>Get shot for not using iPhone™ iMessage®

So is iMessage. The only "free" thing is the protocol.

>So is iMessage.
Yes. That doesn't legitimize WhatsApp or Snapchat.

What's the difference with imessage and the default SMS client on iPhones? (if there's any)

And shitting on both doesn't legitimize iMessage™®.

>So is iMessage.
>And shitting on both doesn't legitimize iMessage™®.
Stop thinking in false dichotomies.
All three, WhatsApp, Snapchat and iMessage, are proprietary garbage only blithely unaware children would use.

good luck convincing your normie friends to start using something that's not a proprietary botnet

>sending unencrypted messages over mobile network
No, thanks.

Found the shitskin.

Wanna know how I know you have no friends?

iMessage and SMS go through the same built-in Messages app. When you put in someone's contact details, the send button will turn blue or green depending on whether they are subscribed to iMessage (i.e. have an iPhone)

My friends can choose from a variety of protocols to contact me:
* PGP encrypted email
* XMPP
* BitMessage
* Snail mail letter
* Talk to me in person
If that's not enough, I doubt their sincerity as a friend.

>i.e. have an iPhone
For the record you can use iMessage on OS X as well

>Proprietary software is bad
>Y-you have no friends!

Attached: 1510330961633.png (800x729, 48K)

no wonder you're alone

I know, I'm a turbo Applefag and I use iMessage on macOS. Most iMessage users wouldn't have Macs though.

Strong virgin stench

How come no one's mentioned not being online 24/7 and still being able to communicate?

At least try Telegram or Signal.

>connected to cell grid
>not being online

>be Apple
>makes some generic SMS client with the solely feature bubbles that change according to the OS of the user who senr the message
>itoodlers still defend it

Thanks for proving my point.

>We've had EMV
Have you managed to fuck that up too? In here I just show my wallet to the payment thing and I'm done if the purchase is under 25€, it's fast as hell

I guess you mean in the hypothetical situation in which you had friends or someone who wanted to contact you

We can do that here too, but EMV is slow as balls compared to swiping for some reason. When I got my first a credit card not having an EMV chip was the most important factor in which card I chose.

You don't have mobile data in the US? You can send messages over data when you only have a mobile connection, but you can't call or send SMS when you only have a wifi connection.
You've fucked it up, it's quick as hell in here

I haven't fucked anything up, I just avoided others' fuckups.

>Have you managed to fuck that up too?
Probably slow as molasses internet, american communication infrastructure isn't know for being great.

kek, it's literally 4 seconds.

This whole thing is an Apple shill operation to get their target demographic, teenage girls, to invalidate Android. Prove me wrong, pro tip, you can't.

>kek, it's literally 4 seconds.
If you're lucky. Also the force EMV feature is ridiculous. There are people who have fucked chips but the magstripe still works and they have to fail at using EMV for payment three times (even though they know EMV won't work) before they can swipe.

I didn't mean you specifically, but the US. It's a great and fast system, but you guys have it slow so the biggest advantage is gone.
Fuck that sounds annoying. In Finland you show the card (or in my case, wallet, since I've put it there so that I don't have to take it out) to the payment thingy, just a quick bump to its side and before you put your wallet back in your pocket a receipt is already being printed. And I've never had it fail, I wonder what the causes for it failing over there are. Poor connection?

>If you're lucky.
Absolutely not. It's 100% fast as that.

>There are people who have fucked chips but the magstripe still works and they have to fail at using EMV for payment three times (even though they know EMV won't work) before they can swipe.
Compared to relying only on a insecure and fragile authentication method that's magstripe, it's definitely an upgrade.

>only has one card

Lots of people use iMessage in the UK too

Another fun fact about the US, we dropped wireless cards in favour of EMV instead of adding EMV in addition to contactless payment..

>Absolutely not. It's 100% fast as that.
You couldn't be more wrong.
>Compared to relying only on a insecure and fragile authentication method that's magstripe, it's definitely an upgrade.
Needing to try and fail repetitively at something you know won't work before you can use the method you know will work is anything but an upgrade.

>Trusting Facebook with your messages.
>A good thing
That's never a good thing

I have three, two debits and one Visa Electron, though I don't see what that matters or how that was what you choose to comment about my post.

It must be a shit implementation. Even here in eastern eu it works in like two seconds, and I only ever had reliability issues with the magstripe like ten years ago. I don't know about the forced stuff you mentioned because it literally never failed.

Intel is fucked
And so are Pajeets

wait that doesn't rhyme, shit

Netherlands uses Whatsapp

Calm down, I'm just a brainlet and never dared to use my wallet because which card would be used? All of them?

I'm a cashier (partially) so I encounter hundreds of cards a day. A failed EMV chip is rather rare but due to the volume of cards I see it's an almost daily occurrence.

>You couldn't be more wrong.
It's literally 4 seconds, I'm telling you. Why would lie about that?

>Needing to try and fail repetitively at something you know won't work before you can use the method you know will work is anything but an upgrade.
Either force the new standard or retards will still using the old one. It's an upgrade and magstripe is just there as a fallback. If you had a magstripe only card and managed to fuck it, you would have nothing else.

Okay, and I never saw a failed chip and if I got one I'd ask for a replacement card.

Ah, that's what you mean. I was honestly just confused by what you meant. I have two cards with contactless payment (the Visa Electron is probably ten years old and doesn't have it). When I open my wallet, I have my main debit card, on the inside of the wallet, at the front on one side and the others (less used ones) further back so they don't get read through the leather. So it's not an issue in that case. On the other side I have my transit card that's also contactless, so most of the time I don't need to get anything from my wallet which is handy.

Reminder this exists

Attached: Capture.png (847x742, 160K)

>It's literally 4 seconds, I'm telling you. Why would lie about that?
That's your anecdotal experience. Just because it's that fast where you are doesn't it's that fast anywhere else.
>Either force the new standard or retards will still using the old one. It's an upgrade and magstripe is just there as a fallback.
Exactly, forcing the new standard is the issue. You need to use the main method that you know won't work three times before you can even attempt to use the fallback method.
>If you had a magstripe only card and managed to fuck it, you would have nothing else.
Actually depending on the register at the business you're at you could ask the cashier to manually enter the card number.

I would too but neither of us is the average person.

*doesn't mean

>ten year old cards
You don't get a new one automatically every few years?

RCS when?

Now thst you mention it, I think I got a new card many years ago, but it's so old I'm not sure when. I think the debit cards are being renewed more frequenty but I'm not sure about the Electron, I don't know what's up with that one. In any case, at this point it's just a backup card I've kept in my wallet for some reason.
Also, here's a fantastic artistic rendition of my wallet, with the two contactless cards at the front and others, such as my library card, my combined debit/student id card, shop loyalty cards (or whatever they're called and social security card at the back. Though in reality I have three spaces each side for the cards so it's not quite as cramped as in the fantastic pic I made. Also driver's license in a see-through pocket in the middle, though it's a bit pointless because nobody accepts it like that, you have to hand it to them so they know it's not just a pic someone printed or something

Attached: sketch-1533729563076.png (1920x1440, 392K)

go ahead, buy another iphone
please
keep buying them

>forcing peer pressure is not considered an anti-competitive practice
Looks like Apple is really immune to law.

For the dreamland of capitalism, Americans sure let it get into awful shape before they do anything

>you need to use proprietary devices to communicate with your friends and family
>you need to be a fuckboy for all IT corporations that sells your personal info to third partys, so they can feed this shit to a botnet and have better advertising
>you see this ads and buy new shit you never needed
>if you don't wanna buy it, society makes you an outsider
>and this is just a small part of picture that running all our civilization
Souls of a brave, who died before us, for us, can never be rested

Attached: 1531978044875.png (500x500, 351K)

Enjoy your botnet tracking device, goy.

true?

I totally don't know now, cards here have an expiration date. After that they won't work.

So do cards in here and my debit cards definitely do. I think either it's now at the end of its life and that's why it's been so long or I just don't remember replacing it. But considering that it doesn't have contactless payment, it has to be fairly old.

Okay, I'm aware we are talking on a taiwanese puppet website but cards have release date and expire date printed on them. And they certainly don't last for ten years.

>be living in Netherlands for 2 months
>noticed all Dutch people use WhatsApp
hmm but why

I heard it in a pretty crappy rap song on the radio, I heard apples numbers are hurting so bad they are trying this marketing.

not if your a teen.

>Nunez
and stopped right there.

Why would You install messenger when You can just send SMS?

You know what I meant. And let's also not pretend reception is good enough everywhere for mobile data.
Why are you assuming everyone who's replied to you is from one country?