Why is programming promoted by the media?

This

>For most people in our society, computer programming has no importance at all in daily life. We live in a digital world where software is >crucial to our daily lives, and the only thing we need to be concerned with is how to use the software effectively. We do not, however, >need to be concerned with how to write this software, because we are users, not programmers.
>This is what computer literacy is all about. We should be effective users. We should understand how computers work, in general. But >there is no need for us to know how to write software, just as there is no need for us to know how to build hardware.

I saw it on all sorts of media outlets which where telling how important it is, how well paid software developers are etc. I jumped on the bandwagon to learn to code thinking it's "THE FUTURE". IT's just another more sophisticated trade. What is all the fuss about in the first place?

Attached: de.jpg (616x347, 38K)

There's no fuss about it, you nigger. More and more manual labor is being automated.
It's obvious that people will have to adapt by getting jobs that are not as easily automated.

Pro coders aren't cheap. People are encouraged to get in coding world so wages could be pushed down.

It's a subtle way of making people go to those jobs. Western economy can only hold with these kind of jobs compared to the cheap shit that chinks sell. Also push wages down.

people being smarter isn't bad, the general gaggle of retards could stand to solve their problems on their own

It isn't. Coding is whats promoted everywhere, and as you know koding =/= programming.

You're implying that being or becoming a coder makes you smarter. I've met plenty of "coders" that are completely retarded and unable to comprehend the simplest of logic. Yet they'll act like they're the best.

well yea, there's a reason fizzbuzz is a meme
but surely one faggot out there is getting smarter

turn programming into low-skill shitshow and make it controlled

Hopefully I'm that faggot now.

>the media
How stupid you must be listen to media. They lie and push agenda 100% of the time. Go to Jow Forums for some redpills on msm.

cringe.

It's most likely because in the future, all computer work will involve programming at some level. Even the accountancy studies at colleges now have some weeks programming.

Iv been there, it hurts my eyes being there, can't even imagine the lives people live who constantly wage wars over there.

>Doesn't trust corporate media
>Trusts Jow Forums instead
This is even stupider than just trusting corporate media.

You guys are falling for obvious bait.

we live in a society

Demand for programmers will keep growing in the future?

Only webshit is actually promoted, to get people to work on the botnet. You will never hear about scientific computing, embedded, real time and military applications in the msm. Those are "boring and uncool"

It doesn't matter. Normies can't handle the autistic nature of it.

Learning the basics of "coding" will only get you a shitty job making WordPress sites for slightly above minimum wage as a junior forever because you're useless.
The amount of people who try programming is high but the amount who actually make it to even intermediate level is incredibly low.

Congratulations you used scratch to make a cat go meow

>What is all the fuss about in the first place?
>IT's just another more sophisticated trade
You answered your own question. Sophisticated in demand trades have always throughout history gotten a lot of attention.

The more programmers there are the less businesses have to pay them as a whole. No one is in big businesses pockets more than the media.

Damn. Facts is facts though.

Learn how to greentext you goddamn retard

Attached: 1523696773664.jpg (1066x600, 193K)

Goddamn we need to get rid of Jow Forums. It breeds retardation.

Nope. It will stagnate with lowered wages, like every industry since man learned to cultivate plants.

they want to devalue to industry and workforce to make things worse
just like they did with college and education

Wasn't bait. I am serious.

>media lies
>pol points it out
>g says pol is retarded for pointing out reality
yah, ignorance is bliss I guess. But how fucking stupid you must be to keep your head so deep in sand.

>Why is programming promoted by the media?

Anything field that's popular, the media pushes for more diversity in it.

Fuck never thought about this

Fuck. This guy might be right

lol okay.

Programming is the writing a book of technology. A lot of people think about it but almost nobody does it.

OP was talking about normie koding though

I was talking about normie writing. So what's the difference? Same with normie math or normie sports. Most of the suck at it.

the real secret is that writing code is 10% of the total dev time, the other 90% is reading code
hmmm makes you think

media = Jews
Jews want to push Western technological advancement (especially military and AI stuff, primarily to make the Yidon plan easier)

>Why is programming promoted by the media?
Because the more programmers there are, the less companies can pay them. It's that simple. They don't do all those "Coding For " events out of the kindness of their hearts.

>we
Fucking kill yourself on the way back to r/technology you raging faggot

mfw people hate the far right so much they position their own mind into the embrace of a corporatocracy that lies and pushes an agenda on them 24 hours a day. Fuck pol but do you really believe CNN has your best interests? Are you fucking serious right now?

It would certainly be a nicer world as a whole if people were more literate in basic programming and computing. The ever-constant push to appeal to the lowest common denominator has been a net negative, in my opinion.

That being said, the push to get people into computing/programming as a CAREER is certainly retarded.

Here's my 2 cents as a self taught amateur programmer that NEETs and codes pretty much all the time as a hobby. Getting into programming on the most basic level is easy. I mean
> print("hello world")
Yay! I'm programming. Any program can be distilled down to input => do something with input => output. Simple as that. Once you grok that and see the logic, the rest is just interpolation. Now, here's the hard part. To get good and I mean professionally good, after mastering the core input/output/variables/loops/branching etc. comes algorithms and data structures. Also depending on the domain there's various forms of math. Wanna work on a trading app, best be up on statistics, and so forth. That first part though, learning the core language and really mastering it including closures, OOP, and all that shit, normies will balk about half way through. If you don't have the passion, it's mind numbingly boring and you will never be any good even if you force yourself. Forget about the algorithm part.
And this goes for web devs even. Javascript/ECMAscript is getting fuck ass sophisticated. They keep adding shit that while useful does increase the cognitive load as it is more complex. This isn't going to end tomorrow. The push for normies to into coding is doomed to failure. Any trade and coding is a trade fuck you if you don't agree, but any trade is easy at first. Anybody can nail two boards together, but can you frame a house? You can fix your running toilet, can you plumb an office building? FUCK ASSS NOOOOOO
>pic not related but made you look

Attached: 1518109443094.jpg (2048x1151, 599K)

>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Whats the difference?

There are more farmers now than when we learned to cultivate plants. If you think the industry wont grow as more and more sectors are automated then youre a fuck

idk man. i learned javascript last year on and off. it took about 3 months but once you get past that hump of learning classes, for loops, JSON, OOP styles, async stuff, the rest of the shit becomes easy and you can learn pretty much any language. i learned python in about a week. c++ took a few months, java about two weeks, and im currently learning golang. programming's not hard when you learn break every problem down into steps and think many steps into the future. its sort of like chess i guess.

idk man, seen algorithms makes me feel things that i dont want to feel.

>pro coders

"coding" is the term used by brainlet web designers who like to pretend that their ability to move a square on a webpage and change its color rivals actual mastery of a programming language

algorithms are not that important, design petterns && data structures are.

>algorithms are not that important
Shiiiiiiit, depends on what you're writing my dude. Sometimes a class of software basically centers around some particular algorithm that was written in the 50s. Take arbitrage. Take a crack at it without the help of the Bellman-Ford algo. You'll be laughed out of the room. I'd posit the fad of discounting algorithms is concomitant with the normie/media invasion and general disdain for FAANG and their hiring practices. You will never and I mean neeevvvveeeerrr be an even half decent programmer if you don't have a good familiar with algorithms within your domain and graph theory to boot. And I'm not talking about bubble sort.

it's all about devaluing labour and getting more profit, why do you think they keep pushing women, 50% of the population, into male areas like engineering? it's so you don't compete with only 50% of the population but with 100% of it, thus, you will earn shit.

also all these corporations are into this, they don't promote feminism and immigrants and "diversity" because it's nice and noble or whatever the fuck - they promote it to flood the labour market and press wages down.

cont.
first it started with the introduction of women into the work force, the career woman, etc
naturally this forced women out of their natural role and into being just more work drones and debt slaves to the system - this created the fertility crisis in the west - that is fixed by keeping the third world a shithole with endless wars thus assuring that third world countries are just "breeding factories" of future work drones and debt slaves that will immigrate to western countries.
it's all working as intended.

Attached: 1506498318089.png (1920x1080, 3.38M)

Fucking this. I have a small story about a normie in coding. he's a CS major.

>be friends for years
>went to hs together
>he's tech illiterate except for playing video games
>"what's your major gonna be bro?"
>"CS. My dad says that I need to do something that will get me a job"
Instantly I knew that he was never gonna make it.
>ff to some months ago
>he's been making music
>hits me up
>"homie, you wanna help me build a website? I gotta learn how to do it"
>he wants a simple HTML site to put his shit on
>"sure dude, I'll set up a git and show you how to make an apache server and stuff"
>I THOUGHT I'd be HELPING him build it
>get it started, bit of html, simple css effects
>months go by, no work is done on the site, not even a pull by him
>I say "hey man, you been workin on your site?"
>"lol no"
>we get together, I help him some more
>same shit happens. hasn't even properly setup his sourcetree, let alone even started apache
>just goes "hmmmm" and "uh-huh" whenever I'm explaining shit to him
>tfw I learned all this shit within hours from a few websites
>eventually realize he'll never build it on his own
>he gifts me a steam game as payment, I build two designs in the course of a few days
>write the entire site for him
>he doesn't have enough money to pay for hosting or a domain name
>JUST

Normies who don't give a shit will never make it. The worst part is that I feel like the industry will be saturated with these kinds of people. I love the guy, but goddamn he's never gonna have any skills at this rate.

Attached: normies.jpg (625x540, 50K)

Because comforting lies sell better than uncomfortable truths.

"Anyone can code and everyone should. Buy my book Learn X in Y days" is easy to sell and has broad appeal. They are selling idiots dreams of easy money.

user the post this thread was referencing was essentially
>get all your news from Jow Forums
Which is absolutely fucking retarded. Everyone knows CNN is garbage, but that doesn't make Jow Forums a good alternative

i chose c++ for my first language and cause off school and teenager stuff i dont alway have time for programming. and iv been learning 9 months and been reading programming principles and practices for 7 months. and i almost have that read through.

it pains me that i lack free time.