Recaptcha has to go

How do we get rid of the recaptcha menace, Jow Forums?

Is it possible at this point to develop an open source alternative that's less frustrating and doesn't provide free mechanical turk labor to one of the most profitable companies on earth?

Furthermore, even if an open source alternative was developed, would it even be possible to convince websites to use it?

Pic related is pretty standard for me, and one mistake results in the failure of the sequence of captchas when you go to submit a post. I've had instances where I've spent 3-5 minutes just trying to complete captchas for a post that took 2 minutes to write. Ridiculous.

It's even worse if you use Firefox or a browser that Google has blacklisted.

Attached: ridiculous garbage.webm (420x600, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

phpcaptcha.org
google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3beta.html#creation-of-value
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just buy the pass, goy

Post webm so we can see you retard the shit up.

>if you aren't a perfectly accurate mechanical turk worker for google, you're a retard and don't deserve to post!
imagine being this good of a goy

Are you downloading anything?. I've seen captcha act funky when my downloading is maxed out.

>being so much of a retard google assumes you're a bad robot
fuckin lmao

What's up with the image in the background?. Is that the fucking pop up window that comes with warez sites and shit?. You got botnet mother fucker and Google knows it. Run Malwarebytes post results and then format your shit.

There are already a million alternatives. Admins just love G's cock too much to implement them.

Stop playing bad games.

He isn't solving a Jow Forums captcha.

That's the game he's solving the captcha for.

Just a random example of ridiculous captchas I found on Jow Forums, not my webm.

Also, I think it's league of legends or some shitty F2P game.

>That's the game he's solving the captcha for.

I still suspect he's got some malware.

Why would it affect captcha?

Maybe, most gaymers do.

>malware infects your computer
>spams penis pill advertisements all over the net
>Google notes the IP as a troublemaker due to report influx
>your IP now has more difficult captcha to try to stop the bots

well. I've had troubles with recaptch and anecdotally I remember instances where when I did a system restore it fixed it. I basically deduced (after trying everything else of course) that it was some shit on my pc or whatever. Maybe even a cookie. Who the hell knows but didn't feel like wasting any more time trying to figure out EXACTLY what it was. Did a wipe and restored and it worked after that. I doubt it was malware. My point is in your case it might be. I mean if it would actually HURT you to run a scan then nevermind.

Because it works fine for me at the moment.

>spams penis pill advertisements all over the net
Through which channel?

I know this feel all too well. It happens when you make too many posts in a short amount of time. Effectively, with this system, Jow Forums is punishing active participation.

Use Jow Forums X and press the Force Noscript Captcha option. That way you get only one "select all images with ___" captcha, and you're done. At least, that's what has been happening to me ever since I started using it.

phpcaptcha.org
>written in PHP as the rest of site
>doesn't require JS
>simple no bullshit images
only issue will be that it's BSD licensed

Just a suggestion. How about a mass signage? We get 10K signatures and then present it to admin?

That doesn't make much sense. That's what the cooldown counter crap is for.

This is different from the cooldown. You still get longer and longer captchas if you make too many posts in a short amount of time.

They randomly flag and unflag people even if the IP stays the same all the time. Sometimes recaptcha decides to camp a source, flagging everyone trying to access it as a bot no matter what.

Sometimes you get bot strikes just because you repeatedly solve captchas even if doing alright. If you're wrong you also get bot strikes. If you don't want to do some stupid type of captcha, like "select all squares with cars" and request a new one recaptcha will repeatedly come up with the same type of recaptcha instead of something different and if you have requested too many new recaptchas because the others didn't ever change their design you're flagged as a bot too.

Personally I'd beat the clossal idiot who designed this whole system with an iron bar to death if I could as that piece of shit wastes everyone's time with pure nonsense and falseflagging.

Search for "recaptcha fails" and you get a lot of results of people being flagged as bots constantly. There was this recaptcha version that'd draw words in a weird way: Turned out when Google checked it that bots had less trouble solving these than humans. Just can't find the source for that anymore.

Also the captcha instructions are unclear. All "select all squares with" don't state whether only front view or also side view or back view count (street signs from the back for example), whether the outermost part of something still counts (should but most often doesn't as that part still belongs to what I'm supposed to select), that it's actually a valid selection (was forced to select an ad sign as street sign as hitting skip would prompt me to do my selecting) etc.

All stupid shit that doesn't do it's sole job to nail it.

Attached: 1533269943957.jpg (249x250, 7K)

I wonder who gookmoot loves more...
>10k anons who want easier or less botnetted captchas and use adblock producing no data to sell nor ad revenue
>100k mobileposters full of tasty data who don't block ads and the Jow Forums redditors with passes who pay his rent

Attached: 1500149520721.jpg (727x480, 38K)

I'm using Overchan on mobile and there are no ads(?)

Can we not at least try to reach out to the admins?

I've never had problems with captcha ever since buying the Official Jow Forums™ Pass! You should get one too!

>Spending money to have people tell you to install Gentoo 20 times a day
No thanks.

That's what I ended up doing. Unfortunately, I still have to deal with regular captcha on other sites.

Please, this is the worst captcha is fucking existence

Is there a way to force noscript Captcha on ALL google captchas, not just Jow Forums? Surely someone can make an extension for it?

it's a MILLION times easier to deal with. If I had to deal with the bullshit in the OP I would leave Jow Forums permanently.

Seriously, WHY THE FUCK DO THEY DISAPPEAR AND JUST COME BACK 5+ TIMES BEFORE IT FUCKING WORKS

FUCK YOU JEWGLE

I swear they are using us to teach AI or some similar underhanded bullshit.

Attached: 1531055951412.jpg (1024x766, 62K)

werks 4 me ;)!

Attached: 2018-08-08_12-07-35.webm (1254x860, 2.86M)

>not using 4chanX
>not forcing v2 captcha

Attached: big_brane.png (1920x1080, 955K)

>not downloading the same third party tools as me

One day it will be legal to kill retards like you.

Attached: 1527802208041.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

So.. you'd rather spend up to 10 minutes solving a captcha because for whatever idiotic reason you don't want to use an unofficial tool which enhances the site you use daily by x1000.

One day it will be legal to kill retards like you.

Attached: 1532634822035.gif (69x61, 8K)

No, my point is that you shouldn't act like a smug faggot pretending that third party tools make the underlying problem nonexistent.

Why should I have to download extra software just so that what I'm using works properly?

The fact this needs to be spelled out for you is a testament to the kind of dumbass you currently are.

Attached: 1531030976100.png (362x507, 192K)

this

Obviously they're using it to teach AI, ever wonder why there are so many captchas asking you to identify cars, stopsingns, etc?

>pretending that third party tools make the underlying problem nonexistent.
Except nobody fucking said that. Gook moot isn't going to change shit so it's a waste of time complaining when you can do something about it.

>
Why should I have to download extra software just so that what I'm using works properly?
Ask Hiro. He refused to make any improvements to the site, so users took to fixing the problems themselves.

>The fact this needs to be spelled out for you
It's not my fault you lack comprehension.

>Except nobody fucking said that.
It's implied when you smugly say "works for me."

You should calm down and not get so defensive when your basic reading skills are called out.

>It's not my fault you lack comprehension.

Also, repeating my legitimate critique of your failures doesn't mean they apply to me.

I'm guessing your still in high school with that attitude.

>It's implied when you smugly say "works for me."

Did you really fall for the most basic bait around?

Being retarded on purpose still makes you retarded. Now don't you have some virginity to lose?

>one minute to solve captcha
I'm sorry OP but you're retarded

Attached: 1504727155559.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>It's implied
You thinking it's implied doesn't mean anything.

People have been complaining about the recaptcha for years. Many anons have pointed out a way around it. Most people use that alterative method. You on the other hand are still bitching.

Clearly some new idiot.
You're stupid and don't offer anything of value.

>You thinking it's implied doesn't mean anything.

Correct, it's implied for the reasons that also made me think so. When you say "works for me" and post a video of your extension, you are saying "this is not a problem if you have this extension."

Again, the fact that this needs to be spelled out is a testament to how stupid you are. The fact that you continue to argue otherwise showcases you inability to improve after making a mistake.

Good day, retard.

t.brainlet who couldnt solve captcha even with third party tools

>people tell you to install Gentoo 20 times a day
All me.

Great post.

How could you do this to me, user!?

Attached: 14449763_1120912101298107_2956306235929251064_n.jpg (158x225, 6K)

I deleted it. I was testing something and I have it set to autopost after captcha and it posted. Didn't mean shit.

>recaptcha will increase the quality of posts on Jow Forums!
>it did nothing to increase the quality of posts on Jow Forums

Attached: 1528553745157.png (640x720, 630K)

>yfw you realize you can fill the captcha with the numpad

it is mainly to prevent shitposting bots. I remember it being implemented when some gay Ukrainian pedo was trying to "steal" users from here by making bot posts shilling for his site añóntalk.

the captcha should require you to solve a basic integral from calc I, which would eliminate 95% of shitposters

If you're using a vpn it will cuck you endlessly.

>bots

Which it did nothing to prevent

i wouldn't say nothing, there are fewer bots, but ya it's still bad

It actually did. Good god the spam was horrible before captcha.

>Is it possible at this point to develop an open source alternative that's less frustrating

That was always possible.
Captcha's are easy to make and have existed for decades.

But then how will Jow Forums make money?

There is cripplechan already.

I get these things every time i search google in incognito tab but not when it's a regular tab
>google thinks I'm a bot because I don't want all my searches to be saved
I tried moving to Bing but search results suck compared to botnet.

Does it have anything to do with how fast you clicked on the pics? I click it as fast as you and have the same problem.

>I swear they are using us to teach AI or some similar underhanded bullshit.
I that not obvious to everyone?

>I swear they are using us to teach AI or some similar underhanded bullshit.
no shit?
google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3beta.html#creation-of-value

Attached: 2018-08-08_235024_scrot.jpg (363x457, 25K)

I know this is not an ideal solution, but I found the captcha has now much better success rates when I slow the fuck down.
I'm an impatient fuck and always click the shit out of those squares and get flagged with the shitty fading squares. Once I tried doing it like an old fuck who can't into computer and surprisingly I haven't gotten those bullshit rejections after clicking one trillion squares. It's not perfect and it won't stop the squares from appearing but at least I don't get fails.

oh fuck no way

>he doesn't even realize that getting the correct answer is mostly irrelevant to the test

ReCaptcha sometimes blocks you "for sending automated requests" unless you use Google's DNS servers

>lol

Using Google DNS doesn't mean you won't get captchas anyway. I used to get tons while using google dns and incognite windows for doing searches.

I've only had issues with recaptcha on my cell phone. Which I am okay with because phone posters should be gassed.

is there a way to activate this using ublock?

get 4chanx

Fuck recaptcha. I wish somebody would murder everyone involved into this project in the most cruel, Saw-tier, way where they would have to solve their own captcha to escape death. And fuck goolag in general.
The problem is, there's already a lot of working, more or less bot-proof (but-not-human-proof, unlike this shit) captchas, but there's barely anyone using them because they love to suck jewgle cock so much. And they wouldn't have such influence if people not only not used their products, but outright boycotted them while other corporations would offer the same or better products/services - it wouldn't solve problem in general, since fighting against global cyberpunk-tier-evil corporations isn't easy, but at leas they would have to fight between themselves rather than shit on people.

That's why you use searx.me, brainlet

>Donate
>Did you know that operation of searx.me would cost more than 5000 USD/year?
It won't survive for long.

Download teamviewer, paypal me 10 bucks and I'll do all your captchas for a day via teamviewer.